Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 05:53 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If I were Obama, I would demand the General's resignation. Generals follow policy, not make it.

If I was the General I would ask for Obamas resignation due to not having the skills to lead a military, which is his main job.

So what did you want the General to lie for Obama like everyone else?

The truth hurts liberal so badly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 06:07 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Can him, we have twice as many Generals as we need.

This is the same guy who made up the story about Tillmans death

Last edited by Marka; 12-22-2009 at 02:24 AM.. Reason: cut quote

Old 10-05-2009, 06:09 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The problem for Obama is Patreaus and the joint chiefs have agreed with the general. Obama has to decide either to do what he said in supporting afganistan or I am sure the general will gladly turn in his resignation.Its really the problem with what Obama has told NATO and in his campiaign about staying in afganistan and the lberals in his party that he has problems with.Peronally I say either do what is necessary or get out and face the consequences.
Good point, I think that is a pretty accurate summary of the situation.

I would find it difficult to have my kid over in Afghanistan right this moment, with the hesitant military support being provided by the Obama Administration.

Obama needs to bring this to closure fast, you can't let this just continue.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:10 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Can him, we have twice as many Generals as we need.

This is the same guy who made up the story about Tillmans death
Army Secretary to recommend retired general be demoted - ESPN

Old 10-05-2009, 06:12 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I think that you are the one not being rational if you think anyone can ever come close to being as bad as Bush. Over four thousand soldiers dead, countless disabled, not to mention the ones that are dealing with PTSD for a war waged on lies and deceit and you think that is something to make light of?
using your logic, although I choked when I typed that, Lincoln was a total POS wasn't he?

as far as the obamanator, he should look to the east on how to become a real man. Toyota CEO apologizes for Calif. crash, losses - The Boston Globe
we could use that around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
"POCKY STON" he kills me when he prounces Pakistan that way!!
although it pains me to say this, he is actually right on that one. The paki means peace (think Pacific Ocean, pacify etc.) and stan is land. I know it's a huge oxymoron, but that place is the peaceful land according to its name.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:18 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
If I was the General I would ask for Obamas resignation due to not having the skills to lead a military, which is his main job.

So you support a military coup against a fairly elected government official, who is only one branch of the duly elected government?

What McChrystal did was stupid, but what you just said is traitorous.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:26 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
And you'd (rightly so) quickly find your butt in the stockade.

Quote:

The Tillman case certainly proved him capable of being a liar.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:35 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
Better to resign and keep what's left of one's sanity than to promote a war you feel is just not "winnable." It's a sad fact that some people in the military do not have, and have never had a conscience. All they know is war, and more war. The weapons manufacturers love multiple wargasms.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
mccrystal is playing blatant politics. its all about the silent anaconda squeezing DC, DOD

Old 10-05-2009, 06:54 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Better to resign and keep what's left of one's sanity than to promote a war you feel is just not "winnable." It's a sad fact that some people in the military do not have, and have never had a conscience. All they know is war, and more war. The weapons manufacturers love multiple wargasms.
Peaple leave their conscience at the door when they join the military. They replace it with duty and honor to their country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies