Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 05:04 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times

Advertisements

thanks obama guess somebody made some money. hell i dont even have a job. but healthcare will save me keep pushing that and screw creating jobs. is that enough credit and praise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 06:51 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
You know, for years now we have ALL watched as US companies shipped our nation's jobs off to India, China, Mexico, Bangaledesh, etc.

These companies partied it up because of the "growth" in their profit margins and then watched the "value" of their stocks go up. Many who were paper millionaires under Bush are now moving out of their foreclosed McMansions, driving away from the suburbs in their gas guzzling Escalades & Denalis and hitting the unemployment line like those blue collar "factory folks".

So now that China and India own us and their people have ALL of our jobs we want to complain that it is Obama's fault?

The reason that I am scared for our country is not because Obama is in the White House (I'm glad we have him as POTUS)....I am scared because all of the ridiculous in-fighting about trivial issues and the race to score pointless points is making our country weaker.

So many people are willing to destroy America's future for the sake of being "right". Instead of attempting to work with the Obama administration, they would rather undermine it and in-turn undermine the importance of the position.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:55 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Instead of attempting to work with the Obama administration, they would rather undermine it and in-turn undermine the importance of the position.
A Democratic President with a majority Democratic Congress and they are being undermined ?

They have the majority vote and the signature all the way to the top.
They have the power to pass whatever bills they want and NOT be undermined.

We're 10 months into a Democratic administration and all they seem to be doing is bickering among themselves.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:59 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
A Democratic President with a majority Democratic Congress and they are being undermined ?

They have the majority vote and the signature all the way to the top.
They have the power to pass whatever bills they want and NOT be undermined.

We're 10 months into a Democratic administration and all they seem to be doing is bickering among themselves.
Its not about a Democratic President and a Democratic Congress...its about (R), (D) and (I)s all getting together in the best interest of our country and not simply trying to score early points in the next election.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:16 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Its not about a Democratic President and a Democratic Congress...its about (R), (D) and (I)s all getting together in the best interest of our country and not simply trying to score early points in the next election.
This has been going on for the past 16 years.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:31 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,838 times
The market was up today because 7 out of the last 9 days it was down. Nothing more, nothing less. Unless you trade in the market on a daily basis you are just guessing why it moves up and down. And if you go by what the MSM tells you you will be wrong 90% of the time.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:48 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
What is there to praise? What has he done that was a direct cause for the market to go up? Answer that and depending on that answer I will praise him. Just being President does not mean you get the praise for what investors do.
I read somewhere a few months ago that "they" were going to drive the stock market up to convince gullible people to put their money back in the stock market so "they" can make some good money off it before it really crashes.

I'm not going to praise the stock market because I do believe there are many games played.

The problem with this economy is that it's based on the same things that made it bad. Spending with a lot of debt, higher debt, a housing bubble, cheap products for sale but no jobs for Americans.

Obama lied - he said they would take another look at NAFTA, renegotiate it but like he told the Canadians, he only said that to win votes. He doesn't give a damn about employment for Americans.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:20 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
The market was up today because 7 out of the last 9 days it was down. Nothing more, nothing less. Unless you trade in the market on a daily basis you are just guessing why it moves up and down. And if you go by what the MSM tells you you will be wrong 90% of the time.
Good point. For the most part the stock market is driven by traders, not investors. A trader seeks to make a buck by buying and selling stock, not by investing in companies. That being said, the market fluctuations say little about the health of the economy. The traders will always make a buck, even in a bear market. Investors, on the other hand, usually take a bath.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:11 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Credit goes to the investors who drove the market up..not based on anything that BHO did...simply a function of buying and selling...
In which case the President shouldn't get the blame for either upturns or downturns, right? Hmm...something seems to be amiss here.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:34 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Credit goes to the investors who drove the market up..not based on anything that BHO did...simply a function of buying and selling...

Then I guess he shouldn't get the blame when it goes down either, it's just investors loosing their nerve and pulling out. It is all the fault of the investors, up or down. Yea BHO is free from this one. I'm sure he will rest easier tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies