Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 10:06 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times

Advertisements

BTW sickofnyc - the article you linked too is several months old and has been previously discussed - at great length.\

Then, being in Arizona - we have seen and heard a lot on this story, including the coverup allegations.

Hence why I did not get excited over your link - to use a phrase used often; "been there done that"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 10:10 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
So, you cannot acknowledge that Tillman was a true American Hero.

I understand.
What's your problem? Semantics? I will not use words that another puts in my mouth. I don't deny his honor and nobility to pursue what he perceived as a noble cause. If that makes him a hero, then fine. Why are labels more important than the real person? You are the one doing his memory a disservice.

FACTS AND LIES / PAT TILLMAN CASE

1. Pat Tillman dies. Medical examiners request a fratricide investigation sometime thereafter. Their request is denied.

2. Gen. McChrystal sends a cable to Gen. Abizaid and another general on April 22 urging them to notify the President of this probable fratricide "in order to preclude any unknowing statements by our country's leaders which might cause embarrassment if the circumstances of Cpl. Tillman's death becomes public."

3. Gen.Abizaid claims he didn't receive it for 10 or 12 days, because he was in Iraq. (They don't have email, or even secure pouches for urgent memos?) Defense Department records later show that Gen. Abizaid was not in Iraq, but was actually in Qatar and Afghanistan - where the killing occurred - during that 10 to 12 days.

4. Gen. Myers learns the true nature of Cpl. Tillman's death in late April, yet - according to his testimony - did not feel the need to inform either the Secretary of Defense or the President.

5. Military records show that dozens of officers knew of the true nature of the Lieutenant's death within days, yet senior officers and Pentagon officials still maintain they didn't know for weeks. (Surprisingly, they did not undertake a massive review of military procedures in order to determine how such a massive series of communications failures could occur - one that eerily affected every single senior officer with responsibility for this case simultaneously.)

6. The military continues to press the story that Tillman was killed while courageously leading a counterattack in an Afghan mountain pass. (Nice poetic touch, that "mountain pass" - good for recruitment.)

7. A national memorial service is held for Cpl Tillman several days later. The President and others talk about Cpl. Tillman's heroism in that mythical mountain pass - yet Gen. Myers, per his own testimony, still felt no need to inform either the SecDef or the President .

8. Rumsfeld says he was not told the truth until "some time after May 20," or approximately a month after Gen. Myers learned of the incident. Yet he seems strangely undisturbed to learn that the truth was known six weeks earlier and he wasn't informed.

9. Neither Rumsfeld nor the President felt the need to correct the record publicly upon learning the truth.

10. It wasn't until reporters filed a Freedom of Information Act that the following information became public on July 27: ""Army medical examiners were suspicious about the close proximity of the three bullet holes in Pat Tillman's forehead and tried without success to get authorities to investigate whether the former NFL player's death amounted to a crime."

Let's say it again, to be very clear: The White House and Pentagon withheld the facts about this killing until they were legally forced to reveal them months later by Freedom of Information laws. And they never ordered a criminal investigation.

OpEdNews - Article: FACTS AND LIES / PAT TILLMAN CASE

Old 10-05-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
BTW sickofnyc - the article you linked too is several months old and has been previously discussed - at great length.\

Then, being in Arizona - we have seen and heard a lot on this story, including the coverup allegations.

Hence why I did not get excited over your link - to use a phrase used often; "been there done that"
You might have been there, but you've done nothing. You do not think that this guy's memory or his familiy's anguish is worthy of further investigation to put them at peace. Shame. The fact that the article is several months old, does not change the fact that it is not yet resolved and now this general wants 40,000 more troops to oversee. Right!

Old 10-05-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You might have been there, but you've done nothing. You do not think that this guy's memory or his familiy's anguish is worthy of further investigation to put them at peace. Shame. The fact that the article is several months old, does not change the fact that it is not yet resolved and now this general wants 40,000 more troops to oversee. Right!
I believe you have failed to note that, I have been following this story since Pat was killed.

We now know it was a friendly fire incident - but that does not equate to a criminal act. Was McChrystal involved? Perhaps.

But, I'm more concerned with NOW - and the need for additional troops in Afghanistan - rather than trying to point fingers in the Tillman death.

Fact is - more troops are needed in Afghanistan. Let's take care of business first - then, when we get the job done - we can take a look at the Tillman case further if deemed necessary.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
You might have been there, but you've done nothing. !
As an aside, I will be in Afghanistan in December delivering packages to the troops

Old 10-05-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
I believe you have failed to note that, I have been following this story since Pat was killed.

We now know it was a friendly fire incident - but that does not equate to a criminal act. Was McChrystal involved? Perhaps.

But, I'm more concerned with NOW - and the need for additional troops in Afghanistan - rather than trying to point fingers in the Tillman death.

Fact is - more troops are needed in Afghanistan. Let's take care of business first - then, when we get the job done - we can take a look at the Tillman case further if deemed necessary.
What job is getting done? We have no business being there. War's a racket and we should not be nation building when are own nation was sent down the toilet over the last decade. Good for Obama to reassess the situation that most likely is not doable for at least 40 years. If you are asking me what this general had to do with Tillman's case, then you did not read any of the pertinent articles. Let's just agree to disagree.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:58 PM

805 posts, read 774,186 times
Quote:
Excuse me, but where did I disrespect Pat Tillman? I am giving way more respect than someone denying the real possibility of a horrendous cover-up. Of course he was honorable. He put a promising career on hold to go fight the enemy that he was told attacked us on 9/11. He began having reservations...

The American people reluctantly went along with the Bush administration's WMD charade in justifying its attack of Iraq and even their Katrina response fiasco but it will unequivocally not go along with the deliberate execution of Pat Tillman because he was about to go public with his misgivings about Bush and Cheney's illegal photo op war with Iraq.

Consider this,Tillman was deeply troubled by the war. In fact, he was overheard speaking out about the Iraq invasion and telling another soldier to vote for Kerry. The Progressive Review reveals that Tillman's favorite author was none other than Noam Chomsky. A visit with Chomsky was set up for as soon as Tillman returned. It seem most likely he was planning to speak out loudly and publicly against the war when his tour was over.

OpEdNews - Diary: Pat Tillman's Murder Begs For Justice / Olbermann Video

Why don't you give him the respect of demanding the truth behind his death as his parents and many other American's have?
Ya shure! So you're a Tillman truther?
I did not even know that there was such a thing.
"The deliberate execution of Cpl. Pat Tillman"??
"Tillman troubled by the War"?
"Progressive Review reveals"?
"Noam Chomsky favorite author"?
Ya Shure truther.
Did ya have help from Cindy Sheehan writing this garbage?

Odd that the fringe MSM has not written very much about this most important topic.
Does this "outing" of Cpl. Pat Tillman as about to speak out against the war before being executed by Rumsfeld fulfill some deep psychological need on your part?

The parents have the body. They have the testimony of the troops that were engaged in that tragedy. They had investigations. Nothing new has been discovered.

More liberal bs

Let this man lie in peace!

Old 10-05-2009, 11:45 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,015 times
Quote:
Okay, as tired as I am and I still have to ask. What lies were told about Bush that were debunked?
Who said anything about lies? I said there were accusations made that weren't proven to be factual. The way it works is the accuser has to prove what they're saying is true....not the other way around. There are a million accusations about what Bush supposedly did while in office but, he hasn't been proven guilty of anything in a court of law....no one has even tried to prosecute him. There were resolutions for impeachment introduced in the house by the democrats......

Movement to impeach George W. Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

.....but, when they had the opportunity to follow through on any of it, they backed out:

"It would also inevitably raise the question of who in Congress was complicit with Bush’s criminal conduct over the past seven years—tarring Democrats as well as Republicans, since a majority of Senate Democrats and a large number of House Democrats voted for the Iraq war resolution in 2002. Many other actions listed in Kucinich’s articles of impeachment were given near-unanimous support by the Democrats".

House Democrats kill resolution to impeach Bush

That's not the point I was making......what I'm saying is with some of recent uproar the right has been making against people connected to Obama, there's actual recorded evidence or written evidence that the accused wrote themselves (in their past). Evidence that the public has seen and can't be disputed....it's on tape....and some people still try and defend the accused.

As an example, when the first ACORN tape came out (which was bad enough by itself), there was still support for ACORN from many. It was being pointed out that those involved had already been fired.....that there was no supervisor in the building when the tape was secretly being made.....that the two who made the tape, did so illegally and could be facing serious charges for doing it.....that they had tried it at several other ACORN locations with no success. Then when it was revealed that there were more tapes (5-6 all from different locations), even Obama and the democrats in congress distanced themselves from ACORN and yet there are still a few on the left that try and defend the organization.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:54 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You need to read up on McChrystal's involvement with the Pat Tillman cover-up.
I don't understand what that has to do with Eisenhower or Petraeus or why the remark was made when viewing their pictures.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:59 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
if all this is true, then why shouldn't this come out
and why, if Obama hand picked, him should he not receive the heat?
He is, after all, commander in chief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies