Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 01:48 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,898,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
Janeane Garofalo would disagree.

Did you not bother to read the post two spaces above yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 02:35 PM

22,179 posts, read 19,446,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You've got to be kidding me or check your glasses. Even in this forum people are called racists for disagreeing with Obama.

Jimmy Carter, Janeanne Garafalo, Bill Clinton, Whoopi Goldberg - come on!

The point I'm trying to make is that every time you oppose someone with a different skin color it's not racism.
Who on this forum other than the birthers have been called racists? And who other than the birthers and those affiliated with confederate groups been called racists by the people you mentioned above?

Old 10-06-2009, 02:39 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
Let's see, she's black (and a billionaire and a businesswoman) and he's a white politician and wait for it, wait for it --- they are both Democrats.

She gave lots of bucks to Obama's campaign and now she's supporting the Republican candidate for governor in Virginia.

She made fun of the Democrat candidate for governor by mimicking his stuttering.

So, is she an evil rich black racist? Did they talk about this in all of the blogs, on TV, in the newspapers or on liberal talk radio? Did President Obama offer an opinion about it in his press conferences/speeches?

"'I have been a lifelong Democrat and I'm still a Democrat," she said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press."

The Associated Press: BET founder mimics Va. gov candidate's speech

Billionaire Democratic Donor Sheila Johnson to Endorse Bob McDonnell for Virginia Governor - Political News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/20/bet-founder-sheila-johnson-endorse-bob-mcdonnell-virginia-governor/ - broken link)

I'm only trying to make a point that by calling every white person a racist who opposes a black person's ideas or actions dilutes the real meaning of racism.

who cares? racism is a part of free speech, even if it is repugnant.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:29 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,660,340 times
wow whoopi posts on CD?!?!?!

Quote:
You've got to be kidding me or check your glasses. Even in this forum people are called racists for disagreeing with Obama.

Jimmy Carter, Janeanne Garafalo, Bill Clinton, Whoopi Goldberg - come on!

The point I'm trying to make is that every time you oppose someone with a different skin color it's not racism.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:35 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,423,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Ditto; I read the OP several times and I still didn't grasp the point she was attempting to make.
Many of those on the right don't grasp the concept of racism for some reason. They don't see racism where it exists and cry racism when an issue has nothing to do with race simple because it involves people of different races.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:42 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,072 times
Quote:
Let's see, she's black (and a billionaire and a businesswoman) and he's a white politician and wait for it, wait for it --- they are both Democrats.

She gave lots of bucks to Obama's campaign and now she's supporting the Republican candidate for governor in Virginia.

She made fun of the Democrat candidate for governor by mimicking his stuttering.

So, is she an evil rich black racist? Did they talk about this in all of the blogs, on TV, in the newspapers or on liberal talk radio? Did President Obama offer an opinion about it in his press conferences/speeches?

"'I have been a lifelong Democrat and I'm still a Democrat," she said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press."

The Associated Press: BET founder mimics Va. gov candidate's speech

Billionaire Democratic Donor Sheila Johnson to Endorse Bob McDonnell for Virginia Governor - Political News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/20/bet-founder-sheila-johnson-endorse-bob-mcdonnell-virginia-governor/ - broken link)

I'm only trying to make a point that by calling every white person a racist who opposes a black person's ideas or actions dilutes the real meaning of racism.
Then your argument fails due to it's lack of facts!!

Who has EVER said that "EVERY WHITE PERSON" anything?

Certainly I have never heard that statement made, please post it!!

Old 10-06-2009, 04:16 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,062 times
Of COURSE it's racist when the founder of BET makes fun of a white politician. It's ALSO racist to start a thread ASKING whether it's racist when the founder of BET makes fun of a white politician.

It was probably also racist for me to respond to this thread....and it will be racist for anyone to acknowledge this post.

Those who IGNORE this post are probably racist, too....but either won't admit it...or honestly aren't aware of it.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:23 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,855,023 times
The title of this thread cracks me up. You need look no further than the name "BET - Black Entertainment Television" to find the racism. Where is the "White Entertainment Television" network???

Old 10-06-2009, 04:25 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,101,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Many of those on the right don't grasp the concept of racism for some reason. They don't see racism where it exists and cry racism when an issue has nothing to do with race simple because it involves people of different races.
Democrats do this all the time

Old 10-06-2009, 04:31 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,423,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Democrats do this all the time
Some of them. Republicans do it much more. That's why the Dixiecrats left the party and became Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies