Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:37 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the point View Post
their jobs. Unemployment is going to get much worse and the majority of people that I will let go will be from the Bush-bashing crowd that make up approx 15% of my employees. I go to lunch with approx. 10 other business owners once a month and we have all decided after much discussion to lay off this portion of the population first. Coming to this decision has not been easy and I will lose valuable people, but I would rather lay off people politically that I disagree with then someone I can relate to.
Considering your foolishness here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...-his-skin.html.....Obama won all three States.

Why would anybody in their right mind what care the hell you say is going to happen?.....LOL

[ No accountablity whatsoever with these wingnuts. They just spew B.S and hope nobody ever calls them on it.]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 10:44 AM

4,563 posts, read 4,100,992 times
Quote:
their jobs. Unemployment is going to get much worse and the majority of people that I will let go will be from the Bush-bashing crowd that make up approx 15% of my employees. I go to lunch with approx. 10 other business owners once a month and we have all decided after much discussion to lay off this portion of the population first. Coming to this decision has not been easy and I will lose valuable people, but I would rather lay off people politically that I disagree with then someone I can relate to.
nothing like a business owner telling you how to think so you can still put food on the table.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:47 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Looks like the party of no, in the congress, is far more popular then "yes we can!" Who'd of thunk it with all the irrational rhetoric on this forum board? I have a strong guess as to whom might be indulged in all that...

Old 01-17-2010, 10:55 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
Quote:
That's nice

Old 01-17-2010, 12:25 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
A lawyer would have a hay day with that one. Hope you have the cash on the sidelines to deal with wrongful termination suits.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:

This is actually happening, more than anyone would think.
It is the price you pay, when you get what you ask for.

Let them get a taste of that free ride they voted for. How else will they ever learn.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
A lawyer would have a hay day with that one. Hope you have the cash on the sidelines to deal with wrongful termination suits.

You don't have to let them know that.
The reason... the economy and my business can no longer afford you.

I fired you because your a lib and you voted against capitalism, is not going to come out of anyone's mouth..

Old 01-17-2010, 12:46 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This is actually happening, more than anyone would think.
It is the price you pay, when you get what you ask for.

Let them get a taste of that free ride they voted for. How else will they ever learn.
I know well over 100 conservative/liberal business owners and I've never heard of such a thing. I believe the OP's story to be fodder for the message board. I think it's a made up scenario to validate personal feelings.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:01 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You don't have to let them know that.
The reason... the economy and my business can no longer afford you.

I fired you because your a lib and you voted against capitalism, is not going to come out of anyone's mouth..
Pettiness knows no bounds I suppose. I have friends, and have hired workers who were very conservative. I would never think to lash out at them, over my political (and personal) frustration. What kind of man would that make me?

I suppose if that's who you want to be though....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I know well over 100 conservative/liberal business owners and I've never heard of such a thing. I believe the OP's story to be fodder for the message board. I think it's a made up scenario to validate personal feelings.
Yea, I think he's full of crap.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post

Ask the Dell employees that have lost their jobs in the last 6 months.
They are realizing now, just what group is being let go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies