Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 03:49 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
There are PLENTY of racist blacks. The differance is whites do not spend their lives whining about their ansestors history that they had no control over or any part of.

What we do know is the Democrats have elected people involved in the KKK and we do know that the Democrats have elected black racists and we do know that hussein obama has put black racists in his administration.

Considering that it is posible there are some white racists that have slipped through the cracks but you find most of the racist in the Democrat Party. They seem to be a little more open with their racism.
Oh, you mean that history of whites where they beat down black people, told them they have no place in society? That white history where they've had power since this country was founded? Wah fricking wah. Oh yeah, could you please explain how Obama is racist? I've seen you say this many times & whenever someone calls you on it, you run. Care to provide some actual facts for a change?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 03:49 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Quote:
By the way Pug Life ANYONE can run for office, even you. Getting elected is the problem.
The point was that THEY WERE NOMINATED BY A MAJOR PARTY, the party can always deny someone represent them in an election.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:57 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Many people claim the election of Obama was the sign it was over. I saw that the majority of white people voted against him (including myself), so it's likely that SOME did so out of racism and not purely based on an analysis of his (ever-changing) policy beliefs.
I'm not disageeing with any of this. I just don't recall major publications or any reputable source claiming racism was eliminated because we have a black president.

Quote:
Again, he wasn't elected with 100% of the vote, there's probably a large number of people in LA who resent their brown governor. Plus, being from LA, I can tell you that the racism is still VERY prevalent there. I knew people who seemed like normal college students, but then they would yell "n-ggrs!" as they drove by the projects.
I'm not disagreeing with you. However, I do think race relations has improved in LA. I don't think Jindal would have won in the past. And he ran for Governor in 2003 and lost only to win in 2007. Even if he had 43% of the white vote, that is nearly half the white vote in a conservative and former Confederate state.

Quote:
With kids, yeah. Kids in most parts of the US are much better at interracial relationships (not dating) than 15-20 years ago, but the adults seem to have gotten worse since the election. I have never seen so much racial mud being slung since I was born and it all started the moment Obama was elected.
I will respect your anecdotal experience regarding racial mud-slinging. My experience says otherwise and I've seen the country make huge strides in the last 20 years.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
You don't sit in a black racist church for over 20 years and not be a racist yourself. You don't put black racist in your administration and not be a racist yourself. You don't make racist comments and not be a racist as he has done and then we have his own words in his books.
I guess a duck knows it when he sees a duck, eh?

Black churches are not "racist", they welcome white people with open arms. They are militant against racism. Big difference.

Who is the racist he put in his administration?

Oh, and those racist books that white people put on the bestseller list, yeah, so many white people read those books and saw how much he hated them, that's why they voted for him...

Old 10-06-2009, 04:00 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Oh, you mean that history of whites where they beat down black people, told them they have no place in society? That white history where they've had power since this country was founded? Wah fricking wah. Oh yeah, could you please explain how Obama is racist? I've seen you say this many times & whenever someone calls you on it, you run. Care to provide some actual facts for a change?

There is a lot of history of whites being the subject of racism but the point IS

IT"S THE PAST that all these blacks keep hanging on to. People are getting sick of it. We even elect a black oresident and it does not subside it gets worse. Now everything and eveyone is racist.

By the way I have never run from the wuestion of hussein obama's racism. So that is a lie.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
How is our President racist? Did you forget he is half white and was raised by his White mother and White grandmother and had little to no upbringing by any African Americans? That's just absurd. If you want to dispute his policies or say he is a bad President, that's understandable but let's not depict him as something he isn't. It's talk like this that lends little credibility to conservatives or the Republican party. I'm a Republican and I don't endorse this type of speech

You are a Republican? So what. I am an Independent.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I'm not disageeing with any of this. I just don't recall major publications or any reputable source claiming racism was eliminated because we have a black president.
It's not the most reputable source, but there were things like this on every station when he was elected/inagurated, I know because my girlfriend made me watch them all and it was excrutiating.

YouTube - Whether the Obama presidency can put and end to racism in US presstv American dream

Quote:
I'm not disagreeing with you. However, I do think race relations has improved in LA. I don't think Jindal would have won in the past. And he ran for Governor in 2003 and lost only to win in 2007. Even if he had 43% of the white vote, that is nearly half the white vote in a conservative and former Confederate state.
The 43% number was for Obama. But yeah, it's still impressive that Louisiana elected an Indian man, I haven't been back since 2004, so maybe a lot has changed, but I definitely saw a lot of racism in Louisiana, far more than in California.

Quote:
I will respect your anecdotal experience regarding racial mud-slinging. My experience says otherwise and I've seen the country make huge strides in the last 20 years.
Yeah, the last 20 years were great. It's the last 10 months I'm concerned about...It's like saying the stock market did great during Bush's term...you're ignoring the most important part.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:04 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,298,303 times
Quote:
You don't sit in a black racist church for over 20 years and not be a racist yourself. You don't put black racist in your administration and not be a racist yourself. You don't make racist comments and not be a racist as he has done and then we have his own words in his books.
Did you ever think he disagreed with some of the pastor's comments but joined that church to associate with friends and others who he respected. People join churches for different reasons. I'm sure if we dug through Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter's past, they probably had racist friends. Are we going to indict them for guilt by association? I think this is silly. I'm a Republican Hispanic who is socially liberal. I have some White friends that are racist against minorites. They are good people but unfortunately they have views I don't agree with. I'll speak my mind and won't allow them to use the N word at my house but that is life. They are good people who have some views I disagree with. We have to learn to get along and accept that people will have different views from us.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 10-06-2009 at 04:15 PM..

Old 10-06-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
I guess a duck knows it when he sees a duck, eh?

Black churches are not "racist", they welcome white people with open arms. They are militant against racism. Big difference.

Who is the racist he put in his administration?

Oh, and those racist books that white people put on the bestseller list, yeah, so many white people read those books and saw how much he hated them, that's why they voted for him...

You can search through my posts and find the answers to all your qquestions.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:10 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
No, not really.
Newsflash, most white people don't feel like they're the victim.
OTHER newsflash....most non-whites don't feel like 'victims', either. The problem is, they get little attention from the media. They're not 'good copy'.

White, black, or 'other'....'normal' people don't usually attract much attention....nor do they usually get news stories written about them. It's the disaffected, the marginalized, and the 'wackos' that we read about....the rest of us are too busy going about our lives to have much time to give interviews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies