Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
Yes, they should completely forgive 142 37.97%
They should forgive but dont forget 183 48.93%
No, they shouldnt forgive America 49 13.10%
Voters: 374. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 03:34 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
No one alive today was here when this was happening.

There have been a ton of bad things happen in our history and we need to move on and not sit and dwell on it forever.

Those who had several generations ago family members who were slaves need to not use it as a tool like many still do today.

Move on, if you continue to live backwards you will never go forward in your life.

I'd love to, if certain folks would let me............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 03:40 PM

151 posts, read 138,618 times
Can I get a courtesy floggin' from a white man so I can feel the pain of my ancestors? I haven't been feeling too slave-ish lately and I need to get back to my roots.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:45 PM

533 posts, read 318,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBarry View Post
Can I get a courtesy floggin' from a white man so I can feel the pain of my ancestors? I haven't been feeling too slave-ish lately and I need to get back to my roots.
Sure. Go right back to stormfront and I'd guess you could easily find someone to accomodate you.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:21 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Jews? Germans? Japanese? Never heard of that before. The Germans and the Japanese were probably the ones who paid reparations....

The Jewish people were paid reperations from some american companies but the majority came from Germany and other European countries.
German Reparations to the Jews after World War II ...

Old 04-06-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpar View Post
Hm, I didn't know that. Makes you laugh a bit. And some of the Japanese native country attacked us, haha. I wonder how this will go over with people. What am I saying, it's C-D.
It was paid b/c Japenese Americans were detained and everything that they owned was taken away from them by the American government

Old 04-06-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
No one alive today was here when this was happening.

There have been a ton of bad things happen in our history and we need to move on and not sit and dwell on it forever.

Those who had several generations ago family members who were slaves need to not use it as a tool like many still do today.

Move on, if you continue to live backwards you will never go forward in your life.

I really don't think that you fully grasp what is being said. Granted many bad things have happened to groups of people in this country, but many of those things have been recified and people moved on. As far as Blacks in America are concerned, after slavery the persecution continued up into the next century and just by reading some of these post on CD not much has changed.

The reason that many blacks did not mentioned what was promised (40 acres and a mule) at that time was b/c many were still being LYNCHED by a corrupt and racist local government. Knowing that many remained silent for fear of their lives. Todays blacks living in America do not share the same fear and intimination and will speak out much to the dismay of some whites and especially the older ones who grew up during the what I call the "Black passive years" during the earlier times of the Jim Crow Era.

I don't believe that people want to constantly live in the past, but even you have to notice whenever that there is some sort of racial disagreement blacks are always the main focus of the conversation. considering blacks are not the "super minority" (Hispanics are) but they still take the brunt of the discussion unless immigration is concerned

Old 04-06-2010, 07:42 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,409,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golem1979 View Post
Not a single city in Canada has a murder rate anywhere near as high as Detroit, Compton, New Orleans, St. Louis, Oakland, Atlanta, Memphis, etc which are all predominantly Black cities.

So America would have alot less violent crime today if this country never participated in the African slave trade.
yea but because of this country participating in the african slave trade this country has more flavor then most. so go back to your cave nerd.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:45 PM

42 posts, read 76,446 times
America is not even to blame for slavery.

Before the Europeans even started gathering slaves to sell in the New World, Africans were enslaving each other from different tribes.

We just sort of "carried on their tradition".

In comparison to the Holocaust, which I have heard Jewish victims forgive the Germans for, the ancestors of slaves need to drop it and move on with their lives.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear View Post
America is not even to blame for slavery.

Before the Europeans even started gathering slaves to sell in the New World, Africans were enslaving each other from different tribes.

We just sort of "carried on their tradition".

In comparison to the Holocaust, which I have heard Jewish victims forgive the Germans for, the ancestors of slaves need to drop it and move on with their lives.
ok (stream forming) QUIT comparing the holocaust to slavery! There is no comparision! The holocaust at most (by some records) took 5-6 million jews and others lives in a period of 4-5 years(maybe) and after the war they were culturally intact. American Slavery cost over 20 million lives and the repercussions are still being felt to this day. Oh and another thing, african/european slavery can never compare to the damages that American slavery has done to any group of people. So you DID NOT CARRY ON THEIR TRADITION and truthfully you really should not say that b/c it makes an intelligent person such as yourself sound stupid.

Jewish victims also recieved reperations from Germany, which really helped them forget some of the horrors that they had to deal with

Old 04-07-2010, 06:47 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REA88 View Post
Our countries future depends on the black community moving on.
Our country's future depends on them getting off the pity pot, embracing their citizenship fully, or deciding to leave once and for all if America is so odious to their psyches. No one is willing to carry them. Everything else is just an excuse to wallow in self pity and live out martyrdom for ten more generations. A self imposed caste system, beggars bowls in hand trolling around for sympathy. Somehow, successful dignified blacks are a freak of nature in their minds. Must be an "Oreo" they say? Would it surprise y'all to know every time I've heard that sentiment I've heard blacks confessing a belief that defines black identity as hostile, insecure, and belligerent (antithesis of desirable 'white' traits like dignity)? How sick is that?!!! You're prejudiced against yourselves!!!

I will support and defend my fellow Americans rights no matter what color they are or what state they're from, not pick and choose colors. Arlington cemetery segregation has been abolished since executive order 9981 in 1948. Blood is blood, and sacrifices made for our country are colorless. No fireman in America asks if that's a black home or if hindu's live there before he commences to do his job or he won't have a job. Call 911 with an emergency, they're there for everyone. Show me the town in America acting otherwise, I would call them unamerican.

Discrimination, including reverse discrimination some see fit to carry on with, is unamerican. I rarely agree with mossomo, huck I agree with often, and sometimes liberal voice-- they should forgive the offense but never forget is my vote, because they're obliged to be vigilant not just for blacks, but for any and all who would be subject to such horrific treatment. This means the black community does have an obligation to stand up for gays, women, and even the white guy getting his rights trampled on. Separate yourself from that constitutional obligation and our nation is lost.

My ancestors came off the boat after the fact of slavery. No ancestor of mine has ever participated or benefited from that arrangement. I owe nothing more than defense of rights as a fellow American present tense (if you mean to be one). If you mean to abuse the rights of others, deny your own rights, or live out your polarized delusion that I've spent my life plotting against you, you're certifiably nuts. When you conduct yourself in a way that defines being black as obnoxious, entitled, or generally inconsiderate of others endemic of youth nowadays, you've done a huge disservice to your race, but I guess it's been vital to perpetuate the mythology of universal enmity. Hate groups fuel the scope and breadth of ignorant nonsense desperately trying to justify it's own existence (at the expense of America itself), and it's not limited to the usual suspect of KKK. If you're not willing to defend/ respect/ uphold the rights of others, you aren't willing to be American anymore than KKK.

If I shun you it's not because you're black, it's because of all of the above. I wouldn't want to associate with any color or creed of people acting that way. Hateful people aren't welcome in my home, and putting forth an effort to be courteous or respectful has nothing to do with how much money is in your pocket or pedigree. This is and has always been strictly about character. Equality means if I don't like flaky air headed people, I still won't like you if you're black and flaky/ air headed. I see you punching at ghosts for decades, but if they're landing on innocent bystanders present tense, you're going to jail just the same. No excuses. No exceptions. The same evenhanded justice will happen from me when it's a white man punching at ghosts.

So, black America, how many white Americans have serious doubts they'd see the same evenhandedness offered to Reginald Deny? That's how many Americans are seeing evidence of racism coming from blacks and being accused of racism when they express a vote of no confidence. Yes, there is a % of them that are accusing you of what they do themselves, but that's not the majority of the nation. How many blacks consider themselves not responsible for their public relations in everyday living because of a long ago history? There it is plain as day. Might leap up and bite everyone trying to deny it any longer.

Teaching your children to fear/ distrust white people... how's that working out for you? Momma on the playground spiriting your little girl away from me because your little girl decided to show off her toy to me? Space on that park bench was there- you could have easily sat down and talked to me to figure out who I was instead of letting the fear in your eyes take over your brain. I only saw a sweet gregarious little girl and she saw a happy face. What did you see? Whatever it was, it had nothing to do with me, and your little girls instincts were correct if your ego will allow you to believe it. Going to teach her to fear her white teacher at school as well? People are people are people, except you? Please do explain how that's any different than the fearful wingnut spiriting their white kid away because a black kid is playing with the rest? Long past time adults grow the hell up and not be their child's biggest handicap in life. You can hear me now or hear it from your own kid 20 yrs from now. I'm hearing 20 somethings present tense on both sides tell their parents to get over themselves. Won't you please?

The day American blacks can acknowledge the sheer degree of abuses, enslavement, and depths of inhumanity that's occurred in EVERY culture to EVERYONE else throughout known history is the day we'll all be on the same page. The full realization of mutual empathy- the bigger picture transcending time/ boundaries/ cultural philosophies. Until that happens, they're living in their own little world in their heads. Quite literally, some aren't 'all there'. They've got to be willing to wake up from this spell of persecution complex and own their lives.

I could recite this same speech to natives of Ireland besot with alcoholism plaguing their culture for how long? My heritage IS partly Irish, my ancestors DIVORCED the dysfunction of Ireland, and Irish folks don't fall to pieces, drum a warpath, presume the world forsakes them, or put their head in an oven because their culture is criticized. They're more likely to invite me out for a beer to discuss the national problem of alcoholism, which is the reason why they'll never be rid of it because they're invested in avoidance. Pour peroxide on your hand, it will only sting if a real problem is present, in which case it's helped you immensely to identify a problem and heal (because you allowed it!). Ireland will not allow it, and neither will a % of blacks (and whites). The rest of us unwilling to play into this drama are supposed to feel sorry for either of you?

I find it bizarre that blacks backlashed as if Bill Cosby were a traitor to his race, went as far as characterizing him as a throwback /has-been over his critique. They'd rather spend their time discrediting a man who earned everything ($$, accolades, prestige, academics- ALL of it!) his whole life than take to heart his wish for you to thrive. You hear whites 'taunting' you with black on black violence statistics. You cannot hear their sorrow and disappointment in seeing a failure to thrive. That's all in your head, a script you've played far too long.

This is 'the state of the black union', separate and apart from the rest of America. Some of you have been wandering around without a country and call it freedom, but I refuse to accept responsibility for the pollution you've generated in your own head in the same spirit I've encouraged blacks to not lend credence to unqualified opinions from yahoos. Some folks in this world don't mean to get along and will never 'belong' anywhere. There is no help known to man for those unwilling to help themselves so forget the insane notion that anyone is able to gift it to you in a box willingly. Self respect and self love cannot be bought or gifted to any human being. That's all on you now and forever. Anything I've said in this blog hurts your ears, look deeper into why. Be strong. Be well.

Many have been schooling your fellow Americans for the past 40+ yrs that nothing is ever enough. Logically we all might as well quit trying to rid black Americans of self imposed chains, correct? At some point in the future successful well adjusted blacks who do embrace their citizenship fully are going to confront the ongoing drain in the black community, unwilling to bite their tongues or turn their eyes away. If you still aren't willing to listen, still clinging to oreo excuses, you'll have no one but yourselves to blame for the life you've squandered. That same sad fate awaits KKK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies