Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
Yes, they should completely forgive 142 37.97%
They should forgive but dont forget 183 48.93%
No, they shouldnt forgive America 49 13.10%
Voters: 374. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 12:56 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Again with folks being full of themselves.

No one hates you...get over it!! You're not worth the emotion of hate. You're just an ordinary mustache trying to get by just like everyone else. When a black person sees you, they don't wonder about ANYTHING!! You're nameless and faceless. They don't give you a second thought.

No one is accusing you of being guilty of anything so get over yourself. We don't care about you OR your inconsequential history.

If a black person is stewing over something, it sure as hell aint about anything YOU did.

Damn...do people always go around being this narcissistic?
I don't know what fantasy land you live in, lol. You are actually denying that there are many voices out there who do hold whites collectively responsible for past injustices.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-02-2012 at 05:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 01:02 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I know you're Black, ChocLot, but you still can't speak for all Black people. I know some Black people that do think about white oppression all the time. I also know a lot who don't. People are different. Some white people obsess about Black issues. Some Black people obsess about white issues. Most Black and White people don't obsess about other races.
In other words, some people need something to obsess over and think about all the time, and chose to obsess about some other race. Others pick other subjects to obsess about that may be completely non political. So the racial obsessors are a subset of the obsessors more than a political issue.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:45 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
i could be wrong but i think the white guilt pond is drying up.
it has watered a whole lota brothers wallet and love life but not forever
u cant forgive someone for something they did not do.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:49 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times
never....has america forgiven
blacks for being black?

Old 04-02-2012, 10:50 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i could be wrong but i think the white guilt pond is drying up.
it has watered a whole lota brothers wallet and love life but not forever
u cant forgive someone for something they did not do.
White folks have never felt guilty about a damn thing so there was no pond to begin with.

And nevermind our wallets....you'd do well by trying to water your own.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Agreed. Outside of extremists, I can't imagine a black person going around wondering this about white people. I have yet to meet one person who does this.

It's very interesting to me that some white people think black people think about them, when it is the furthest thing from the truth. I'm starting to believe it's because they think of us so much.
EXACTLY!!! It's the opposite of what they think. Buncha damn narcissists. We don't think about them. Look around and see how many threads are started by black folks asking some dumbass question about white people, slavery, or anything else that makes no damn sense.

It's them (they know who they are) that can't get us out of their heads, not the other way around. Black folks aint thinking about these folks, but they want to believe it in order to put themselves on a pedestal.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:54 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Sorry, since I am not an African American, I am not qualified to answer.

None of my ancestors were bought and sold like cattle.
None of my ancestors were not allowed to sit at the same lunch counter with white people.
None of my ancestors were lynched because they tried to register to vote.

Sorry.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:55 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times
racists are obsessed with other races......pretty much.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
I don't know what fantasy land you live in, lol. You are actually denying that there are many voices out there who do hold whites collectively responsible for past injustices.
Really? Who are these voices? Give me their addresses so i can meet 'em.

Again, get over yourself. No one is holding you responsible for past injustices. No one is paying you any attention.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:02 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
White folks have never felt guilty about a damn thing so there was no pond to begin with.

And nevermind our wallets....you'd do well by trying to water your own.
its hard to never mind the EEOC incompetent superstar who spends his time at the coffee machine hustling the pretty blonds all day, while we do his work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies