Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
Yes, they should completely forgive 142 37.97%
They should forgive but dont forget 183 48.93%
No, they shouldnt forgive America 49 13.10%
Voters: 374. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 01:13 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times

Advertisements

Should the Jews forgive the Egyptians for enslaving them?

Should the Slavs forgive the Turks?

Nobody is alive today that endured slavery.

I doubt there are very many who can even name their ancestor who was a slave.

Get on with life sheesh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 01:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
They only give a crap if it means getting something for it.

There's that small 15% minority of unforgiving donks.
Getting what exactly? What do black you expect to get for caring about slavery?

I'm puzzled. I studied slavery in school. Didn't know i was supposed to expect something besides a grade.

Since you know blacks better than i do, maybe you can tell me what stuff was available that i missed out on.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:39 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
he got game? meaning rip off is ok if u can get away with it?
Dude... if you're doing someone else's work that they're getting paid for doing, then you're a dope. Plain and simple. What he/she is getting away with is your issue, not mine.

I work with incompetent people too (mostly white), and i don't do their work for them because i'm not a fool or a clown.

So if this guy is running game on you, blame yourself for falling for it.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:40 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
^ i think she meant they continue
to remind us of the holocaust every
chance they get.

When they said never again, they meant it.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:54 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Should the Jews forgive the Egyptians for enslaving them?

Should the Slavs forgive the Turks?

Nobody is alive today that endured slavery.

I doubt there are very many who can even name their ancestor who was a slave.

Get on with life sheesh...

Most black people I know know the name of an ancestor of theirs who was a slave, just wanted to point that out. I know many names of my ancestors who were slaves, actually there are more of them than I know of my alive family members now, but I am a minor genealogist and have traced my family to the early 18th century and hope to go further back when I get back into it.

But on topic (even though it is an old thread) I really don't have an misgivings to anyone about slavery in and of itself. My issue is with the continued negative perceptions of black people and the stereotypes and prejudices that black people, and especially black men face in our society. These are a direct result of slavery in America, but they are a seperate entity. And even with my particular dislike about these characteristics of our society, I don't think there is any sort of communal "forgiving" necessary. It is what it is and we will continue to move on like we always have.

Also wanted to add that it is funny to me that people say "get over it." We have gotten over it, we are still alive and in this country, but that doesn't mean that we should never speak of it and look at our country's past with reverence just because we are moving on. We should all learn from it, all people, not just black people, and admit our misgivings - such as the prejudices we have and the stereotypes we place on each other and realize that black people will never be looked upon collectively by our society as the majority being positive, non-criminals, decent people. I accept that because I cannot change other people's attitudes and opinions. And I believe most black people accept this just like we accept the fact that our long ago ancestors were slaves and accept the fact that even with all the up hill climbing our recent ancestors and ourselves have made, we still will be viewed collectively as a negative aspect of society.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:03 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,300,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
its hard to never mind the EEOC incompetent superstar who spends his time at the coffee machine hustling the pretty blonds all day, while we do his work.
Or the dumb frat boy that only got hired because his daddy knows one of the V.P's at his company.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:31 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
maybe after white people become slaves
and lose more than half their continental
population to extermination again lol...

....smh that question was an insult.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:38 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,791 times
No, it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
But on topic (even though it is an old thread) I really don't have an misgivings to anyone about slavery in and of itself. My issue is with the continued negative perceptions of black people and the stereotypes and prejudices that black people, and especially black men face in our society. These are a direct result of slavery in America, but they are a seperate entity. And even with my particular dislike about these characteristics of our society, I don't think there is any sort of communal "forgiving" necessary. It is what it is and we will continue to move on like we always have.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:58 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
Since your the bunch who whine and b!ttcchh about everything here in america, why dont you get the hell out of America?

Everyone else is trying to get along without trying to resort to hate groups and arm militias since Obama became president.
You are obviously the one who needs a one way ticket out.....although you are far enough in the land of fruits and nuts ca.

You are also the one whom seems full of resentment and anger....there are treatments that can help you with that.

And FYI I am not "whining" about anything. But those whom are still whining about slavery need to get a life!

Old 04-02-2012, 03:00 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
^ oh you're whining but you
could maybe use a little
crying too.

lol..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies