Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 05:09 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,143 times

Advertisements

more blah, blah rhetoric.....

For people who do not believe in GOD they sure spend a tremendous amount of time trying to get them out of sight. They need to work on their own issues and not worry about a battle they will not win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 05:11 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm torn on this issue. Its clear that the "ten commandments" are part of religious laws. However, its clear that they are also in line with many of the laws that we hold true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Honestly, how many people see the 10 commandments before they go to court? I'd like to see a picture of them, that might help me make the decision. If its just a small part of the structure, no biggy. If it were a huge massive looming thing, yeah, I'd probably say remove it.
Why? Does the possibility that God actually exists scare you? That's what bothers these people.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:20 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Ever read the Constitution?

Tell us how WELL the "My God is better than your God" crap has worked out in history if you really want to talk about needless killing.
Yes I have. Have you? Have you ever read the Declaration of Independence? Do you understand either of these Founding Documents?

Have you ever read the Northwest Ordinance, another of our Founding Documents?
Quote:
Art. 3. Religion, morality, and knowledge, being necessary to good government and the happiness of mankind, schools and the means of education shall forever be encouraged.
As to this:
Quote:
Tell us how WELL the "My God is better than your God" crap has worked out in history if you really want to talk about needless killing.
Let's just pretend for a minute that no man had ever heard of "God", and there was no "religion" in the world. Do you think for a minute that there would be no wars and killing? If you do, you are immensely naive. But some actually believe that with out any religion, the world would be some kind of utopia.

How foolish.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 10-07-2009 at 05:28 AM..

Old 10-07-2009, 05:20 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Why? Does the possibility that God actually exists scare you? That's what bothers these people.

There are more than 5,000 names for God in recorded history. What bothers rational people is some mere mortal, with NO way of knowing for sure, claiming ONLY their own personal God is the TRUE one.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:23 AM

Quote:
There are more than 5,000 names for God in recorded history. What bothers rational people is some mere mortal, with NO way of knowing for sure, claiming ONLY their own personal God is the TRUE one.

I am rational and know full well that my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is REAL!!!!

My name can also be translated into MANY different names as well, depending on the language it is spoken in.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Yes I have. Have you? Have you ever read the Declaration of Independence? Do you understand either of these Founding Documents?

Have you ever read the Northwest Ordinance, another of our Founding Documents?

Freedom of religion, also held to mean freedom from religion is the one that counts.

Religion is a creation of man, it's fact that some men lie cheat and steal to better themselves, leaving relgion open to all of man's flaws. It's unnecessary to conform to someone else's ideas to believe in God

Old 10-07-2009, 05:25 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
Another Uptighty-Righty unfamiliar with the Constitution are ya?

I think that if you are going to apply this to the seperation of church and state, then you should also interpret our founding fathers teachings the correct way towards all of our 1st 10 Amendments.

dont just apply it just for one, apply it towards all of the original amendments.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I think that if you are going to apply this to the seperation of church and state, then you should also interpret our founding fathers teachings the correct way towards all of our 1st 10 Amendments.

dont just apply it just for one, apply it towards all of the original amendments.

When have I not?

Old 10-07-2009, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Freedom of religion, also held to mean freedom from religion is the one that counts.

Religion is a creation of man, it's fact that some men lie cheat and steal to better themselves, leaving relgion open to all of man's flaws. It's unnecessary to conform to someone else's ideas to believe in God

No one is forcing anyone to conform to anything. But this is in fact a Nation created on Christian principle(s). People need to stop wasting time trying to alter the original meaning and intents of the founding fathers to accommodate their agendas of today, it just isn't working.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
I am rational and know full well that my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is REAL!!!!

My name can also be translated into MANY different names as well, depending on the language it is spoken in.

So, all the mortals who trod the earth BCE are SOL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies