Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 02:10 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,816,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
You can't stop spinning, can you?

NO, it wasn't a debate, it wasn't meant to be a debate, the doctors weren't invited to give their points of view. They were invited because they're point of view was known. They were invited to go and show support for the President's point of view.

HOW DO YOU NOT GET THAT??????
They were invited for a photo op to try and promote the Gov policy.

wow that sounds like being a lobbyist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
When have you ever seen the President debate someone outside of presidential elections?

And what about this not being a debate makes it nontransparent?
How are you being transparent when you only show one side of an issue? The side that you want to show. To be transparent you have to show all sides and you can do that because your policy is strong enough.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:15 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,412,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

You really have no clue, do you? Obviously you don't understand what a lobbyist is. There is no way to discuss this with you if you don't at least know the language.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:23 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,288,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
It is what they did not say but implied in their statements that, to me, is disingenuous to say the least. The implication was that these were just doctors gathered together at the spur of the moment when it was anything but.

I don't have a problem with staged political events, as long as they are clearly labled as such and not a popular uprising.
The story I heard on the Denver NPR station, was that this Denver doc was invited to the WH. Of course these docs didn't just all gather at the spur of the moment. There certainly was no intent to deceive in the story I heard. I don't know where you're getting any information otherwise.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:33 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,040,736 times
Quote:
It is what they did not say but implied in their statements that, to me, is disingenuous to say the least. The implication was that these were just doctors gathered together at the spur of the moment when it was anything but.

I don't have a problem with staged political events, as long as they are clearly labled as such and not a popular uprising.
Oh yeah 30-40 docs just happened to all decide to fly to Washington and have lunch at the Old Ebbitt Grill on the same day. One says, "Hey, as long as we're all here, why don't we all walk over to Barack's house. We could give him some advice on health care." The rest is history.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:41 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,412,167 times
Quote:
How are you being transparent when you only show one side of an issue? The side that you want to show. To be transparent you have to show all sides and you can do that because your policy is strong enough.
I see you don't grasp the concept of "transparent" either.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:46 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,203,147 times
Quote:
You really have no clue, do you? Obviously you don't understand what a lobbyist is. There is no way to discuss this with you if you don't at least know the language.
She has no clue whatsoever.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:46 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,042,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the the white house is now a lobbiest.

I thought obamy said not lobbying in his admin???... Oh I forget, what he says and what he does are not the same
Quote:

Old 10-07-2009, 04:59 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,226,263 times
Quote:
To me it was indeed a staged event. Only specific doctors, those who proclaim support for the program were invited. Then they were decked out in their lab coats for the photo op. No opposition was to be tolerated. In a spontaneous event, they would not all be dressed the same and probably there would be some who disagree on the subject presented.

A typical PR stunt that got caught.
Mission accomplished!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFijzDyJnVE

Old 10-08-2009, 06:22 AM

Quote:
I see you don't grasp the concept of "transparent" either.
Since when does transparent show only one side of an issue? Why doesnt Obama show us the info he has even if it goes against what he wants? Now that would be transparent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies