Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Dems: Are you "Scared" ?
Yes, I am completely scared of the likes of Palin, Beck, Rush etc 3 21.43%
Of course I'm not, the notion is absurd 4 28.57%
I am scared of their ability to misguide people on such a large scale, it's dangerous 7 50.00%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 12:41 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,470,127 times

Advertisements

The GOP are constantly claiming that liberals are "Scared" of Palin or "Scared" of Beck etc. I guess that begs the question: Are you scared of them or any other representative of the GOP? Talking head or other?

(Keep in mind that you will be able to see who votes in this poll.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 12:45 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Hmmm even the poll was too scared to show up.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:47 AM

3,018 posts, read 3,567,892 times
Hell yeah I'm scared!
Those people are nutty like Peanut Butter...and they have armed followers.

Sometimes fear is the appropriate response.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:52 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
The only GOP that scare me are the moderate ones that cooperate in a bipartisan fashion with Democrats. Thankfully there are not many of these left.

Independents and liberals don't know the harm they do when they vote for a moderate GOP candidate.

He or she very well might vote the right way, but the real damage is in the fact that they caucus with the GOP who's leadership who is 100% obstructionist and far right.

With the balance of power so close, a vote for these GOP moderates installs radical leadership in the Senate. ( And it's in the leadership where the real power lies)

Old 01-12-2010, 12:56 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,076,346 times
Scared? I actually entertain the thought of one if not both running in 2012. Talk about a landslide re-election and the GOP fading further into oblivion.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:51 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
I wish I could have chosen both options "B" and "C".

I have absolutely zero fear of Palin winning the presidential election. The exact same people (moderates and independents) you need to secure victory will run fleeing from any ticket that has Palin on it, just like they did last time. Also, you'll see Hilary and here feminists come out absolutely full bore against Palin and Palin will likely be left in a smoldering heap when they're through with her.

Glenn Beck scares me in a sense that I think it's only a matter of time before one of his brain dead zombie listeners does something stupid in his name. A case of domestic terrorism brought on by that crowd would not at all surprise me.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:55 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,076,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I wish I could have chosen both options "B" and "C".

I have absolutely zero fear of Palin winning the presidential election. The exact same people (moderates and independents) you need to secure victory will run fleeing from any ticket that has Palin on it, just like they did last time. Also, you'll see Hilary and here feminists come out absolutely full bore against Palin and Palin will likely be left in a smoldering heap when they're through with her.

Glenn Beck scares me in a sense that I think it's only a matter of time before one of his brain dead zombie listeners does something stupid in his name. A case of domestic terrorism brought on by that crowd would not at all surprise me.
Funny, I've been saying that to myself for a while not thinking anyone else shared that view. I wouldn't put it past him and his minions to try and start another Civil War if Obama wins re-election.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:19 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Funny, I've been saying that to myself for a while not thinking anyone else shared that view. I wouldn't put it past him and his minions to try and start another Civil War if Obama wins re-election.
We may not even have to wait until he wins re-election. I am honestly worried that one of his zombies will go Timothy McVeigh on us.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:27 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
We may not even have to wait until he wins re-election. I am honestly worried that one of his zombies will go Timothy McVeigh on us.

Y'all are not the only ones who expect the deliberate hate campaign directed at Obama to ultimately cause some knucklehead to take it upon himself to "save" America.

Between the solicitous pandering of people like Beck and Lou Dobbs, the un-relenting flood of dishonest, hate Obama e-mails directed at the simple-minded (the originators of which mostly hide behind proxy servers), the perpetual "crisis" mode of the Fox News brand of yellow journalism, the sensationalist claims of so-called commentators from the right and the politics of fear, fraud and lying as practiced by the GOP, one can't help but begin to wonder if that's not exactly what they'd like to see happen.

It all has the appearance of being directed for a purpose by someone because the same talking points show up in all those venues, repeatedly. What is that purpose? Political advantage or something more sinister? Are they really waiting for something violent to happen so one of their minions can ride out like the White Knight and "rescue" America from the crisis they created?

Old 01-12-2010, 05:31 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,633,251 times
Yes I am worried ( rather than scared) that a half-wit with the intellect of mouldy piece of cheese like Palin still seems to attract people who are obviously blind to her ridiculous brand of politics. The woman is a moron , but some voters obviously could not care less. I simply cannot understand how anyone with more than a couple of brain cells could have even the slightest interest in that woman as a serious politician.

On the other hand I suppose she will also put off a hell of a lot of people and the Republicans might end up shooting themselves in the foot if she does try to further her political career in the party. She could prove a liability yet again...

I would like to believe she could never, ever make it to the White House , but then again people voted for Bush. Twice. So quite frankly I think everything is possible. Extremely remote possibility perhaps but there nonetheless.

I can't comment about Glen Beck as we don't hear much about him in the UK.

It is never a good idea to be complacent when matters of such importance are concerned. Never assume anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies