Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 06:01 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
This is so very true. It's now us against us instead of us against them with them being Corporate America.

I think that's how "they' want it though and keep pushing for this political divide among people. It's gotten very polarized since January.

Realistically, it's been this way for a long time. Decades.

It has been getting worse and worse over the last eight years, though.

Bush and Cheney's admimistration worked diligently to create division.....polariztion. And many swallowed the bait.....hook, line and sinker.

Many continue to chop on that very same bait.

Let's face it, sadly, there are too many americans who simply aren't very smart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 06:18 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
This wasn't made up. It actually happened.

While conservative talk radio feasts on this morsel of red meat, the rest of us realize there are uneducated and ignorant people on all sides of the aisle who don't know how government works.

So be it. Fortunately, the money is only going to a few thousand who would go homeless without temporary support in the form of direct payments for basic shelter bills and who will most likely be able to get themselves back on their feet soon after.

I highly doubt the interviewee will be getting any money.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
This wasn't made up. It actually happened.

While conservative talk radio feasts on this morsel of red meat, the rest of us realize there are uneducated and ignorant people on all sides of the aisle who don't know how government works.

So be it. Fortunately, the money is only going to a few thousand who would go homeless without temporary support and who will most likely be able to get themselves back on their feet soon after.

I highly doubt the interviewee will be getting any money.
You see, these are the very people that any party wants to win over.
No thought process..swayed by promises with no concern as to the long term effects. The poster child for "sheeple".

Old 10-13-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
You see, these are the very people that any party wants to win over.
No thought process..swayed by promises with no concern as to the long term effects. The poster child for "sheeple".
Are you saying I'm a sheeple or the people in line for the money?

Old 10-13-2009, 06:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Are you saying I'm a sheeple or the people in line for the money?
Sorry Bluefly..I meant the type of people as shown by the OP's post..the people in line who think they are getting free money because of Obama.
I modified my reply to your post and bolded the sentence I was commenting on.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Sorry Bluefly..I meant the type of people as shown by the OP's post..the people in line who think they are getting free money because of Obama.
I modified my reply to your post and bolded the sentence I was commenting on.
I figured. Just wasn't sure.

I believe conservatives have a very strong argument that a large segment of the urban population has been weened on government handouts over multiple generations to the point that they expect it and seem to have lost the ability to avoid it.

It's really sad and, dare I say, immoral to deny people the ability to fend for themselves. I've worked quite a bit in inner cities and the level of entitlement is astounding. It's even afflicted a lot of hard working, normal people with bright futures. Not everyone, though. A lot of good people fighting the good fight.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:19 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Ladies & Gentlemen...behold Obama's future America...GOD HELP US...

Detroit News reporter Ken Rogulski interviewing one of the people in line for stimulus cash

ClickOnDetroit.com

ROGULSKI: Did you get an application to fill out yet?

WOMAN: I sure did. And I filled it out, and I am waiting to see what the results are going to be.

ROGULSKI: Will you know today how much money you're getting?

WOMAN: No, I won't, but I'm waiting for a phone call.

ROGULSKI: Where's the money coming from?

WOMAN: I believe it's coming from the City of Detroit or the state.

ROGULSKI: Where did they get it from?

WOMAN: Some funds that was forgiven (sic) by Obama.

ROGULSKI: And where did Obama get the funds?

WOMAN: Obama getting the funds from... Ummm, I have no idea, to tell you the truth. He's the president.

ROGULSKI: In downtown Detroit, Ken Rogulski, WJR New
Well done Tony.

You've actually managed to dig up someone who is almost as inarticulate as you are.

I doff my cap to you.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:37 AM

1,436 posts, read 3,301,450 times
Quote:
I figured. Just wasn't sure.

I believe conservatives have a very strong argument that a large segment of the urban population has been weened on government handouts over multiple generations to the point that they expect it and seem to have lost the ability to avoid it.

It's really sad and, dare I say, immoral to deny people the ability to fend for themselves. I've worked quite a bit in inner cities and the level of entitlement is astounding. It's even afflicted a lot of hard working, normal people with bright futures. Not everyone, though. A lot of good people fighting the good fight.
You acknowledge a very important point. MANY, including myself, call this stripping away of liberty and slavery ! And too many support it.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:11 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
This is how it goes:

1. quote dumb people
2. blame obama...because there were never dumb people before he got elected
3. flee to the comfort and security of Mr Limbaugh
This post just showed you have more common sense and political savy than half the trolls on this board!!

Old 10-14-2009, 09:25 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Ladies & Gentlemen...behold Obama's future America...GOD HELP US...

Detroit News reporter Ken Rogulski interviewing one of the people in line for stimulus cash

ClickOnDetroit.com

ROGULSKI: Did you get an application to fill out yet?

WOMAN: I sure did. And I filled it out, and I am waiting to see what the results are going to be.

ROGULSKI: Will you know today how much money you're getting?

WOMAN: No, I won't, but I'm waiting for a phone call.

ROGULSKI: Where's the money coming from?

WOMAN: I believe it's coming from the City of Detroit or the state.

ROGULSKI: Where did they get it from?

WOMAN: Some funds that was forgiven (sic) by Obama.

ROGULSKI: And where did Obama get the funds?

WOMAN: Obama getting the funds from... Ummm, I have no idea, to tell you the truth. He's the president.

ROGULSKI: In downtown Detroit, Ken Rogulski, WJR New
Is the punchline on another thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies