Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 04:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

I will add:

My grandmother, b. 1891, lost several siblings to a diphtheria epidemic. She was old enough to watch them die an agonizing death. Her mother, my great-grandmother, was pregnant at the time and had a stillborn.

My own two kids were very sick with chickenpox, which they got shortly before the vaccine was licensed in the US. (It had been licensed in Japan for years, and I kept hoping they wouldn't get it before it was licensed here.) A child died in Denver from chickenpox, right around the time the vaccine was licensed, which really encouraged doctors to recommend it and parents to get it for their children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 04:35 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I always drink too much coffee.
There's no such thing as too much coffee.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:14 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,452 times
Quote:
I read. Spanish Flu was an H1N1 variant.
Incidentally, my two cousins - farmer girls of 14 and 17 with iron constitutions - just spent a couple of weeks with H1N1 and pneumonia.
The "iron constitution" is not a good argument. Illness doesn't prey on people because illness serves a unique and ultimately personal purpose. If you are sick, it's YOUR sickness. Do people not ask themselves why they have their sickness or do they just think they are random victims in a meaningless world?

Quote:
The same motivation as those who made my climbing rope: They want to make a buck from me improving my odds.
So those seeking profits have unquestionably good intentions? No need to research how pharmaceutical companies will coerce the medical establishment to create diseases out of thin air to justify their products? No need to give any thought to how the population is manipulated to believe a manmade product is more powerful than the body's natural ability to heal itself?

Quote:
You should make up your mind. Is it a placebo or "dangerous crap"? The "electronic implant" is ridiculous.
How can you verify what is in YOUR vaccine? How do you know what's there and what's not there? Why would the introduction of toxic substances make sense in a healing process? Again, this goes to the intentions of the profit-makers, something you apparently don't question.

Quote:
Funny. Our bodies and the flu virus have spent hundreds of thousands of years in an arms race, and sometimes the flu virus wins.

The human body is not perfect. A few milligrams of tetanus toxin will kill you in wracking spasms. The Spanish Flu killed young, healthy men for preference - some went from feeling fine in the morning to dead at sundown.
We are not at war with disease, because that implies that it's all impersonal. Disease will never be conquered because it serves a unique purpose for each individual. I guess most people don't understand the power of belief when it comes to their bodies and their health. Society seems to think that religious faith is acceptable despite its incongruence with known facts, but to have faith in yourself, your actual physical being, is not even considered. Instead, it's grab the drugs and put the needle in!

Did you know the military has done experiments on people where they were hypnotized and told them that the pool they will be swimming in is warm water, when all the while the pool was acid? The people were unharmed because of the power of the mind. Himalayan monks can take wet towels on their bare bodies in subzero cold and produce enough heat to dry them in short order. What we have been spoon-fed about the power of our bodies only serves the interests of those that profit on our illnesses. For example, the AMA's purpose is to protect the business interests of the medical establishment, not to provide the public with good information.

I just wish people understood how they are being duped, just as in politics and religion. But that's fodder for many other threads... Check out The Body Electric: Electromagnetism and the Foundation of Life or The Holographic Universe, two books which I highly suggest to all.

Last edited by mhouse2001; 10-10-2009 at 05:34 PM..

Old 10-10-2009, 05:36 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
mhouse, somehow I think that when you get sick, you may feel differently about all this.

Quote:
Did you know the military has done experiments on people where they were hypnotized and told them that the pool they will be swimming in is warm water, when all the while the pool was acid?
Do you have a link for this, or are we just supposed to believe that this was some super-secret experiment that was never written up, but transmitted by word of mouth? In that case, who told you?

Old 10-10-2009, 06:38 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
If you are sick, it's YOUR sickness. Do people not ask themselves why they have their sickness or do they just think they are random victims in a meaningless world?
Is that where this is coming from? The universe has a special message for me, making my suffering an event on a cosmic scale. Not so. The universe doesn't care, sorry.

Quote:
So those seeking profits have unquestionably good intentions?
Not necessarily, but thir motives and mine can overlap.

Quote:
No need to give any thought to how the population is manipulated to believe a manmade product is more powerful than the body's natural ability to heal itself?
Dozens of manmade products are considerably more powerful than "the body's natural ability to heal itself". Tetanus shots fight lockjaw better than the human body, simple as that. (Actually, tetanus shots helps along your body's natural abilities.)

Quote:
How can you verify what is in YOUR vaccine?
I can't, no more than I can verify what's actually in the milk I pour on my cereal. So I either purchase a gas chromatograph and check the breakdown on every substance I allow to enter my body, or I pay people through my taxes to check for me. Works better than croaking from smallpox.

Quote:
We are not at war with disease, because that implies that it's all impersonal.
It's less personal than war. Your cells are a snack for flu vira, who seek to replicate themselves. It's no more personal than an earthquake or a tsunami.

Quote:
Did you know the military has done experiments on people where they were hypnotized and told them that the pool they will be swimming in is warm water, when all the while the pool was acid? The people were unharmed because of the power of the mind.
I doubt that's true.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:40 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
We are not at war with disease, because that implies that it's all impersonal. Disease will never be conquered because it serves a unique purpose for each individual. I guess most people don't understand the power of belief when it comes to their bodies and their health. Society seems to think that religious faith is acceptable despite its incongruence with known facts, but to have faith in yourself, your actual physical being, is not even considered. Instead, it's grab the drugs and put the needle in!
So are you one of those "mind over matter" people who think if you just BELIEVE that you aren't sick.. then you're not? Humankind ain't perfect. Our bodies sure as hell aren't. There is no "natural perfection" just because you want there to be. We are fragile, we are not the strongest things on the planet, we come out of the factory with all sorts of imperfections and things that are going to break before they ought. And yes, we are at war with disease. We have been since day 1 and YOU wouldn't be here if we didn't fight back.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:43 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
It's not surprising to see this type of thread here. This forum is full of conspiracy theorists.

And I love how people say, "I got the flu from the flu shot." Yeah, right. It's a dead virus. It is impossible to get the flu from a flu vaccination.

Educate yourselves, people.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:44 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's not surprising to see this type of thread here. This forum is full of conspiracy theorists.

And I love how people say, "I got the flu from the flu shot." Yeah, right. It's a dead virus. It is impossible to get the flu from a flu vaccination.

They're referring to the snorters.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:45 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

The law of averages says that a certain number of people will get the flu right around the time they get the flu shot. What they can't know is that they would have got the flu anyway.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:46 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
The nasal influenza sprays contain live virus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies