Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 06:55 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times

Advertisements

I think the Saudi Intelligence service was well aware of what was going on and their failure to inform us was enemy action. I apply the same to the Israeli intelligence system. They knew but did not tell us. This was also enemy action.

The failure of our CIA to be aware of the plot was completely indefensible incompetance. If the CIA knew and withheld the information from the administration for political reasons was treason and the responsible people should be investigated and prosecuted as needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 08:52 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
The whole truther thing goes hand-in-hand with Bush Derangement Syndrome. IMO if Gore had been president there never would have been a truther movement.
Of course there would've--it just would've been a mirror image on the right side of the spectrum. Look at some of the "Obama wants to annihilate America and all Western Civilization" threads to get a flavor of it.

(In point of fact, there are both right-wing and left-wing truthers.)

Old 10-09-2009, 09:20 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Honesty;I thnik there are the dummies with a boring life . Then I thnik there are those with warped politcal motives and then those that profit from books and such.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:29 AM

745 posts, read 1,438,472 times
Quote:
Is believeing 9/11 was an inside job a mental disorder?
Ha ha... great question.

I see a lot of "evidence" on the 9/11 Truther posts of how the cell phone technology (of being able to call someone up from a plane) did not exist in Sep 2001. I am no tech buff.... but certainly proving this theory wrong would punch some gaping holes in the Truther argument.

I think some folks are just intrigued by Conspiracy theories. The JFK assassination DEFINITELY has a ton of unanswered questions. I personally think there is something fishy with this whole Swine Flu "panic". The 9/11 one though is a bit too far out for me.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:33 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
In order to drum up support for invading Iraq, something horrific had to happen. Bush didn't have support for that prior to 911. Am I saying that Bush caused 911 ? No, he's too dumb.

But an "inside job" doesn't have to come from inside the White House. I find it impossible to believe that the jets were flown with such precision by pilots who were the laughingstock at flight school. I wonder how many people could fly an actual jet into the Pentagon ? you know, average schmoes with short stints on flight simulators. Fly it into the emptiest part of the Pentagon, not the "big wigs" area. Bushy boy got his war, and had many more than 3 thousand lives obliterated. Iraqis didn't cause 911. Still, many people didn't care about that detail. They just wanted to see the shock and awe on TV.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:35 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
I know that there are a lot of conspiracies out there but if someone actually believes 9/11 was an inside job, is this a mental disorder?

It seems to me that these folks live completely detached from reality and don't have the ability of logical deduction. Would this qualify for a mental disorder?
Is Partisan Loyalty in the face of decades of destruction to this country, a mental disorder?

Are religious beliefs a mental disorder? Especially those who support Religious beliefs being integrated with politics, laws and military?

Is teabagging a menatl disorder?

Is believing in and supporting Sarah Palin a mental disorder? This one I can answer for you. Most certainly it is. Absolutely.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:39 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Let's do this the simplistic American way...there are only two kinds of people in America; the Right Wing, and those with mental deficiencies.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:52 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,195 times
Quote:
I know that there are a lot of conspiracies out there but if someone actually believes 9/11 was an inside job, is this a mental disorder?

It seems to me that these folks live completely detached from reality and don't have the ability of logical deduction. Would this qualify for a mental disorder?
I think that being a sheep is closer to a mental disorder than not believing everything that is told to you lock, stock, and barrel. Using your brain and critical thinking and coming up with your own conclusions using "logical deduction" is not a disorder.

You know, one of my FORMER female friends, who turned out to be a COMPLETE right-wing ultra-conservative fundamentalist, used to tell me that being a "liberal" was a mental disorder. Used to give me links to "prove" that. She is no longer my friend. I will not be "friends" with someone who labels whole groups of people as having "mental disorders" just because they don't think the way that she does. She is against pretty much everything in our society, sees black helicopters hovering above her house, conflict and government take-over everywhere she turns, lives in her own hermetically sealed world, has broken relations with her own parents, has cut off her kids from seeing their own grandparents (and vice versa) because she is that deeply entrenched in her way of thinking. Yet, other people are the ones with the "mental disorder."

And what is "reality" to you? The "reality" that is painted to you by someone else? (the news, commentators, etc.). We have found out over and over again that the government was lying to the American people on many occasions, always denying the accusations until it could not deny anymore, then when the evidence became overwhelmingly clear, they only then admit to wrong-doing and then "apologize." I don't know for sure the "truth" about 9/11, but to call it a "detachment from reality" just because some people aren't buying everything that they've been told at face value is really condenscending (in my opinion).

I'm okay with people thinking different things; at least they're still thinking vs. being led blindly by someone else. I don't need a shepherd to lead me around; I can lead my ownself around. As I said already, it is very condenscending (and dangerous) to label someone as having a mental disorder because there were times in world history that people were indeed hospitalized, tortured, and even murdered, for thinking and going against the grain of accepted thought.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:59 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,317,511 times
Quote:
Is believeing 9/11 was an inside job a mental disorder?
yES! oF CouRSe it si

Old 10-09-2009, 10:04 AM

989 posts, read 2,498,795 times
Quote:

Nah, just total gullibility. I wish I had a complete list of them so I could perform my elevator pitch for the bridge I have on sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies