Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 08:29 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
Wrong! I am a liberal, and I celebrating Che's death today. Don't start a liberal vs conservative war if you don't know what you're talking about.
Are you of Cuban heritage?

Miami is the place for enormous Che hating and celebrations of his death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 08:35 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Any place outside an insane asylum is a place for Che hating and celebrations of his death. Just like a Christian church is a place of Satan hating.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Che?! LOL.... a white Argentinian.... originally a member of the oppressor class himself.... he got caught up in the revolutionary spirit many young people do, but didn't grow out of it.

When he was caught by the CIA, he begged for his life like a dog. "I'm more valuable to you alive than dead!"

No. I will hold people like Roosevelt in high esteem for seeking greater social justice through legitimate, non-violent means, than Che Guevara, who is one hair shy of a common, sadistic mass murderer. (He gets a pass because he had an "ideology" attached to his agenda).

And now? Cuba is a cess pool. Too much, too fast. Many countries in Latin America were just as "imbalanced" as Cuba was in the 40s and 50s, and are doing great now because their change was administered by smarter people with less violent means.
Che did NOT beg for his life. Have you ever read the biography of Che by Jon Anderson? I'll bet not.

Have you heard of Felix Rodriguez? I'll bet you have. Felix Rodriguez was a Cuban American who worked for the CIA and was present at Che's execution. Rodriguez even has "mementos" in his home from that day in Bolivia when Che was executed. Additionally, Felix Rodriguez is still alive, retired, and LIVES IN MIAMI today.

Rodriguez SAID THAT CHE DIED LIKE A MAN, that he did not beg for his life. Now, tell me WHY a Cuban-American who was working for the CIA at the time would lie about the way Che died? Felix Rodriguez hated Che. He spent a lot of time working for the CIA and killing Che was what he wanted to happen. So, I think Rodriguez is most likely a very credible source regarding what happend to Che the day he was executed and how Che behaved.

WHAT is your source for your assertion that Che "begged for his life like a dog"????

Last edited by Austin13; 11-11-2009 at 09:25 AM..

Old 11-11-2009, 08:36 AM

Let's not forget the psychopath in Congress either...

YouTube - Obama Congresswoman Watson Praises Che and Fidel Castro! APOLLO Member!!!

Old 11-11-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Isn't it heartwarming to see what left wingers hold dear and worship? No wonder they are in such awe of hussein obama.
You really should try to expand your vocabulary to include more words than "worship." Or maybe you really have no clue what the word "worship" means.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1974 View Post
We are not talking about WWII we are talking about Che. getting off subject or is it you lack a good anwser to justify a killer?
My guess is that you support the death penalty. Is it wrong for the state to kill people?

As bad as they were, there were "military trials" conducted by Che. He was, after all, "the State" at that point. It was a revolution. People are killed in revolutions. Do you oppose torture or killing of "terrorists" by our government?

Old 11-11-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
Yes. CHE was a first-rate P.O.S.
Interesting screen name you have. Castro's nickname was "The Horse".....

How much factually do you know about Che?

Old 11-11-2009, 08:50 AM

In the spirit of Lenin, he was very compassionate for the workers and anti-bourgeois, until he gained power following the revolution. Then anyone speaking negatively about communism was summarily punished. Owning weapons was fine during the revolution. Afterwards? Not unless you're military!

Old 11-11-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Are you for real?

What did Che achieve (other than killing thousands)? Cuba is still poor and still a s--thole and nowhere else did his revolutions have any more than some token support. He did in a similar manner as many of his enemies, so at least he is an example of poetic justice.

I am not a fan of conservatives, but at least conservatives try to reduce killing after winning a war. For Communists (and Nazis) that is when the real killing starts.
My suggestion is to read Che by Jon Anderson. Che gave the Russians hell. Castro was not pleased about that, which seems to have been why Che chose to leave Cuba ultimately. Bet you didn't know that, did you?

Che advocated "the new man/human." Do you know what that means?

Old 11-11-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
In the spirit of Lenin, he was very compassionate for the workers and anti-bourgeois, until he gained power following the revolution. Then anyone speaking negatively about communism was summarily punished. Owning weapons was fine during the revolution. Afterwards? Not unless you're military!
Please prove your statements above. Where did you find that information?

Che was not "power hungry"......Where do you get this information about Che wanting/loving power after the revolution? Che actually left Cuba to pursue his ideals, and in doing so he left a life of comfort and POWER behind in Cuba. Che didn't have to go to Bolvia. He could have stayed in Cuba where he would have had a lifetime of power if that was his "real motivation".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies