Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama himself shocked by the decision?
Yes, Obama himself was bewildered and wondered what drugs the committee is on 165 70.21%
No, Obama felt fully deserving of the award. Whether the award would come was never in question. 70 29.79%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 06:12 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
I am sooooo tired of hearing the racist claims. I hate his policies, I hate that he seems to be a jet setter. Jetting off to here and there for no truly good reason. I also hated when Bush 1 and 2 did it. I hated when Clinton did it. It is not a left/right or black/white thing. It is that I hate the 2 party system. I think they are direct mirror images of each other. They just use different talking points. I hate the fact that America and her Citizens are reeling due to the ineptitude of the congress and politicians of the past 40+ years.
I agree, give a third party a real chance. Your system is out of date, because all the different opinions cannot be expression by only two parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 06:14 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
Congratulations on having a President who's been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. Although I don't think he has done much to earn it, as he just hasn't had enough time to prove his worth (or lack thereof) yet, I do believe that his being elected sent a really positive message to the rest of the world, so congrats.
Yes. I'm just surprised that they waited so long. They could have announced the prize on inauguration day and made it part of the festivities. Seriously, this is on par with Hollywood awarding Al Gore an Oscar. It's the Left patting itself on the back for their high-mindedness. And, I'm sure, it's Obama's reward for smacking down the Jews in his Cairo speech and caving in to Putin on missile defense.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:15 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I still have not read anyone's post on exactly what he did to deserve the prize.

I'm not a racist or right winger so please help me understand why he won ?
Good question and like you, I am waiting to hear an answer.

While we watch the finger-pointing and name calling, here's a list of past winners:
Winners of the Nobel Peace Prize

Old 10-09-2009, 06:17 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
The Right hates America so much because they elected a black man President. The racists feel that he does not deserve the same respect they'd give any other President because of the melanin in his skin. imho
The black thing is central to a few, but just the topping on the cake to most. What really ticks them off is that they thought they and their right-wing fundie "values voters" had established a new order...a blessed and annointed version of America that would last a thousand years. Then all their heroes sank into cesspools of corruption, disgrace, and failure, and got summarily replaced by A BUNCH OF LIBERALS. Most of these tighty-righties will go to their graves embittered by the disonance and disillusionment of it all...

Old 10-09-2009, 06:17 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I still have not read anyone's post on exactly what he did to deserve the prize.

I'm not a racist or right winger so please help me understand why he won ?

Even the reporters "Gasped" when it was announced. Unbelievable.
Here from the committee

YouTube - President Barack Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

Old 10-09-2009, 06:18 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
I almost feel sorry for Obama, for winning the Nobel Peace Prize...It has become such a loser award after Carter won, Yasser Arafat won and now Obama....WOW nice list....

Obama was nominated when he was 12 days in office, so it shows he had not done anything....what a joke...I'm not blaming Obama, since he didn't choose him self, but this Nobel prize committee is a huge joke...just for the peace prize, in other fields I respect them, but since Carter a well known anti-semitic person won, I started to doubt it, than after Yasser Arafat won, a well known murderer and terrorist won...I stopped believing in this prize.....now the have proven to be a joke!

The Nobel Peace prize should be awarded when peace is made, not for words so maybe they shouldn't award a yearly....but the damage has been done....what a joke!

Old 10-09-2009, 06:18 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,191,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
While we watch the finger-pointing and name calling, here's a list of past winners:
Winners of the Nobel Peace Prize
No "finger pointing or name calling" just some stunned people wanting some shred of an explanation about what someone who just won (what is supposed to be a prize for extraordinary work to further the cause of peace) the Nobel Peace Prize did to get picked for that honor.

Do you mean to tell me that no one else in the world did anything more worthy in 2009 to further the cause of peace? That's not name calling. It's called rational thinking.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:19 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
The man is extraordinary. He inherited an incredible mess. A Republican/Conservative/Regressive/Klan/Neocon/Red States/Clueless-created mess. By the time Obama took office, Bush and the Regressives had this country on a direct path to a serious Depression with their clueless ideology. Record deficits greeted Obama. Housing crisis, bank crisis, mortgage crisis, health care in shambles. Street gang domestic terrorism OUT OF CONTROL. The ridiculous "war on terrorism" LOST after LYING to enter the war, then wasting a trillion dollars in the cause. Why weren't the Regressives complaining about all that wasteful SPENDING? Goodwill with allies around the world OBLITERATED under the Regressives. Infrastructure in shambles. Damn near 50 states in an economic free fall with Bush. Illegal immigrants entering this country through holes nearly as big as the one in the ideology of the Regressives. The unemployment rate skyrockets as qualified Americans lose their jobs to outsourcing and H-1B visa cheap labor from India and Asia because the Regressives care only about profit. Barack Obama has the task of reviving this country after the worst presidential administration in the history of this country. The people who voted for Bush's reelection will go down as having the worst political judgment and instincts in history. Obama continues despite the whining and moaning from this bunch.

As Obama said, to dig ourselves out of 8 horrific years of Republican/Conservative control, is going to take patience, but he provides hope as the numbers are starting to look favorable... as expected! Took him 9 months to get this country out of a sure-Depression that it took that Republican village idiot 8 years to build. He's far from done too. Two terms we have this man leading this nation.

Yes, Obama deserves that prize, and don't you Regressives forget it.

+1000!

Post of the year.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:21 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,191,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
+1000!

Post of the year.
Oh Puhleeeze. Political drivel much? Are you blind or just blinded by your adoration of Obama?

Old 10-09-2009, 06:22 AM

70 posts, read 136,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I almost feel sorry for Obama, for winning the Nobel Peace Prize...It has become such a loser award after Carter won, Yasser Arafat won and now Obama....WOW nice list....

Obama was nominated when he was 12 days in office, so it shows he had not done anything....what a joke...I'm not blaming Obama, since he didn't choose him self, but this Nobel prize committee is a huge joke...just for the peace prize, in other fields I respect them, but since Carter a well known anti-semitic person won, I started to doubt it, than after Yasser Arafat won, a well known murderer and terrorist won...I stopped believing in this prize.....now the have proven to be a joke!

The Nobel Peace prize should be awarded when peace is made, not for words so maybe they shouldn't award a yearly....but the damage has been done....what a joke!

Kind of like those athletes that get put on front of Madden <insert year here> that have a busted season thereafter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies