Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama himself shocked by the decision?
Yes, Obama himself was bewildered and wondered what drugs the committee is on 165 70.21%
No, Obama felt fully deserving of the award. Whether the award would come was never in question. 70 29.79%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 08:47 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,423,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
And I'm going to guess that you would also classify the shock and even outrage from liberals is also "stupid, petty, and ..... downright anti-American"?????

Or do you have to be conservative to get that sort of derisive commentary from you?

Because if you follow the news and commentary as much as I do, you would know that many staunch left wingers (including ... gulp ... NBC) are beyond baffled about this.

I have to think even Mr. Obama awoke to this news with a little bit of a "HUH???" Yup, even him ... even with that ego. It had to be a bit of a shocker. Nobody saw this one coming .... seriously.
You righties have vocabulary issues, don't you? Must come from all that spinning. "Baffled" does not mean the same thing as "outraged".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 08:48 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,423,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Those are good words there Sagran. That's what I got out of the many articles I read on this. Except for some ME leaders who were indeed "disturbed" the overall meme were those two words I highlighted.
Thanks. Like I always say, if you want to know what a lefty is thinking, ask a lefty.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:50 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
It was so great today listening to Rush Limbaugh squeal and writh like a big, fat nasty slug having salt poured on it.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:51 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,274,359 times
The real statesman weighs in...

YouTube - Ron Paul On Obama Winning The Nobel Peace Prize

Old 10-09-2009, 08:52 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,408,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The appeal and the diplomacy of Obama can not be denied. The Norwegians recognize the presence of greatness....period!
If you say so.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:55 PM

Woodrow Wilson won the cracker jack prize and helped create the Federal Reserve as well as an atmosphere for a Hitler to flourish.

9,855 posts, read 10,408,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
It was so great today listening to Rush Limbaugh squeal and writh like a big, fat nasty slug having salt poured on it.
I am impressed by the maturity of your post. Your grasp of sentence structure is quite astounding.

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
AAAwwww, poor baby..the whole day spent in one big tantrum and Obama STILL has the Prize...LOL!!!

It must be so hard for the repubs to identify witha WINNER!

Old 10-09-2009, 08:58 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,313,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see your point but I would rather say that the Norwegians wanted us to realize that they did not like Bush and they are proud that we didn't elect somebody like him.

Lets look at some of the things Bush did that haven't been changed yet. Gitmo is still in operation and won't be out by the date that Oba mao promised. Our troops are still in Iraq and surely that was the unfair place we were in. Our troops are still in Afghanistan and he is getting ready to send 40,000 more there. I think the Norwegians were trying to tell him that he was not to send more troops there.

How about rendition with prisoners of war. Oba mao is still sending prisoners to Egypt where much of the really nasty questioning has always been done.

I don't think that he can back down from any of these things just because the Norwegians gave him that award. He has to do what is best for his nation and let them know that they can't call the shots. I think that lesser men would back down to them but I don't think he is one of them.

Do you really think that they want to bring Bush to any international court? I hope not, but then . . . . . . .
To the Norwegians, appearances are everything - substance, nothing - until the contrived appearance creates substance.

Is this their hope for change?

Shyt like this has been known to backfire - I'm sure they are aware of this - but what else can anyone do?

Substance, would be imprisoning the Bush/Cheney gang.

If Obama had brought that about, I would approve his award of the prize.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
AAAwwww, poor baby..the whole day spent in one big tantrum and Obama STILL has the Prize...LOL!!!

It must be so hard for the repubs to identify witha WINNER!

Obama and I share something in common then. Lucky I hit the supermarket earlier today!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h36/jg4937/low_757dd4f060de4d4.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies