Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama himself shocked by the decision?
Yes, Obama himself was bewildered and wondered what drugs the committee is on 165 70.21%
No, Obama felt fully deserving of the award. Whether the award would come was never in question. 70 29.79%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 06:57 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times

Advertisements

Rush:

What's the difference between God and Obama?

God doesn't think he's Obama.

(June 10, 2009)

(God didn't get a Nobel Prize either)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 07:03 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Maybe some of the really confused posters should LEARN something! It has been posted over and over again the criteria the COMMITTEE (which is NOT comprised of Americans) uses to determine THEIR findings.

I think all the tantrums come from some posters actually thinking their opinion on who wins , counts
It may not be their confusion. Some posters may not realize that their negative posts may be one of the reasons for the 2009 selection. The members of the committee see and know what is happening globally just like everyone else.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:03 AM

177 posts, read 312,530 times
President Zero needs to take advantage of the 'Cash for Gold' progam. Our country could use the money thanks to his no-holds-barred spending spree.

That is, if it's actually made of real gold. Probably a cheap veneer wrapped around a lead slug, like his administration.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:26 AM

193 posts, read 191,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Well, Al Gore won one, Carter won another, and so Yasser Arafat. It all means that Obama is in good company
The fact that you consider the worst president in the last 100 years and Arafat as good company says a lot about Obama. Or was that (hopefully) satire? I'm new here so I haven't figuired out who are the raving lunitics on the left and raving lunatics on the right.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:35 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The thread has just become a bash Bush partisan rant. Nobody's offering anything that Obama has done to deserve the Nobel. If Carter, Gore, Obama and Arafat can get one, then certainly Bush is worthy. And Clinton is too for that matter.
Hmmmm, I wonder what Bill and Hillary have to say about all this?
We don't have to offer anything. It isn't our decision. It is the decision of the NPP committee who are pretty clear about their dislike of George W. Bush, his foreign policies, the tone of his administration and his exporting of war. Their view is a rather common one throughout the world. Their belief that Obama will make positive changes is reason that he was nominated. His changing the tone is why he won. That's not bashing Bush, that's stating the facts. And your opinion doesn't matter.

It really isn't about us, it's about the NPP committee.

Perhaps if so many Americans didn't think that the rest of the world's opinion doesn't matter, they would understand how important and positive that changing of the tone is seen beyond our shores. Perhaps then they would understand why Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:37 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
When did the stupidity end...when Obama came into office? Is that the problem?

Stupidity is reaching further than ever...... the people who voted for Obama are even bigger morons than those who voted for Bush

Old 10-10-2009, 07:42 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Joke!!!

Carter, Gore and ObamAcorn.

Nothing more to say.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:43 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
BREAKING NEWS: Obama wins the Pulitzer Prize for his latest autobiography "Me, Myself, and I: A Love Story".....before even writing it!

Old 10-10-2009, 07:45 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
We don't have to offer anything. It isn't our decision. It is the decision of the NPP committee who are pretty clear about their dislike of George W. Bush, his foreign policies, the tone of his administration and his exporting of war. Their view is a rather common one throughout the world. Their belief that Obama will make positive changes is reason that he was nominated. His changing the tone is why he won. That's not bashing Bush, that's stating the facts. And your opinion doesn't matter.

It really isn't about us, it's about the NPP committee.
The funny thing about the NPP is, the family that started it use to make explosives and some of the family members were killed doing so.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:45 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
I agree..... Sort of like a scientist winning the Nobel prize in medicine for merely wanting to cure cancer.
I agree. Obama being given the Nobel Peace Prize is an example of putting the cart before the horse. Obama has not yet done anything close to deserving this award.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies