Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2009, 07:30 PM

37,277 posts, read 61,039,203 times

Advertisements

I am curious to see if anyone else has heard of this: "demographic problem"

Basically stated high literacy industrialized cultures [all of Europe and the US] have very low birth rates. In fact so low that they are not replacing themselves. And other cultures [mainly Muslim] encourage immigration and have very high birth-rates.

So the end effect is that in a few decades cultures that are today primarily Christian, will become primarily Muslim.

So nations that have been mostly Christian and have long traditions as such, will soon become Arabic speaking Islamic nations.

Muammar al-Gaddafi in recent world tour speaches has been urging Muslims to stop terrorism, because allah will grant them world dominance through peaceful methods if they only continue to immigrate into every industrialized nation and keep making babies.

I was sent links to this video:
Demographic problem Video by Darin - MySpace Video

YouTube - Demographic problem

And then I did some googling, and I was able to find a little bit more about this topic.

Though I wonder if anyone else has heard this?

Is this real?

Muslim Europe: the demographic time bomb transforming our continent - Telegraph

"Europe's low white birth rate, coupled with faster multiplying migrants, will change fundamentally what we take to mean by European culture and society ... "

BBC NEWS | Europe | Russia faces demographic disaster

"President Vladimir Putin said the most urgent problem facing Russia is its demographic crisis, ...

... The country's population is declining by at least 700,000 people each year, ...

... Birth-rates in many developed, industrialised countries are stagnant or declining. But when this is combined with very low life-expectancy and an increasingly unhealthy population, Mr Perevedentsev agrees that the term "catastrophe" reflects reality.

... It reflects concern that while ethnic Russians fare so badly, there are other, predominantly Muslim, population groups that are experiencing very rapid growth.

... Some of the peoples of the North Caucasus ... are rapidly growing in number.

... Russia could become a majority Muslim nation, ... "

Comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 07:51 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,206,481 times
Has a ring of logic to it if you think about it.
The Mexicans are gaining in numbers as well as they still have large families.

I imagine this world in 50 years will look very different.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:10 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,235,077 times
There was a thread about this a day or two ago. I'd love to hear what people living in Europe are experiencing/seeing about this as the numbers there are so much higher than in the US. I'm hoping this doesn't spell the end of a free democracy as the future majority insists on sharia laws.

I'm already seeing that my son's friends who all had to move away from this largely Irish-American city for work are marrying girls from other countries that they wouldn't find here, one from Turkey and one from India. Indeed things are changing quite a bit from what we knew.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:28 PM

745 posts, read 1,433,863 times
Quote:
Basically stated high literacy industrialized cultures [all of Europe and the US] have very low birth rates. In fact so low that they are not replacing themselves. And other cultures [mainly Muslim] encourage immigration and have very high birth-rates.
I think a lot of the Muslims that come here and experience the freedom take to American values (usually in a generation or two). Plus, the current population of Muslims in the U.S. is SMALL. A tiny fraction. The U.S is 90% Christian. 90%!! That is a HUGE majority.

I would be more worried about two things:
1) The decay of the U.S education system. The U.S. is generating video game playing bozos, while India and China are teaching adolescents Science and Math.
2) The declining values and morales of current Americans.

Old 10-10-2009, 03:09 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,093,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcnyc View Post
I think a lot of the Muslims that come here and experience the freedom take to American values (usually in a generation or two). Plus, the current population of Muslims in the U.S. is SMALL. A tiny fraction. The U.S is 90% Christian. 90%!! That is a HUGE majority.

I would be more worried about two things:
1) The decay of the U.S education system. The U.S. is generating video game playing bozos, while India and China are teaching adolescents Science and Math.
2) The declining values and morales of current Americans.

I agree that these are 2 huge problems in America today

Old 10-10-2009, 06:19 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,501,499 times
Don't worry about it; the literacy rate in the United States has been decreasing over the last couple of decades. Hey...now there's a great slogan for the next elections. "Ignorance is Strength."

Oh, wait...I think that's been used before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies