Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 09:58 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
It wasn't just your post. It is the posts I read on every thread. I am amazed at how comfortable people seem to feel about passing judgement on and making assumptions about complete strangers based on what the person posts. Did it occur to you that this person might be elderly with impaired vision?
Well how the hell am I gonna make judgements about people on the internet except by judging their posts? It's not like I can walk up, shake hands and look them in the eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 09:59 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
After reading it twice, I thought the same thing.
Good for you. Did you happen to notice that this poster always posts with typos no matter the time of day or night? In one thread tonight he indicated that he was elderly.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Well how the hell am I gonna make judgements about people on the internet except by judging their posts? It's not like I can walk up, shake hands and look them in the eye.
It's not rocket science. It is okay to respond to the person's point of view. It is not okay to type your assumptions, on a public forum, about a complete stranger. No need to attempt to humiliate people.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:03 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Good for you. Did you happen to notice that this poster always posts with typos no matter the time of day or night? In one thread tonight he indicated that he was elderly.
Well I sincerely hope this poster doesn't take offense as I meant none. I'm elderly too. I used to be a very good speller. Never even thought about it. Now I suck at spelling. sometimes I look at a word for 2 minutes or more and can't remember what's right. In two more years I probably won't know where I am.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:09 PM

I meant no offense to you either mohawkz. It just seems that it has become so easy for people to put others down. Are we losing our humanity and compassion?

Old 10-11-2009, 08:02 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,860,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
As recounted in this column, Obama came to closure about how to approach Afghanistan, and now is going through phony deliberations:

So what does their commander in chief do now with the war he once declared had to be won but had been almost criminally under-resourced by Bush?

Perhaps provide the resources to win it?

On March 27, flanked by his secretaries of defense and state, the president said this: "Today I'm announcing a comprehensive new strategy for Afghanistan and Pakistan." He then outlined a civilian-military counterinsurgency campaign to defeat the Taliban in Afghanistan.

washingtonpost.com
Krauthammer's companion piece Decline is a choice is must reading. Taken together with the WaPo piece noted above the two articles explain quite clearly the Democrats and their supporters hatred of their country and the motivation of same. There's a reason Democrats, liberals and the oh so precious 'progressives' were tagged as treasonous during Bush's years: the charge is undeniably and irrefutably accurate.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:12 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Krauthammer's companion piece Decline is a choice is must reading. Taken together with the WaPo piece noted above the two articles explain quite clearly the Democrats and their supporters hatred of their country and the motivation of same. There's a reason Democrats, liberals and the oh so precious 'progressives' were tagged as treasonous during Bush's years: the charge is undeniably and irrefutably accurate.

All of that is absolutely true.................to a wingnut.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:59 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,791 times
Default jimmy carter

a disaster wiating to happen he is not a leader not at all.like a deer peralize by the headlight of a car so is our president frozen fom fear. fear of not being popular anymore putting his popularity first over our men and weman in combat

Old 10-11-2009, 09:05 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
a disaster wiating to happen he is not a leader not at all.like a deer peralize by the headlight of a car so is our president frozen fom fear. fear of not being popular anymore putting his popularity first over our men and weman in combat
You're not only off topic, you are incoherent. Please dont try again. Thanks.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:12 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
This is a bit off topic, but not incoherent: he needs to really work on cooperation with our only effective ally in the region, Pakistan. This is the same BS that got so many of our soldiers killed in North Africa through lack of cooperation between American and British commands. The Paks are really trying and so are we but we are not coordinating our efforts. Obama should have been in Islamabad instead of Copenhagen. He also needs to get India to agree to back off the Pak borders.Time to get it together!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies