Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 07:48 PM

280 posts, read 1,222,238 times

Advertisements

...they (we) just spend like 17 billion dollars to send a rocket up to the moon to bust a whole in it? oh, & by the way, they r going to send something else up there after to 2 c if there is water up there. At this point in life & time does anybody give 2 sh..ts? when there r people dying of cancer & other things...oh, And by the way, the next thing is that they said is that they r going to send up some of our troops 2 the moon to check it out? what the fu... first of all, havent our troops been thru enough going to afghanistan then they are going to send them to the moon...im so Livid right now in hearing this..there is so much more that we could be spending our money on!!!! I feel like standing in some kind of rebelious line, does anybody want to stand tall with me???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 09:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
I don't think you are the only one that wonders what that was all about!!! yes, I am pissed, but keep thinking there must have been a reason. please somone tell me what is was...

Nita

Old 10-10-2009, 09:15 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,949,180 times
I'm with you on this one. I'd like to know how some people can be outraged by the money needed to revamp our health care system and yet most are eerily silent in regards to the millions spent on this moon project.

Is this really a good time to be blasting holes in the moon??

Old 10-10-2009, 09:18 AM

65 posts, read 191,975 times
Maybe we should quit wasting so much money on occupying the world and war, then we could afford scientific exploration. But something tells me this moon rocket has to do with war, too.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:19 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,904,050 times
It's all very phallic to me, and if you want my opinion.......they got it up, and got it off, but mother moon is still high and dry, if you get my meaning.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:20 AM

3,791 posts, read 8,902,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buona sera View Post
Maybe we should quit wasting so much money on occupying the world and war, then we could afford scientific exploration. But something tells me this moon rocket has to do with war, too.
Don't we spend more than that PER DAY on two USELESS wars?

Old 10-10-2009, 09:21 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,198,865 times
Time to shut down NASA or give it to the Pentagon. They have gone from people with a purpose and vision "...this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to the Earth." to people who are just trying to justify their own existence.

Sure there is some scientific benefit from some of the research they do, but is the cost/benefit worth it? Does anyone really care if there is water on the moon or bacteria on Mars? We can't even pay our bills here on earth, and yet we're pissing away money on the moon. Just another example of a government out of touch.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:25 AM

65 posts, read 191,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Don't we spend more than that PER DAY on two USELESS wars?
I got too bummed out about it to track the money any more. But think how far advanced we would be scientifically if we weren't spending every dime on "defense".

Old 10-10-2009, 09:27 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,562 times
This story that they're looking for water on the moon, is the biggest load of manure ....I have ever heard.

I would love to hear a rational explanation as to why looking for water on a dead moon, is in the least bit helpful, significant and useful ....for us. Us here on earth.

What, if they find frozen water up there, they're going start sending the Poland Springs Shuttle rocket up there and harvest the water?

17 million dollars for a few shuttles worth of frozen water?

Geeeee.....wonder why I'm having such a difficult time believing any of it.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,281 times
We are spending money on rockets and follow up missions because it's another way to pad corporate America's pockets. It matters not who the President is because the very rich dictate policy. You might as well get a lawn chair and relax because nothing will ever be done about it. Have a coke and smile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies