Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 11:20 AM

745 posts, read 1,438,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Are fast foods and many of the chips we eat more healthy now? They all seem to use non trans fat oils now.
I am starting to realize that nothing that is PROCESSED is "healthy". If it comes in a box.... it is filled with junk that is bad for you. Corn syrup, preservatives, etc....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 11:25 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,694 times
What ever happened to personal responsibility?

"I'm unhealthy and overweight because there are no laws telling me what and how to eat?"

If you stop eating crap (McDonald's, twinkies, potato chips) you'll stop feeling and looking like crap, plain and simple.

Nutritional information is easily accessible. If people would take responsibility for their own health and well being and stop expecting their big brother the federal government to take care of them, they would all be healthier and happier.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:55 PM

23,172 posts, read 26,189,754 times
For people that won't read a label, read or listen to any of the milllions of articles on nutrition, are too lazy to cook...or learn how to cook... nutriously... as well as just simply shutting their mouths when they've had 'enough' to eat, I'd suggest an additive to all prepared and fast food that will cause infertility so at least they can't 'harm' any progeny.

WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS!!! THINK OF THE KI-I-I-IDS!!!

Old 10-10-2009, 01:06 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
What are the health effects of too much sugar? I've been buying more low fat foods lately myself.
Sugar and carbohydrates, in any amount, require insulin for the body to process them. Excess consumption of sugars/carbs will cause the body's insulin receptors to "wear out", and require more insulin to make them do their job. Over time, this will lead to diabetes, which happens when the body's insulin-producing cells can no longer produce enough insulin to enable the body to process sugars.

Too much insulin floating around can also be a problem for blood vessels, according to a study I read that was conducted on dogs. They injected a tiny amount of insulin into a dog's leg artery, and an equivalent amount of saline in the same dog's other leg artery. The artery that received the insulin began to develop plaque. Interesting, isn't it? I haven't looked for more studies, but should. I would like to see how this proves out in humans.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:26 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
What are the health effects of too much sugar? I've been buying more low fat foods lately myself.
Read Sugar Blues.

Sugar is very bad for you, but not as bad as the artificial sweeteners 'ceptin' for stevia, which ain't artificial.

Sugar Blues - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stevia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you are going to eat a lot of carbohydrate, I would highly suggest that you supplement with chromium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies