Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2009, 06:59 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,441,578 times

Advertisements

On March 6, 1991, President George Herbert Walker Bush, at the conclusion of the Persian Gulf War, uttered some words that shivered down the spines of Americans who appreciated their country as an independent, sovereign experiment in constitutional self-government.

"Now, we can see a new world coming into view – a world in which there is the very real prospect of a New World Order," he said.

[MOD CUT/copyright]

Joseph Farah

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-12-2009 at 07:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 05:24 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Last weekend, speaking in Prague, Barack Obama took the New World Order rhetoric to soaring new heights.

"All nations must come together to build a stronger, global regime," he said.
"I speak today as both a citizen of the United States and of the world. I come with the heartfelt wishes of my people for peace, bearing honest proposals and looking for genuine progress."

- Ronald Reagan - Remarks in New York City Before the United Nations General Assembly Special Session Devoted to Disarmament June 17th, 1982

"They are the kind of men and women Tom Paine had in mind when he wrote, during the darkest days of the American Revolution, ‘We have it in our power to begin the world over again.’ ”

- Ronald Reagan - Acceptance speech of Republican nomination, 1980

Link to the OP's copy and paste:
The most chilling words since 'New World Order'

and considering the author has also stated this concerning Obama and his citizenship:

"It'll plague Obama throughout his presidency. It'll be a nagging issue and a sore on his administration, much like Monica Lewinsky was on Bill Clinton's presidency," and, "It's not going to go away, and it will drive a wedge in an already divided public."

So I did think about it and this is what I think:

1. Article posted on crazy right wing website World Net Daily
2. Article posted by crazy right wing guy who thinks Obama isn't a US citizen
3. Ronald Reagan said the exact same things concerning being a "citizen of the world"

Everything added up = one article without a basis for truth written to fan the flames of conspiracy theorists..

Old 10-11-2009, 07:28 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Betsy, your heart is always in the right place, however, if you want to see positive changes in the world, why do you keep the negatives? I don't watch the news nor do I read newspapers. It's good for the soul to do what you can for where you are than dwell on what you can't fix. If you can fix what the politicians or presidents are doing, go do it. If you can't, take care of what you can. It's that simple. Negatives will manifest when you dwell on them and keep them. "What you think, so shall it be" - Jesus.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:46 AM

436 posts, read 1,174,408 times
But you guys do realise that Obama or no Obama this was going to happen? The events of end of last year, which were a culmination of many years of bad governance on america's part, marked a significant point in this countries history and in essence threatened the american ideals. Freedom has left america with a huge deficits. Hello?! And to make matters worse america has put it's self in a position where it's prospects are tied to that of the world. We now have third world countries financing it's debts. America got herself into this mess, and sadly it needs the rest of the world to help it get out of this one. So the whole lets blame Obama thing I dont buy, sorry. What I will say however is that this is all sign of the times, a sign that this is the end. No one man is responsible for the events that have happened, think about it, this is the work God, it is all leading to the event, the end.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:52 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,104,406 times
I dont believe that we should look at Americas money troubles, and right away think this means that the End Of The World is near....

we would just laugh at some guy from another country that would think the same of his country's importance to the End Times...

Only Americans seem to be naturally so arrogant as to believe that the world cant go on without them.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothylogan3 View Post
But you guys do realise that Obama or no Obama this was going to happen? The events of end of last year, which were a culmination of many years of bad governance on america's part, marked a significant point in this countries history and in essence threatened the american ideals. Freedom has left america with a huge deficits. Hello?! And to make matters worse america has put it's self in a position where it's prospects are tied to that of the world. We now have third world countries financing it's debts. America got herself into this mess, and sadly it needs the rest of the world to help it get out of this one. So the whole lets blame Obama thing I dont buy, sorry. What I will say however is that this is all sign of the times, a sign that this is the end. No one man is responsible for the events that have happened, think about it, this is the work God, it is all leading to the event, the end.

JUST LIKE THE BIBLE SAID IT WOULD!!

Old 10-12-2009, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Betsy, your heart is always in the right place, however, if you want to see positive changes in the world, why do you keep the negatives? I don't watch the news nor do I read newspapers. It's good for the soul to do what you can for where you are than dwell on what you can't fix. If you can fix what the politicians or presidents are doing, go do it. If you can't, take care of what you can. It's that simple. Negatives will manifest when you dwell on them and keep them. "What you think, so shall it be" - Jesus.

Can't be fixed you say? Maybe if SOME of the people would get up off their blessed assurance's and open their mouth's and take a stand........and quit being so content to sit on the sidelines and do nothing.........

Old 10-12-2009, 04:48 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Can't be fixed you say? Maybe if SOME of the people would get up off their blessed assurance's and open their mouth's and take a stand........and quit being so content to sit on the sidelines and do nothing.........
I didn't say it couldn't be fixed. I'm fixing what I can where I'm at. You start with the souls of each person you are in contact with. It then builds to the ones others are in contact with. I can do nothing for a government with just my voice. I don't work on the bigger problems first. You have to start with the one's who will hear you. The ones you are in contact with. Sure, you can say all the stuff here but each person, in their own area, has to start with one. And not all will start, only those who really want to do something.
I can't dwell on the negatives. I see peace on earth and I see each person changing themselves. I don't see the dread and doom you see. Think positive and the positive will come. We can't change things in our lifetime but we can make a good start for the next generation.
I hear that it's gonna take at least a thousand years to get to Light and Life on earth. Start with yourself and grow from there. That is all you can do.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I didn't say it couldn't be fixed. I'm fixing what I can where I'm at. You start with the souls of each person you are in contact with. It then builds to the ones others are in contact with. I can do nothing for a government with just my voice. I don't work on the bigger problems first. You have to start with the one's who will hear you. The ones you are in contact with. Sure, you can say all the stuff here but each person, in their own area, has to start with one. And not all will start, only those who really want to do something.
I can't dwell on the negatives. I see peace on earth and I see each person changing themselves. I don't see the dread and doom you see. Think positive and the positive will come. We can't change things in our lifetime but we can make a good start for the next generation.
I hear that it's gonna take at least a thousand years to get to Light and Life on earth. Start with yourself and grow from there. That is all you can do.
Great advice for all........I'm glad your are doing you're part. Each one teach one, each one reach one............each part differs.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:59 PM

Have your opinions remained the same? We in the very last few weeks of the year, any significant "change" just yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies