Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 01:26 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,626,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
If you're sick of being a victim, stop thinking like one and calling yourself one. What are you doing to help these black teens besides call them thugs?
What are they doing to help themselves?

I am sick and tired of that old line about society not doing enough to help inner-city kids. If money was all there was to it, the problem would have been solved years ago. Instead, the welfare state only made it worse.

Calling them thugs? That is what they are.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:31 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,315,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
I just believe you live in a bad area, and have to deal with what comes with the neighborhood.

Be careful, they'll flash you with their black ....

Something for you....Is this you?

YouTube - Rascism in the Elevator

Maybe you again?

YouTube - Racism in the Car
If it wasn't staged it might be sad.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post

Oh BOO HOO, there aren't any white teenagers trying desperately to be thugs, walking around the mall with their pants around their knees.
There aren't whites idealizing the motorcycle gangs that are in reality drug dealing pedophiles.
Or do you just notice them because they don't look like you?
Go walk around Slave Mart and see what the youth of today have to look up to
Is that all you do is cry? I have read several posts of yours with that sarcastic "cry icon" and it doesn't do anything at all to contribute in the least.

Walk around the Slave Mart? What are you babbling about?

I can tell you some people black kids should look up to: Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell, Shelby Steele, Bill Cosby...

Old 10-11-2009, 01:38 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,723,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Is that all you do is cry? I have read several posts of yours with that sarcastic "cry icon" and it doesn't do anything at all to contribute in the least.

Walk around the Slave Mart? What are you babbling about?

I can tell you some people black kids should look up to: Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell, Shelby Steele, Bill Cosby...

Why would you tell me, I'm not black.
You still don't get it about Slave Mart, look at those people dressed like illegals and then they wonder why their kids don't know how to dress

Old 10-11-2009, 01:40 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,557,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
No, my value system does not allow me to consider threatening behavior and shouting sexual obscenities at a married couple walking by as a silly little prank or a youthful display. It is disgusting, menacing, threatening behavior which WILL escalate into more serious behaviors. My point, which I stand by, is that this is a problem much more rampant in the black community than in the white community. I will repeat again (and again, until you get it) that no one has said white kids can not be criminals or thugs -- only that the problem is so much greater in the black community and until you admit it and own it, it has no hope of ever being changed.

I can always decide never to go to this neighborhood again. I can always buy more expensive property in crime-free areas. I, personally, can make myself safe. If I only cared about myself, I wouldn't even bother writing this post. It would be a non issue to me. I CARE about society. I care about the poor people (both black and white) who have no choice but to live with these worthless *****s as they continue to propagate. What I can't understand is why more liberals, who claim to care about minorities, keep making excuses that only perpetuate the problems that only serve to hurt the ones they pretend to care about. Why don't liberals become more outspoken about changing this behavior? Easy to blame the government or conservatives or "poverty," but much harder to say to a group of people "start respecting yourselves and others, marry your females, raise your children, work hard, practice a faith, rise above, take responsibility for yourselves and your children."
If YOU care so much about how Black people live, then maybe you should stop generalizing and placing YOURSELF in a "holier than thou" position "above" Black people.

But let's be honest. The intent of your original post was not an attempt to "help the po' colored folk to see the right way" (ie the White way); your intent was to suggest that the mere presence of these young Black thugs was the crime itself.

Your intent was to rally support from the usual suspects on C-D that would chime in with the "We Hate Black People, too" comments so that you can have, yet another, hatefest or an online White Superiority convention.

I also find your statement that "you can make yourself safer" to be utterly ridiculous. The notion that you are safe so long as you aren't living amongst Black people is idioctic. Crime is not a strictly Black phenomenom just ask the victims of Bernie Madoff or Roman Polanski or Jeffrey Dahmer.

But since YOU care so much about all the colored folks in America, why don't YOU do something to stop the NeoNazis and the Skinheads from verbally assaulting non-White people on the street? These White thugs are a menace to society and I'm only saying this because I care about White people. Its for your own good. And while you're at it, please do something about all of those Meth labs in the trailer parks and in various suburbs take some responsibility for YOUR PEOPLE.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post

Why would you tell me, I'm not black.
You still don't get it about Slave Mart, look at those people dressed like illegals and then they wonder why their kids don't know how to dress
When you can quit crying, come back and discuss. Here's a kleenex...

Old 10-11-2009, 01:59 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,094,734 times
"Why are there so many black teen thugs?"

10. Because its fun to watch white people without electric car locks try to lock the back door at an intersection.

9. Because they don't want white people to know that they are secretly studying business administration at Wharton.

8. Baggie jeans don't give you wedgies.

7. It's fun to see white folks having to cede the sidewalk for a change.

6. You won't get ignored by the sales clerk at the counter.

5. If you go to a crowded bar or restaurant it helps to get a table for the posse.

4. Who wouldn't want to as rich as Sean Jean!

3. Couldn't get a record deal as an indie pop group.

2. Everybody can't be a zoomer.

1. It's fun to scare the bejesus out of white people!

Old 10-11-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Or, of course, an Internet forum. I guess you would rather sweep this under the rug and not talk about it. We'll just pretend that it's not happening.

- Reel
Unfortunately, Reelist, that is what many will do. Pretend that things are not as everyone really knows they are.

I don't like it, but there is no avoiding it. The coorelation of black youth to the crime rate is undeniable. Further, nations like South Africa did not change for the better once apartheid was ended. On the contrary, it is now the third world country "realists" knew it would become.

I don't honestly know if it is genetic, cultural, or both (that is, both influence each other), but sticking ones head the the sand doesn't change anything.

Stereotypes? Stereotypes don't spring out of nowwhere. They exist and persist because they have a basis in reality and common experience. If one were to say, for instance, that Asian kids tend to be lazy and shiftless and prone to thuggish behavior, then it would be met with disbelieving guffaws and outright laughs.

On the other hand, say it about certain other groups, then it is met with self-righteous and defensive outrage, and cries of racist...racist...bigot...bigot...

I think the point is very clear.

Funny thing (not ha ha funny, but important to note) is that one of my very good friends is a black guy who used to work with me. We go fishing and hunting together, and often have some beers together in the others home. And have had some frank discussions about all this. Anyway, as he rightly says, the biggest obstacle to black progress is the paternal and condecending attitudes of white liberals.

Last edited by TexasReb; 10-11-2009 at 02:31 PM..

Old 10-11-2009, 02:23 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,128,888 times
Bla Bla Bla
Something is wrong with young black men. All the big words you use will not change this fact .
Admit
Study
Fix

Old 10-11-2009, 02:33 PM

782 posts, read 3,791,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
Bla Bla Bla
Something is wrong with young black men. All the big words you use will not change this fact .
Admit
Study
Fix
I admit there is something wrong with young black men in low income areas. I'm not afraid to admit it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies