Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 02:17 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,368,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Listen, on one hand I agree with you that the other side must be told-that of the millions of decent black people who aren't thugs and the fact that there are plenty of white teens that cause trouble also. That's why I posted my experience. But I have to say that my group didn't really consider ourselves thugs-our music of choice was hardcore punk rather than gangsta rap. Not that that made it any better

But, after recognizing that point, it becomes a numbers game. The fact is that a lot of white high school guys are too hopped up on pills, high, or playing video games to be on the streets causing trouble. And plenty of the rest come from well-off families and their idea of causing trouble is the occasional egging of someone's house. Both demographics are bored but for whatever reason one is more likely to go out and intimidate people. Chalk it up to economics, culture, parenting-it doesn't matter. But it's foolish to let the exceptions cloud your judgement, especially on matters that concern the safety of your family.
I agree with what you're saying about safety but the OP had very little to do with safety.

She claims to be promoting self-awareness and solutions but what she's really doing is spreading more negative connotations of black males. Then what happens is you get young black males who think “even though I’ve done nothing wrong society views me as a dangerous criminal; even though I’ve never stolen anything people think I’m a thug” and then they get angry; now we have a thread called "why do black teens have chips on their shoulders"

Old 10-12-2009, 02:26 PM

97 posts, read 116,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I agree with what you're saying about safety but the OP had very little to do with safety.

She claims to be promoting self-awareness and solutions but what she's really doing is spreading more negative connotations of black males. Then what happens is you get young black males who think “even though I’ve done nothing wrong society views me as a dangerous criminal; even though I’ve never stolen anything people think I’m a thug” and then they get angry; now we have a thread called "why do black teens have chips on their shoulders"
Nice excuse. blacks make up 52% of violent crime. so the odds are they are dangerous.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody woodpecker View Post
Nice excuse. blacks make up 52% of violent crime. so the odds are they are dangerous.
Yes of course. That's the attitude to have. All black people are dangerous. Thanks for sharing.

You know what's funny is that on another thread when an honor student was killed there were all this comments praising him for being an honor student and how he was a good kid; but then you flip over to another thread "all black people are dangerous"...so there you go black honor students - America thinks you're dangerous...don't be resentful though that they see the color of your skin and automatically think you're up to no good - don't be made at the individuals who feel this way; be mad at the four black guys at the bus stop – they ruined it for you.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:34 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,224 times
Quote:
Yes of course. That's the attitude to have. All black people are dangerous. Thanks for sharing.
Maybe the poster needs help with statistics because that would mean 52 out of 100 are dangerous. 48 of them are nice people!!!!

Old 10-12-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Maybe the poster needs help with statistics because that would mean 52 out of 100 are dangerous. 48 of them are nice people!!!!
No, we're all dangerous. I'm about to shank my coworker in a second because I need a soda

Old 10-12-2009, 02:41 PM

97 posts, read 116,797 times
Quote:
still more than half our dangerous. But lets not look at that it may hurt some peoples feelings

Old 10-12-2009, 02:42 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody woodpecker View Post
still more than half our dangerous. But lets not look at that it may hurt some peoples feelings
first of all where did you get those stats?

Second of all ..ah never mind.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:42 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,559,023 times
Quote:
No, we're all dangerous. I'm about to shank my coworker in a second because I need a soda
HAHA, get her!!!!!

Old 10-12-2009, 02:44 PM

873 posts, read 1,803,165 times
Black males are the cause of the negative connotations! To try to blame that on an innocent third party is foolish. One need only watch their evening news, etc. to see why these "negative connotations" are spread. Here in the Charlotte, NC area, blacks make up about 20% of the population. However, they cause a disproportionate amount of the violent crime - somewhere in the 75% range. AND THAT IS THE CAUSE OF NEGATIVE CONNOTATIONS HERE!

Quote:
She claims to be promoting self-awareness and solutions but what she's really doing is spreading more negative connotations of black males.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
first of all where did you get those stats?

Second of all ..ah never mind.
They make them up so they can keep believing that black people are dangerous animals and should all be locked away in cages...not all of them of course...just the dangerous ones...and the really smart ones...but not the actors...or pro-athletes...at least not while they're playing.

I hope that I never run across any of these people in real life because if anyone ever tells my son he is more likely to go to jail than college I will be on national news for having snatched somebody's tongue out and hanging them with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.