Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 07:59 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by + or - View Post
Are you sure I'm the one who's "thicker than a brick"? Here you are talking about "races" as if that's still a relevant and scientifically accepted concept. It's not.

There can be more genetic variation between two people of the same "race" than between two people of different "races".
Correct. This is why each individual must be consider on their own merit. You cannot judge an individual based on the averages of any group he happens to belong to.

Furthermore, blacks, being the oldest "race" of people on the planet are the most dissimilar genetically than any other "race".
Correct again. There are differences between the ethnic groups within each race. All blacks are not the same any more than all whites are the same any more than all asians are the same, etc.

There's too much genetic variation to classify blacks as one group, so to say that blacks as a whole are genetically predisposed toward violence, aggression, or stupidity is not only totally off base but also racist.
Wonrg. See explanation below. <- I changed my mind. You are correct here too. You cannot say that all blacks are the same any more than you can say all whites are the same.

People are individuals. You cannot box people into categorical stereotypes.
Correct again. Each person must be judged on their own merit.
You are 100% for correctness here. The only thing that you are wrong about is that there are not differences between the various races and that race is not significant.

You contradict yourself by admitting that there are differences between the ethnic groups. This is based on genetics. You cannot have it both ways. There are differences between the races for the same reason there are differences between the ethnics groups within each race.

- Reel

Last edited by Reelist in Atlanta; 10-15-2009 at 08:08 AM..

Old 10-15-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Ok that's fine...but what does that have to do with "why are there so many black teen thugs?"

And you don't have to be so PC "with all due respect" - just say what you mean. I don't have my "racist alert glasses" on yet
We seem to be doing ok for now. Lets just leave it here. We'll get back to it another time. Mr. +- will come in here in a minute and call us both racist for admitting that there are differences between the races.

I do try to be respectful most of the time. Sometimes I find myself getting rude or sarcastic when I feel others are doing so. It's a character flaw. I should try to maintain my composure at all times.

- Reel

Old 10-15-2009, 08:10 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
We seem to be doing ok for now. Lets just leave it here. We'll get back to it another time. Mr. +- will come in here in a minute and call us both racist for admitting that there are differences between the races.

I do try to be respectful most of the time. Sometimes I find myself getting rude or sarcastic when I feel others are doing so. It's a character flaw. I should try to maintain my composure at all times.

- Reel
LOL I have no issue with sarcasm or satire this is my answer as to why there "are so many black thugs".

The breakdown of the family unit and overall black community.

With more and more girls having babies at young ages, you now have 30 year old grandmothers with 17 year old minds (because they started raising kids when they were teenagers). You have three or four generations in a home. When girls turn up pregant their mothers don't know what to do except take them down to the DCF office so they can apply for assistance and then cycle begins again.

No value is placed on education or a better standard of living - you just start doing what you have to do to "get by" and then that "just enough to get by" is passed on to your kids who don't strive for a better quality of life because you haven't instilled that desire in them.

It's a generational cycle that can only be repaired within the homes.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:13 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,051,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Ok, let me try. With all due respect, blacks on average are better athletes and I believe this is due to genetics. I believe blacks on average have more testosterone. How much more is a subject for debate but blacks also process testosterone differently and have more androgen receptors than whites.

This means that if blacks workout they will become bigger and stronger than whites. Not unlike taking synthetic hormones for performance enhancement. Even if you don't want to consider the scientific evidence there is ample anecdotal evidence.

How did I do?

- Reel
Sorry: blacks cannot play Ice hockey.

you know like the Bo Jackson Commercial wher Gretzky skates up and just says "No".

Old 10-15-2009, 08:14 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Sorry: blacks cannot play Ice hockey.

you know like the Bo Jackson Commercial wher Gretzky skates up and just says "No".
Chris Rock says that once they get a heated ice rink we're going to dominate in that sport too

Old 10-15-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
LOL I have no issue with sarcasm or satire this is my answer as to why there "are so many black thugs".

The breakdown of the family unit and overall black community.

With more and more girls having babies at young ages, you now have 30 year old grandmothers with 17 year old minds (because they started raising kids when they were teenagers). You have three or four generations in a home. When girls turn up pregant their mothers don't know what to do except take them down to the DCF office so they can apply for assistance and then cycle begins again.

No value is placed on education or a better standard of living - you just start doing what you have to do to "get by" and then that "just enough to get by" is passed on to your kids who don't strive for a better quality of life because you haven't instilled that desire in them.

It's a generational cycle that can only be repaired within the homes.
I agree. I've always thought that one thing that should be taught in public education from grade 1 through high school is parenting. Most of us are going to be parents and most of us are woefully ill prepared.

- Reel

Old 10-15-2009, 08:24 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,190,876 times
Ok, this thread continues to get more personalized, more inflammatory, and more stereotypical as each page continues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies