Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 01:30 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Someone else's butt is always easier to smack. huh? What if the baby was related to you? You might be singing a different tune. Maybe, Im mistaken and you do support a public option to take away the power that enables big insurance companies to gauge with unbridled greed.
STILL being the drama queen 'eh????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 01:32 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Still information challenged, blissfully ignorant and not very articulate, I see.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:44 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:

Nice ad hominem. Got anything to say about the content of the thread as opposed to just insulting the person who posted it?

Old 10-12-2009, 01:47 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and look where this story came from? Directly out of the Huffington Post. Now how accurate do you really think it is? this is based on one Health plan, not all plans.

Nita
Here's a link from NBC

Baby too big for insurance coverage

Did it mention which insurance they had? My son has always been off the growth charts but I don't know what percentile he's in.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Nice ad hominem. Got anything to say about the content of the thread as opposed to just insulting the person who posted it?
Oh, my position on things like the topic of this thread are pretty well known - This baby should not be denied health insurance coverage

I'm a very strong supporter of the elimination of pre-existing condition exclusions - I advocate allowing health insurance to be marketed and sold across state lines. I support the formation of professional industry insurance pools to help bring down premiums.

But, I do not support mandating health insurance. I do not support fining Americans because they do not have coverage. I do not support the so-called "public options".

Hows that?

Old 10-12-2009, 01:49 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Four-month-old Alex Lange is described as a "happy, adorable, big baby." Yet he can't get health insurance.

Rocky Mountain Health Plans refuses to cover little Alex because he's too large. Denver's NBC11News.com reports:

Because of his size, Baby Alex was turned down for health insurance, his height and weight put him in the 99th percentile according to CDC guidelines.

Kelli [his mother] says it's ridiculous, "It's frustrating, it's very frustrating."

Dr. Speedie at Rocky Mountain Health Plans says all babies are evaluated for insurance the same way. "In children it's based on a combination of height and weight."

Alex Lange Denied Health Care Coverage: "Your Baby Is Too Fat"
Oh the righties will LOVE this! Irresponible, lazy, jobless baby CHOOSES to have no health care...chooses to have a "previous condition" which will mean even if he gets a job he won't qualify for health Insurance...EVER........The Little Bum!!!!

Old 10-12-2009, 01:49 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
I was born weighing 12 pounds and 6 ounces. I have been very fit, healthy, and active my entire life. I am now 51.

Birth weight of an infant is more indicative of the mother's health during pregnancy, then the health of the baby.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:51 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Oh, my position on things like the topic of this thread are pretty well known - This baby should not be denied health insurance coverage

I'm a very strong supporter of the elimination of pre-existing condition exclusions - I advocate allowing health insurance to be marketed and sold across state lines. I support the formation of professional industry insurance pools to help bring down premiums.

But, I do not support mandating health insurance. I do not support fining Americans because they do not have coverage. I do not support the so-called "public options".

Hows that?
Do you support a mandate for parents to carry health insurance for their children? Why or why not?

Old 10-12-2009, 01:51 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Oh, ya, bring out the "drama queen" BS when you can NOT defend the insurance industry in this "great" nation.

Your Adoration of the Wealthy As Your God is showing....

Typical repugs...love those teeny unborn fetuses but once they slide out...screw 'em...

Old 10-12-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Do you support a mandate for parents to carry health insurance for their children? Why or why not?
I don't support mandating insurance period.

If parents have the financial means to pay for any and all medical issues regarding their child - why should they be mandated into having insurance??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies