Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2009, 01:18 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There are plenty pro-gun people like me who believe in common sense, and then there are those who believe that common sense don't matter and everyone should be able to carry guns including criminals and those who are insane. After all, the Constitution does nor rule out anyone. The only people who should have a problem with showing id, are the criminals, just like the only people who have a problem showing id when buying booze are those who are underage. I remember having plenty of dry weekends because we did not have access to booze
I think this is funny! It's as though you didn't even read my message at all and just responded with whatever you're going to say. Fine.

Despite the fact that you've just ignored the fact that this law isn't actually going to prevent criminals from acquiring ammo anyways, let me throw more logic into this.

Are you not aware that it is already (past tense before the ammo law was passed) against the law for felons and insane people to have guns in California? So, if a criminal is not supposed to have a gun anyways, how in the hell is the ammo law supposed to prevent gun crime anyways? I mean, how can a criminal buy ammo if they aren't supposed to have a gun in the first place?

Once again, I will say this law does nothing except have a "chilling effect" on law abiding gun owners and potential gun owners now that they can be liable (read my previous posts on this).

Looks like lame duck Arnie just gave the Republican party the finger and now has his lips planted firmly on Obama's a$$.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 01:35 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
So, if a criminal is not supposed to have a gun anyways, how in the hell is the ammo law supposed to prevent gun crime anyways? I mean, how can a criminal buy ammo if they aren't supposed to have a gun in the first place?
You buy a gun only once, but you need ammo every time you want to use it. Its like buying a car: you buy one, but you still need to buy fuel every week, don't you. Do you have something against making it harder for criminals to find ammo?

It's people like you who make the majority of us law-abiding gun owners look like irresponsible morons who are hell-bent on arming every criminal in the country. People don't have a problem with law-abiding citizens carrying guns, but when hard-liners like you push for laws which would make it even easier for anyone to buy guns and ammo, then people just turn against the whole idea if gun ownership.

Also, I don't see why every thread has to be about Obama, when most issues have nothing to do with him. This bill was signed into law by a Republican governor, who was voted into office by Republican voters. You get what you vote for. Republicans have a long history of doing the exact opposite of what their voters want.

You chilling horror scenario is so childish and so far fetched that I am not even going to comment on it. If someone wants to frame you for murder, there are much easier ways to do it than looking for casings at a gun range.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:39 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,886 times
Quote:
You buy a gun only once, but you need ammo every time you want to use it.
I have quite a few cases of ammo in my closet/gun safe that prove this wrong.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:42 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
I wonder if this law will impact those who do their own re-loading?

Old 10-13-2009, 01:48 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,962 times
Quote:
You buy a gun only once, but you need ammo every time you want to use it. Its like buying a car: you buy one, but you still need to buy fuel every week, don't you. Do you have something against making it harder for criminals to find ammo?
You know, I went back and read my own posts, and I don't see anywhere where I said I do not want to make it harder for criminals to find ammo. Actually, I wish there was a law that would make it harder for criminals to use weapons. And , these laws already exist in CA at least. However, these existing laws has problems if a felon can walk around with a gun even though it is explicitly against the law for that person to own one. The question is why can't existing laws be enforced?

Quote:
It's people like you who make the majority of us law-abiding gun owners look like irresponsible morons who are hell-bent on arming every criminal in the country. People don't have a problem with law-abiding citizens carrying guns, but when hard-liners like you push for laws which would make it even easier for anyone to buy guns and ammo, then people just turn against the whole idea if gun ownership.
I can't tell if you have a reading comprehension problem or if you are just spouting some "party line" agenda, and if you repeat the same thing over and over and over, by God it has to be true. I don't have a problem with gun laws that work. I do have a problem with gun laws that dont work and only impede law abiding citizens. What part of that paragraph do you not understand?

Quote:
Also, I don't see why every thread has to be about Obama, when most issues have nothing to do with him.
Because in this case, it is the truth. Sorry if you cannot handle it.

Quote:
You chilling horror scenario is so childish and so far fetched that I am not even going to comment on it. If someone wants to frame you for murder, there are much easier ways to do it than looking for casings at a gun range.
We do not need to have law abiding citizens to submit to giving fingerprints for ammo in order to control gun crime. Criminals ALREADY HAVE submitted fingerprints when they were arrested. Absolutely no need for it, and the potential unintended consequences are indeed horrific.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:56 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I wonder if this law will impact those who do their own re-loading?
Even though the law states projectiles, as far as I could find, bullets for reloading aren't included. My guess, however, would be that this will cause many online manufacturers and retailers to do a blanket "no California" shipping rule and dealers to treat them the same as live rounds to cover their butts just in case.

The calguns forum has a great thread on this right now, including the preliminary steps the calguns foundation is taking to have this law removed.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:27 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,488,111 times
Arnold is a giant,never a lame duck...

They should amend the Constitution so that he can run for Prez & get 60%...

He is the most popular political personality in USA,with bipartizan appeal...

Old 10-13-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
I have quite a few cases of ammo in my closet/gun safe that prove this wrong.
Somehow I get the feeling that the gang-bangers are not into gun-safes, and stocking for the bad day like you and me may be.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:13 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Somehow I get the feeling that the gang-bangers are not into gun-safes, and stocking for the bad day like you and me may be.
Your "feeling" is mistaken

Often times when law enforcement busts these big time drug cartels and drug gangs - they have weaponry and ammo stashes that are friggin' unbelieveable!

Old 10-13-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
I can't tell if you have a reading comprehension problem or if you are just spouting some "party line" agenda,
In this case it would be the Republican party, but no, I am Independent.

Since you brought it up, I'll wait for you to present the gun law which works. If you have such a huge problem with showing id when buying ammo, then I just can't imagine what kind of law you would not have a problem with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies