Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2009, 01:54 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
Boom with rising unemployment : ain't a boom.

And the meltdown as you put it, traversed the world.

Look you and the rest of the navelgazers really do need to get acquainted with the reality.

Reality being that the world, not the US, financial/economic system imploded last year.
you declared the bush years a boom. you declared the meltdown started in 2008. So you were the one that used the term meltdown.
that was 2 years after the dems took control
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
That's because 5% UE in a boom is appalling.
How come every other developed economy had decreasing unemployment, yet America under Bush had rising unemployment?
You get my drift, Einstein?

You and the rest of the illiterates here, don't seem to realise that the the biggest economic meltdown in 80 years started in September 2008.
Just a reminder of your words declaring the Bush years a boom and your words using the term meltdown and the date. Which was 2 years after Dems took over.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:58 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,632,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
Well, being I must be one of the illiterate sheep here since I disagree with you, here's a suggestion... why don't you and Balfor just give up on us heathens and go get a room?

You two seem to have your own private condescending intercourse going on here and wish to argue your convoluted point of view that's apparently based entirely on misinterpreted data. The funny thing about sheep is that they tend to believe what their masters tell them and I seriously doubt they're even able to grasp the fact that are the one's to be sheared.

I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that this mess started in '08. As I recall, both dems and reps voted in a bunch of dems who were screaming about ending the war that was destined to ruin us financially. About 6 months later the housing bubble burst and we were still at war. Then we (not me personally) voted in a guy who was promising to end the war that was indeed wreaking financial havoc across the globe.... and here we are. What both sides of this argument are failing to see, and as history has pointed out repeatedly, is that protracted wars and occupational armies destroy empires every single time without fail. Now our Nobel peace prize winner wants to push us deeper into the belly of the beast with another long and costly war in Afghanistan, AKA: The Graveyard of Empires.

Please also take into consideration the "leading economists" who've somehow gained your worship have a really poor track record thus far. Is that simple enough for even you to comprehend?
I don't mean to be condescending to you, Joe.

The financial havoc wreaked, came about because people who should never have been allowed borrow 1 cent, were being given thousands, hundred of thousands, in loans which they could not repay.
That is the cause of the financial havoc that we say.

When it came to paying up time, those people could not pay.
And the banks which had sold/resold these mortgages on to one another, suddenly found that the value of the paper transacted was worth nothing.
Like the links in a chain, the weakest link (failure to repay) consigned all the other transactions valueless.

Wars in Iraq, wars in Afghanistan, are merely icing on the proverbial cake.

A system built on reckless credit was/is the problem.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Just a reminder of your words declaring the Bush years a boom and your words using the term meltdown and the date. Which was 2 years after Dems took over.
Boom with unemployment rising?
During the boom, unemployment increased under Bush

America was practically the only developed economy where unemployment increased during a boom under Bush.

The rest of the developed world boomed too - and unemployment decreased in the rest of the developed world!

Old 10-14-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Boom with unemployment rising?
During the boom, unemployment increased under Bush

America was practically the only developed economy where unemployment increased during a boom under Bush.

The rest of the developed world boomed too - and unemployment decreased in the rest of the developed world!
But you declared it a boom. remember you said I was illiterate. I can read the word boom can you?

Old 10-14-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
But you declared it a boom. remember you said I was illiterate. I can read the word boom can you?
Boom with increasing unemployment.
You keep leaving out the rising unemployment bit.
Try quoting me correctly, OK?

Are you suggesting that there wasn't a boom during the Bush years?

Old 10-14-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:

Are you suggesting that there wasn't a boom during the Bush years?
I am suggesting you are admitting the Bush era was a boom. which is what you said. that would make you one of the few liberal to openly admit it was a boom time.
Its about time you and the liberals realize that.
I also suggest you look at UE rate when the Dem's took congress in 2006 and remind you the Dem's were running the purse strings from 2006 on. So when the meltdown occured who controlled the money?

Old 10-14-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
I am suggesting you are admitting the Bush era was a boom. which is what you said.
Ther eyou go again.

You deliberately left out the bit where i said that America also managed to lose jobs as well !

Quote:
I also suggest you look at UE rate when the Dem's took congress in 2006 and remind you the Dem's were running the purse strings from 2006 on. So when the meltdown occured who controlled the money?
Move your eyes from your navel.

The world economy imploded between 2007-2008.

The meltdown that you claim, as being American, was international and widespread and deep.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Ther eyou go again.

You deliberately left out the bit where i said that America also managed to lose jobs as well !

Move your eyes from your navel.

The world economy imploded between 2007-2008.

The meltdown that you claim, as being American, was international and widespread and deep.
wrong again you claimed it was a meltdown.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:37 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Unemployment has NOTHING to do with a recession, so if you proclaim it was a boom, talking about the unemployment numbers in relationship to "recession being over", is meaningless unless you of course are trying to change the subject.

I, like wjwet read you claim the Bush years were a boom, to watch you back peddle, especially by discussing issues that dont relate to a recession by definition (which is 2 quarters in a reduction of GDP), is histerical..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies