Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2009, 10:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um, you quoted my response to hotair2, so unless you are the same individual,
Who are you to accuse me or hotair2 of using duplicate screen names? We are not the same person. As you can see, NCYank figured out what I have been trying to tell you all night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 10:05 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
YES! That is what I have been trying to say all night! The link pghquest posted was for the requirements to become an insurance agent, nothing more.
Oh my god I'm going to lose it..

If you create a company with the intent to sell insurance, but dont have the license to sell insurance, YOU CANT SELL INSURANCE..

You can create all the ice cream businesses, landscaping companies, insurance companies, even getting a job with ACORN wont allow you to sell insurance WITHOUT A LICENSE...

Step A, get a LICENSE to sell insurance
Step B, form a corporation to sell insurance
Step C, get the license to offer your corporate insurance to the general public
Step D, have LICENSED insurance agents sell YOUR insurance.

Your corporation cant sell insurance IF YOU DONT HAVE A LICENSE..

Old 10-14-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Who are you to accuse me or hotair2 of using duplicate screen names? We are not the same person. As you can see, NCYank figured out what I have been trying to tell you all night.
I didnt accuse you of it, you did. You are the one who said I was giving you a personal attack while quoting hotair..

Old 10-14-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
I didnt accuse you of it, you did. You are the one who said I was giving you a personal attack while quoting hotair..
Uh, no, I just asked you to respond without making a personal attack. You've made enough against me, too.

The link you posted had nothing to do with establishing a business to sell insurance. It had to do with qualifications to be licensed as an insurance agent. Period. If you want to discuss what needs to be done to establish an insurance business in Pennsylvania, you will need a different link. NCYank got it.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Uh, no, I just asked you to respond without making a personal attack. You've made enough against me, too.

The link you posted had nothing to do with establishing a business to sell insurance. It had to do with qualifications to be licensed as an insurance agent. Period. If you want to discuss what needs to be done to establish an insurance business in Pennsylvania, you will need a different link. NCYank got it.
I'm through trying to get you to understand that if you create an insurance company, but dont have a license to sell insurance, YOU CANT SELL IT...

I would think that would be common sense, but I guess when you would expect your landscaper to sell you insurance, it might not be..

Old 10-14-2009, 10:15 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
SINGLE PAYER
Medicare is doomed unless everyone gets it
Remove the cap from the wage tax to pay for it

Old 10-14-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Please cite please one state that requires an insurance company to have their headquarters in that state.
And here goes another one
http://sos.mo.gov/adrules/csr/curren.../20c200-17.pdf
Page 3, sectin C, 1
Locate its principal place of business at a place in Missouri;
And then you of course need to be LICENSED to sell your insurance
http://sos.mo.gov/adrules/csr/curren...r/20c700-1.pdf
Page 5
No person shall sell an insurance contract in Missouri unless s/he is a licensed insurance company, its employee or an insurance producer

And in order to become licensed, YOU NEED TO BE IN THE STATE, see prior postings about obtaining a LICENSE...

Old 10-14-2009, 10:35 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
And here goes another one
Page 3, sectin C, 1
Locate its principal place of business at a place in Missouri;
And then you of course need to be LICENSED to sell your insurance
Page 5
No person shall sell an insurance contract in Missouri unless s/he is a licensed insurance company, its employee or an insurance producer

And in order to become licensed, YOU NEED TO BE IN THE STATE, see prior postings about obtaining a LICENSE...
Dude, I did not get past your first cite. I can't read anymore of your stuff. You don't even know the difference between domestic and foreign corporation. Foreign does not mean out of the country...it means out of state. Domestic means formed in the state foreign means incorporated in another state. Headquarted in state applies to Domestic Insurers and not foreign insurers. The fact that they have rules for Foreign insurers means that they DO allow them to operate in the state...with conditions.

OMG. Please stop while you are behind.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
and here goes another one
page 3, sectin c, 1
locate its principal place of business at a place in missouri;
and then you of course need to be licensed to sell your insurance
page 5
no person shall sell an insurance contract in missouri unless s/he is a licensed insurance company, its employee or an insurance producer

and in order to become licensed, you need to be in the state, see prior postings about obtaining a license...
in Pennsylvania! You have not posted anything about obtaining a licesnse in Missouri.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
in Pennsylvania! You have not posted anything about obtaining a licesnse in Missouri.
The question was ANY state
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies