U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 10:45 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,222,643 times

Advertisements

BBC NEWS | Science & Environment | What happened to global warming?

read the article everyone has a theory from the sun rays, to ocean cycles to man made carbon...

So with all this evidence changing ideas and formulas being created to find and or understand the "weather" on this planet.
Government wants to "regulate" people carbon, businesses and create government programs and or green jobs with the same companies who give them lobby money.
hmmmmm I suspect many liberals in here will just ignore the facts that the earth changes and government is full of ****
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 12:34 PM

13,055 posts, read 11,981,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
BBC NEWS | Science & Environment | What happened to global warming?

read the article everyone has a theory from the sun rays, to ocean cycles to man made carbon...

So with all this evidence changing ideas and formulas being created to find and or understand the "weather" on this planet.
Government wants to "regulate" people carbon, businesses and create government programs and or green jobs with the same companies who give them lobby money.
hmmmmm I suspect many liberals in here will just ignore the facts that the earth changes and government is full of ****

More and more information is coming out on the research (as well as observational data making researchers look like fools) that proclaimed the smoking gun. They are finding that the research is assumptive at best and some are so manipulated that they could imply falsification or at least serve incompetence.

Either way, none of this should have been brought into the political realms. How a relatively new field of study to which only understands a very small portion of the system they research can make loose claims and then lead to such definitive positions in political realms is beyond me.

Though, I guess this is nothing new. The environmentalist have been using these tactics for many years in various ways. As Green Peace mentioned, they are not apologetic for misinforming the public because they believe they are ultimately correct. Politics, never science.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:56 PM

10,781 posts, read 12,305,055 times

The Cooling World

Newsweek, April 28, 1975

www.denisdutton.com

Here is the text of Newsweek’s 1975 story on the trend toward global cooling. It may look foolish today, but in fact world temperatures had been falling since about 1940. It was around 1979 that they reversed direction and resumed the general rise that had begun in the 1880s, bringing us today back to around 1940 levels. A PDF of the original is available here. A fine short history of warming and cooling scares has recently been produced.....................
Newsweek on the cooling world

Old 10-13-2009, 05:46 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,165,417 times
People are wising up. It's all about the money.
Climate Change Timeline – 1895-2009 « But Now You Know
Global Warming Alarmist Appeared in 1978's 'The Coming Ice Age' | NewsBusters.org
http://www.heartland.org/custom/semod_policybot/pdf/22835.pdf (broken link)

Old 10-13-2009, 07:18 PM

86,068 posts, read 76,811,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
More and more information is coming out on the research (as well as observational data making researchers look like fools) that proclaimed the smoking gun. They are finding that the research is assumptive at best and some are so manipulated that they could imply falsification or at least serve incompetence.

Politics, never science.
Any modelling can be manipulated or skewed to give the answer someone is looking for. Also, partial facts and figures can be publicized to sway the people's minds the way you want.

Gore cannot and refuses to debate anyone on this issue. It's closed science ? ROFL..scientific study is never closed.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Any modelling can be manipulated or skewed to give the answer someone is looking for. Also, partial facts and figures can be publicized to sway the people's minds the way you want.

Gore cannot and refuses to debate anyone on this issue. It's closed science ? ROFL..scientific study is never closed.
Aye, I just spent several posts in another thread talking to a poster who used weak research to proclaim urgency and when I started detailing the research and showing the problems with it, she said she didn't care about the science and then got right back on the horse of calling for urgency to solve mans created problems.

Politics works for a while, but eventually people start catching on to the lack of substance. This will end badly for them, but some people will go down with the ship to cling to their arrogance. /shrug

Old 10-14-2009, 10:45 AM

9,274 posts, read 24,416,169 times
It's been far cooler in Texas this year ( minus June and parts of July) Long Spring, early Fall. If this is global warming, I love it!

However, I stand firm in my belief of a new Little Ice Age.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
It's been far cooler in Texas this year ( minus June and parts of July) Long Spring, early Fall. If this is global warming, I love it!

I am not sure what overall trend we may be heading for, even the science argues on where we have been and where we are going. I just think it is foolish to attach it to mankind and devious to attempt to force mankind to fix something when they can't even properly support what the problem is and if there is one in the first place.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:34 AM

1,845 posts, read 3,991,874 times
Quite frankly, I am more concerned with the failure of the peer review system... not only in science, but in law, government, education, unions and every other "profession". The self policing peer review is skewed with self serving biases.

This data should have been presented years ago. Failure to release the data should have been a bar to any further funding and an ousting by the peer review instead of the aiding and abetting.

We should get to the bottom of this whole mess. Even if there is AGW, the shenanigans played here should merit jail time and disgrace.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:59 AM

6,651 posts, read 7,375,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post

Stand by it because it'll likely happen because it has many times in the past. And I believe it is this cooling that will hamper mankind more so than warming. It has been noted, warming periods in mans' history has been beneficial on the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies