Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 02:15 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Right because our demographics and population fit that of Scandavian countries. I love how liberals never address the obvious

In all of these examples, I've have yet to witness a UHC country with 300 million + in population that borders a country in which millions of illegals enter their country illegally each year.
Azriver, Americans want health care reform. Why don't Republicans ever address the obvious?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 02:16 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
All you have to do is look at the shape medicare is in to see how its going to run.

I dont get why this gov doesnt fix medicare before trying to start something else.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:40 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Azriver, Americans want health care reform. Why don't Republicans ever address the obvious?
I think they do address the obvious in the field of health care reform. It seems to me that progs are more in favor of public option and care little about reform. Why not just reform those things that will help and forget about public option? Surely those stupid Republicans can see that we can never have government run health care until we arrive at single payer health care. Maybe they do recognize that part and are fighting it. That is certainly the part of the whole thing that I don't like.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:53 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Yes most want reform, not this mess of a bill that we can't afford.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:56 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Sounds like a employee problem in the OP's situation. Those folks would be local right? People who live in the clinic area? Maybe people who live there just aren't that bright.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:56 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think they do address the obvious in the field of health care reform. It seems to me that progs are more in favor of public option and care little about reform. Why not just reform those things that will help and forget about public option? Surely those stupid Republicans can see that we can never have government run health care until we arrive at single payer health care. Maybe they do recognize that part and are fighting it. That is certainly the part of the whole thing that I don't like.
I agree. Why can't we attack the waste and fraud and offer only a catastrophic plan for people? Why do we need to give billions for Sex Ed? Why do we need to include acne medicine? There is too much waste in this current bill that says it addresses waste. I think we could fund St. Judes to help our terminally ill children for far less than the sex ed will cost.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:11 PM

745 posts, read 1,437,732 times
Quote:
Why don't conservatives ever give Scandinavian countries as their examples of government run health care? Oh wait, they are efficient and successful. It weakens their argument.
Listen.... I would take Gov't health care ALL DAY if I thought it would be efficient. IT WONT. How do I know? Name (1) efficient U.S. Gov't program.

Just 1.

Name it...... you can't, can you?

I would rather compare it to U.S. DMV service*

(*NJ DMV was outsourced to private firms and is now efficient. A tak that used to take hours of lines and forms now takes 10 minutes)

Old 10-13-2009, 03:17 PM

301 posts, read 208,470 times
If your kids a little chunky private insurers wont cover them...Did you realize that? Just crazy but that appears to be what some want to be stuck with. No insurance for chunky infants...So sad it's funny.

Fat baby denied health care by gracious health insurnce company. - Page 3 - Baltimore Sun talk forum

Old 10-13-2009, 03:22 PM

301 posts, read 208,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcnyc View Post
Listen.... I would take Gov't health care ALL DAY if I thought it would be efficient. IT WONT. How do I know? Name (1) efficient U.S. Gov't program.

Just 1.

Name it...... you can't, can you?

I would rather compare it to U.S. DMV service*

(*NJ DMV was outsourced to private firms and is now efficient. A tak that used to take hours of lines and forms now takes 10 minutes)
The military can move tons of equipment in days, the post office can transport a postcard across the country in 2 days for less the 2 quarters, TSA was propped up by Bush, yes Bush and has worked effectively. We should demand that OUR government work effectively not turn to a private insurance indistry that doesn't care.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:59 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,946,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheH2OMan
Please quantify WHY healthcare should be considered a right and not a privilege. By the very nature of an inherent right it cannot be in competition with other rights. So-called rights whose provision necessitates stealing the property of others cannot be considered rights since they cannot exist without violating private property rights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anom
Why would I choose to pay for healthcare if I have an "option" of moving into the government's fold? Even if the "option" must be paid for ... if it is cheaper why wouldn't I switch? Isn't this exactly what happened in Hawaii?
It looks like Massachusetts will start rationing, I mean limiting patients hospital options.

I know it is against the narrative (Why don't Republicans ever address the obvious?) but the Republicans do have an alternative health care reform plan - The Patient Choice Act '09

Scandinavia
Value Added Tax = 25%. Excise Taxes: Swedish gov't levied a 100% excise tax increase on snuf in 2006, and another 50% increase in 2007; until that point the industry was growing at 10% per year in terms of volume. Taxes and more taxes (scroll down to taxes in link). Cars are super expensive, you pay 180% registeration fee before paying tax on tax then a VAT of another 90% is added the amount you will be taxed on. One family, one car. Most transportation is by bike or mass trans. Gas is $9. Home ownership is mostly hereditary. 40% of the population of Denmark pays 63% in income tax. Labor union membership is obligatory (http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/articles/percent-101553-tax-taxes.html - broken link). Our guide informed us that she makes $60,000 a year and has to pay about 75 percent in taxes, taking home only $15,000 (http://www.brownsvilleherald.com/articles/percent-101553-tax-taxes.html - broken link).

And about the baby thing. They did eventually cover him. What the article fails to mention - how many insurance plans does Colorado offer and did their obese baby qualify for another plan with maybe a higher premium?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies