Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 01:51 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times

Advertisements

PATTERSON, CA - A t-shirt with President Obama's picture on it didn't go over too well with a teacher in Patterson on Monday. Ten-year-old Remoni Tufono was told to turn it inside out or remove it.

"This is free speech. We live in America. That's what it's all about," said Remoni's mom, Deminica.

But it was the wording on the shirt and not the president's photo that might have broken rules. Those words were "Hi Haters."

Read the comments from the people it was aimed at.

BTW I think the kids mother is stupid for allowing him to wear that shirt....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 02:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
PATTERSON, CA - A t-shirt with President Obama's picture on it didn't go over too well with a teacher in Patterson on Monday. Ten-year-old Remoni Tufono was told to turn it inside out or remove it.

"This is free speech. We live in America. That's what it's all about," said Remoni's mom, Deminica.

But it was the wording on the shirt and not the president's photo that might have broken rules. Those words were "Hi Haters."

of course she is, there is a place and time for everything. Controversial clothing isn't appropriate for school or in the work place. At the other extreme when I was a manager at a large call center we had to ask one of the agents to do the same; his shirt said something like "It's a baby, aborting it is murder" or something to that affect.

Nita

Old 10-13-2009, 02:19 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,158 times
Little kids don't need to be wearing that stuff to school.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:32 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,947,765 times
Quote:
Hi Haters.
Seems there's a fairly strong argument to make that if the 10yo's shirt wasnt provocative and didn't say Hi Haters - it doesn't seem like there would have been a problem with him wearing it.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:32 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
"Hi Haters?" This kid's mom is the quintessential Obama voter. Uninformed and doesn't really care that she's uninformed. As long as the President is black, the message is correct, and the naysayers are "haters." Excellent message to teach her kids. If my kids walked around the house referring to anyone as a "hater," we'd be having a talk.

Isn't there a thread regarding why there are so many black thugs? Well, based on what i'm reading, chalk one to the "another thug comin' right up!" column.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:46 PM

841 posts, read 2,260,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
"Hi Haters?" This kid's mom is the quintessential Obama voter. Uninformed and doesn't really care that she's uninformed. As long as the President is black, the message is correct, and the naysayers are "haters." Excellent message to teach her kids. If my kids walked around the house referring to anyone as a "hater," we'd be having a talk.

Isn't there a thread regarding why there are so many black thugs? Well, based on what i'm reading, chalk one to the "another thug comin' right up!" column.
I've yet to see how you differ from the quintessential Obama voter, aside from deviations in political ideaology. I mean, post after post you mange to show yourself as a typical dogmatic conservative who's preposterously proud in being a zealout. But, to each his own right?

Old 10-13-2009, 02:47 PM

301 posts, read 208,531 times
Better a shirt than a bible.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:51 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
It was entirely appropriate for the school to do what it did, there is no blanket "freedom of speech/expression" in public schools and I fully support them in that regard. The school administrators, of all people, have a grip on what will or won't cause disruption among the student body.

Lot's of kids get told to turn their shirts inside out on a daily basis, I don't know why this one had to make the news.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:52 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:

Stupid. That would be someone truly ignorant and more than likely young playing at being a parent.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:53 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARL_MARX View Post
I've yet to see how you differ from the quintessential Obama voter, aside from deviations in political ideaology. I mean, post after post you mange to show yourself as a typical dogmatic conservative who's preposterously proud in being a zealout. But, to each his own right?
There are plenty of derivations of the "quintessential Obama voter," and I can spot one a mile a way. It's really not that hard to do. In this case, it's a black lady who see's no problem with her son wearing a "Hi Hater's" t-shirt. One doesn't have to dig deep to see the ideological imbalance that plays out in her brain. Whitey is not at the top of her friend's list. Obama is here to save us all. Unfortunately, I'd wager that if you engaged her on the issues of the day, she'd be ill informed and hardly able to capture Obama's stance. I see it daily, in person, and judging on her inability to differentiate between a T-shirt that inflames, and a T-shirt that show's pride, i'm of the opinion that she'd fit quite nicely into the ill-informed category. And we all know there are plenty of Obama-voter's that stand with her in unison. Quintessential indeed.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 10-13-2009 at 03:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies