Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 05:55 PM

17,371 posts, read 16,511,485 times

Advertisements

Obama needs to get consumer confidence back. If he can do that, the economy will start to improve.

Right now people are feeling as though the rug has been pulled out from underneath them. With recent sudden losses in investment accounts and home equity - the middle class has been shaken. They are cutting back on their spending, jobs are being lost, Obamageddon doesn't seem that far fetched to many because they have no faith in the system - they're pulling back and saving their pennies and stocking up on canned goods.

Obama needs to look at what those people are going through (and I'm talking about the ones who have always played by the rules) and he needs to instill confidence in them that the system does work. That fair play still matters. If he can do that, things will get a whole lot better for everyone.

Let's pray that he does it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 05:56 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
You forgot the locusts.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:57 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeker2012 View Post
A trends forecaster says the current economic "rebound" from last winter's Wall Street collapse of banks, insurance companies and automobile manufacturers is an artificial blip created by 'phantom money printed out of thin air backed by nothing. And Gerald Celente of TrendsResearch.com, says people right now should be bracing for "the greatest recession" which will hit worldwide and will mark the "decline of empire America." Crop failures could be among the minor concerns."Here we are in 2012. Food riots, tax protests, farmer rebellions, student revolts, squatter diggins, homeless uprisings, tent cities, ghost malls, general strikes, bossnappings, kidnappings, industrial saboteurs, gang warfare, mob rule, terror," he writes for a quarterly publication that is available through subscription on his website. Celente - People Should Brace For 'Greatest Depression'
we will all move to Saudia, Kuwait, or another Freedom country

Old 10-13-2009, 06:07 PM

301 posts, read 208,531 times
I predict that several insane people on this wacked out board will take this seriously...Oops, too late.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:36 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,661 times
Beans, Bullets and gold

Old 10-13-2009, 06:49 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,450 times
They are no concern to me because they are part of the problem. The phoenix will rise from the ashes. It may speak chinese...but it will rise from the ashes. Unfortunately the losers will cause the good people to lose as well. Perhaps the prepared will survive but what will be left to enjoy. A devolution that no modern society has ever experienced.
Left to the craft and genius of the individual it could have been tremendous. Turned over to the collective mind, the village idiots, it will be the mediocrity of the third world. The planet has become infested with human dung. Look to LA, San Francisco, Chicago, Rawanda, Somalia. It is all the same state of moral, ethical, sociological and biological decay. Our society has been destroyed by the established social mores of the eletists both the eletist erudite and the eletist capitalist. Indeed greed and the resentment of greed are both the enemies that will likely destroy the good people that played by the rules.
There are many good people they simply have no power. If it comes to that and it may, I hope I live to see the destroyers swing from the white house lawn. Republicans and democrats alike. By commission or omission they are all guilty of the tragedy that may await us. I hope I am wrong but I don't intend to be beguiled by the right or the left, particularly the left. I would as soon be dead as accept the human degredation the left proposes, the destruction of individualism, the impositin of collectivism, the reduction of the human spirit to the common denominator.
This is the spirit of Obama, the spirit the left would install upon all of us. They will b ethe first to whimper and beg for protection, weak and pitiful, trampeled upon and devoured by the beast that can arise in and out of humanity with a potential catalyst of events that emanate from the imposition of ideas that are marxist and subscribed to by the Obamanites.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:50 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeker2012 View Post
A trends forecaster says the current economic "rebound" from last winter's Wall Street collapse of banks, insurance companies and automobile manufacturers is an artificial blip created by 'phantom money printed out of thin air backed by nothing. And Gerald Celente of TrendsResearch.com, says people right now should be bracing for "the greatest recession" which will hit worldwide and will mark the "decline of empire America." Crop failures could be among the minor concerns."Here we are in 2012. Food riots, tax protests, farmer rebellions, student revolts, squatter diggins, homeless uprisings, tent cities, ghost malls, general strikes, bossnappings, kidnappings, industrial saboteurs, gang warfare, mob rule, terror," he writes for a quarterly publication that is available through subscription on his website. Celente - People Should Brace For 'Greatest Depression'
Tent cities? They're already here...

YouTube - TENT CITIES , UNEMPLOYMENT , HOMELESSNESS GROWING

Old 10-13-2009, 08:04 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
The Chicago Cubs win the World Series!!!

Old 10-13-2009, 08:55 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,516 times
Karmageddon

Old 10-13-2009, 08:58 PM

61 posts, read 78,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
He's predicted the same terrorism, war, tax revolts and economic destruction every year since 1993...why stop now?
Thank you for posting that, do you have any links or sources that would confirm this? I would definitely be interested in rereading it 16 years later. I'm that kind of guy, recently I spent some time reading old McLaughlin Group transcripts from 1999, they are sometimes interesting to read and compare to today. I can see now that everything that Bush turned out to be, could've been predicted and was predicted by Pat Buchanan. Pat was in the same spot Ron Paul was in recently, the truth getting dishonestly sidelined by Neocons, who ruined America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies