Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 07:23 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,795,824 times

Advertisements

It could have been worse.
The insurance industry wanted stricter penalties and higher fees for those who failed to buy health insurance.

I personally don't think people should face penalties. At the same time, I worry about the cost we'll all pay when those without insurance go to the emergency room instead of visiting a general physician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 07:29 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,717,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
If you Have a car you have to take responsibility for it, but you're right, you don't have to own a car. If you have a body, you have no choice and you have to take responsibility for it just like your car.

Hey, the government was ready to take over responsibility for your body with universal health care but you guys shot it down. Now you're complaining that you have to be responsible for your own body's care. Make up your mind.
I find it interesting that the mantra of the left when it comes to abortion is, "keep the government off of my body", yet when it comes to insurance they want the government to control their body. So, pro choice when it comes to murdering pre born baby's, but no choice when it comes to health insurance. Got it.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Unless they've updated the two proposals, your dad would pay a fee each year for the privilege of going without insurance. He wouldnt be "forced" to buy insurance.

No one would be "forced" to buy insurance.
Of course he would. He must purchase insurance or pay a fine. In other words, no choice. As I stated in my op; expect a huge class action law suit, if this goes through.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:32 PM

11,762 posts, read 14,667,164 times
Maybe you should retain Orly Taitz.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:33 PM

14 posts, read 14,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Hey, the government was ready to take over responsibility for your body with universal health care
I don't WANT the government taking over responsibility for my body. That's my responsibility. Besides, that's what the OP is talking about in the first place.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:34 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,795,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
I find it interesting that the mantra of the left when it comes to abortion is, "keep the government off of my body", yet when it comes to insurance they want the government to control their body. So, pro choice when it comes to murdering pre born baby's, but no choice when it comes to health insurance. Got it.
Riiight....righties scream about keeping government out of private medical decisions yet want to make abortion illegal.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:34 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,493,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Everyone is gonna be forced to have insurance or pay a fine. HUGE class action lawsuit coming. HUGE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I actually think it will be rather quick, and with deep pockets funding it.. Just think, if its successful, what other ramifications it would have. Social Security for example.
But won't you have to hire some LIBERAL trial lawyer to represent you??? And my guess is that he will be familiar with the concept of sovereign immunity and will have read the Federal Tort Claims Act of 1948. You should too before you go spending any of this anticiptaed loot setting yourselves up in some remote cabin in the mountains of Montana...

Old 10-13-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Your Dad sure sounds irresponsible....if he has an accident or gets a serious illness his family may suffer.....
You don't get it.....It's his choice to be irresponsible. He does not want health insurance. He's super healthy, eats a Greek Mediterranean diet, doesn't smoke or drink, exercises regularly, and he wants to pay cash if he does go to the doctor.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
It could have been worse.
The insurance industry wanted stricter penalties and higher fees for those who failed to buy health insurance.

I personally don't think people should face penalties. At the same time, I worry about the cost we'll all pay when those without insurance go to the emergency room instead of visiting a general physician.
So you're against illegal immigration?

Old 10-13-2009, 07:36 PM

436 posts, read 874,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel2Reel View Post
I don't WANT the government taking over responsibility for my body. That's my responsibility. Besides, that's what the OP is talking about in the first place.
Don't forget: it is only a public option. If you buy a private section or private plan instead of a public plan, you won't go to jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies