Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 01:18 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
In Preston Hollow Elementary, the principal allowed white children to be in classes amongst themselves. I don't want to pass judgement or a biased view. Read the article and let me know me what you think

News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | News: Education (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/education/stories/111806dnmetprestonhollow.31e7a33.html - broken link)
Disgusting.

"The judge also had sharp words for the district's attorneys, who argued that segregation would cause no harm to the minority students because their teachers used the same curriculum as those teaching white students.

"'The court is baffled that in this day and age, that [DISD relied] on what is, essentially, a "separate but equal' argument,"' the judge wrote.
"Teacher Janet Leon told the court that 'neighborhood classes' were predominantly made up of white students because 'the people who live in the Preston Hollow neighborhood, who are the majority being white, would want their children grouped together.'

"To aid in the recruitment of more affluent whites, the school's PTA created a brochure for parents that featured almost all white students. Hispanic parents had shown up at the school the day photos were being taken for the brochure, but the principal blocked their entry into the classroom where the photos were being taken, the judge's ruling states."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 01:22 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
If whites want to be separate, what right does anyone have to tell them otherwise? Have you people ever heard of freedom of association? I swear minorities will follow whites to the ends of the earth with their hands out.

Old 10-18-2009, 03:07 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,410,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The last statement is pretty much true. Everywhere whites go, minorities are right behind them.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:12 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,294,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingStar View Post
Uh-huh....don't know much about charter schools do you?

Eventually, the Whites will figure out that they pay the taxes, and they deserve some fruits from it. They cannot and will not subject their kids to poor education and poor culture.

Why does CD attract so many ignorant bigots and anti-White racists?
How is this example comparable to Charter schools? Charter schools do not separate their classes based exclusively on race as was the case here. You are obviously missing the point

Old 10-19-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
If whites want to be separate, what right does anyone have to tell them otherwise? Have you people ever heard of freedom of association? I swear minorities will follow whites to the ends of the earth with their hands out.
They have that right, it's called a private school

Old 10-19-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
For the same reason that I consider a silver car silver or a blue car blue. Some things are what they are. A kid with an IQ of 90 can no more be considered gifted than a silver car can be considered blue. Certain professions or occupations require a higher level of cognitive ability. You crazy democrats are always ranting about teaching evolution then cry like girls when the reality of evolution affects you. Go figure.

Oh. Equal treatment is different than treating everyone equally. Think about it.
So higher IQ is limited to those who are White?

Old 10-19-2009, 11:16 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
LOL you would swear wrong. I tend to shy away from large crowds of white people...I start having flashbacks from my former lives I almost had a heart attack the other day in Bed, Bath and Beyond then I realized I was in the bedding section...whew

Old 10-26-2009, 07:39 AM

5 posts, read 4,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingStar View Post

These parents probably will now have to flee, as well they should, and likely move to places like Allen, TX where they can use the schools and have a proper environment for their children within the context of the culture they choose for their offspring in a free country.
As a negro who managed to bring down my advance placement classes in Allen, TX while I attended high school there, and who had a negro black mother who taught in the Allen Independent School District, I guess teaching the poor white children in a sub par manner, and who has a negro brother who also must have brought down the performance of his fellow white students; I can attest I pay taxes just like the whites and asians, and my GPA was much higher than 90% of my graduating high school class in Allen, TX. I love how my skin color alone bought the other students down academically.

I wonder if my child will only bring down the class halfway since they are half white.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
I think Bush kids went to this school. I thought the article said Laura Bush was on the PTA at one point.

Also, the Bush family was not there when this event happened.

Parents can do what they want. The point IS that discrimination based on race is ILLEGAL. Period. The principal was dead wrong to set up special schedules so that white students did not have to interact with the Black and Hispanic majority.

I looked at the test scores for this school and they aren't bad at all. They look pretty good. SO the Black and Hispanic majority must be doing quite well.
You make too much sense. If white parents want their children in white only schools, they should either homeschool or put them in private school. I currently work in a charter school as a teacher, and the school is over 40% black and 50% hispanic and it is a high performing school, most of our students end up on scholarships to Jesuit, Hockaday, as well as many elite boarding schools throughout the country, and they don't seem to struggle once they get there. Maybe it is because we as a charter school provide them access to quality education, even with them being minorities. We have the advantage of smaller classes, longer school days to allow time to do homework during school hours with access to teachers and tutors, things that many low income children don't have access to because maybe their parents work two or three jobs to keep a roof over their head.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post

Naturally, this has nothing to do with the OP, but it is important to remember when discussing matters of race, intelligence, and education.
Because race always equals intelligence. Just FYI, most black people in America with slave ancestry have white and native american ad mixture. Some of us more than that. Maybe it is the whiteness bringing down intelligence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies