Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 05:02 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,636,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
No one has suggested that temp. is static.

your problem is, you have yet to prove that the lack of stability in temperature is a result of human activity.
It is quite surprising how many "liberal environmentalists" believe we live in the paradise called Eden, where temperatures never vary from an average!

I thought they brushed off this Biblical paradise as fable long ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 06:19 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,782,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I would not declare 32 typhoons to be whopping amount since the 50 year average is 31 typhoons/year.
I was referring to just Pacific storms. 31 average sounds more like global average including Atlantic stoms. The site I looked as said 17 avegare for pacific typhoons.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:10 AM

38,300 posts, read 22,322,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
You realize that historical scientific data proves that new Orleans was hit by storms of the same magnitude as Katrina numerous times over the last 300 years? The difference is people used to know when to come in out of the rain.
Katrina would have been a footnote if the state and local governments had done their jobs and looked out for the safety and welfare of the people, ie... repairing the levees and actually having a disaster plan.

The disaster plan for New Orleans was to herd people into the middle of the flooding, the super dome, and then hope and pray someone comes to help.

The levees were ignored, as the state and local government wasted money elsewhere, and their US senate and congress brought back pork projects to build boardwalks, a Hooters restaurant, libraries and museums.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:44 AM

20,496 posts, read 12,429,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Katrina would have been a footnote if the state and local governments had done their jobs and looked out for the safety and welfare of the people, ie... repairing the levees and actually having a disaster plan.

The disaster plan for New Orleans was to herd people into the middle of the flooding, the super dome, and then hope and pray someone comes to help.

The levees were ignored, as the state and local government wasted money elsewhere, and their US senate and congress brought back pork projects to build boardwalks, a Hooters restaurant, libraries and museums.
Being from Louisiana I resent your exposing the truth. my peeps back home have long been a corrupt bunch.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:26 AM

206 posts, read 196,468 times
I guess the new report about the polar ice cap being totally melted in the summer within a decade or so is because of the last few years of 'global cooling'

Old 10-15-2009, 10:36 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,223,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
OP - Where are the storms? I would say the western Pacific region for this Typhoon season and for the last month. Now a remnant of one of those is flooding California.
Plus there are big storms hitting the Northeast today!

Old 10-15-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz affair View Post
I guess the new report about the polar ice cap being totally melted in the summer within a decade or so is because of the last few years of 'global cooling'
No the report is more global warming freakout from the usual suspects.

These are also the people that said the years following 1998 would continue to warm. that didn’t happen

These are the same people that told us storms would continue (after 2005) to increase in number and intensity. That didn’t happen.

These are the same people that told us the poor polar bears were drowning. That never happened.

So forgive me if I call your “news report” about what may happen in a few years a stinking pile of poo….

Old 10-15-2009, 01:11 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,588,293 times
we have been having them on the coasts with increasing frequency and intensity. but many dont remember, denial will do that to you.
the rest of the world is keenly aware of them but not us. but then again we know it all and the rest of the world are fools right?

Old 10-15-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
we have been having them on the coasts with increasing frequency and intensity. but many dont remember, denial will do that to you.
the rest of the world is keenly aware of them but not us. LOL.
not according to the actual data....

please review the record....

we are at a 30 year low in storm intensity and frequency.

see attachement in this post

//www.city-data.com/forum/11188363-post23.html

Old 10-15-2009, 01:22 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,588,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
not according to the actual data....

please review the record....

we are at a 30 year low in storm intensity and frequency.

see attachement in this post

//www.city-data.com/forum/11188363-post23.html
what was that in florida and new orleans in the last 10 years, a summer shower? have you tried driving in georgia of late? but yes i agree according to the best scientific minds in the last 3 seconds everything has been perfect, people are always overreacting. for mother nature 24 months is not a long time to clock a pattern. unless of course denial is a river in egypt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies