Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 03:40 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Islam in America is no different then any other hard-line, fundamentalist religion, they operate as close to the law as possible to forward their views of their religions.

And they have every right to do so, within the law.
Problem is what they want is to have all nations ruled by Sharia (sp?) law which would include executing homosexuals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 03:43 PM

436 posts, read 873,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Problem is what they want is to have all nations ruled by Sharia (sp?) law which would include executing homosexuals.
Then if you disagree with this religion, you have the freedom to leave that country

Old 10-14-2009, 03:49 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,411,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Where is the discrimination? If you don't subscribe to a particular set of beliefs as a certain religion or church, you are not being discriminated against. You are simply not a participant. Therefore, if a person is gay and somehow a Muslim, and the Islamic religion outright rejects homosexuality, you are not a true participant of Islam. I don't see the discrimination. I do see a difference in theological ideology.
In all but six states, gays cannot enjoy any Equality of Marriage thanks to Christians. In municipaliteis across the nation, they are discriminated against openly in housing and employment thanks to the same people.

However, as you claimed in the post I responded to, this is perfectly acceptable and gays should "thank their stars" they weren't born in a Muslim theocracy.

And above you take it a step further by claiming that gay Muslims aren't "true Muslims", and gay Christians aren't "true Christians" either.

There is no such thing as a "true" Abrahamic, especially considering the many sects that all three Abrahamic religions contain, all claiming the title of the "true" religion.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:49 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,730,791 times
I'm sorry but this thread is just plain dumb. Not every organization--especially ones that are religious or private--- is going to cater to your needs/beliefs. No, you're really not that special. Move on. Shocker.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:09 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,946,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
I'm sorry but this thread is just plain dumb.
Not really pointless, I had my reasons. Needed to point out that Islam is not a very tolerant religion. Period. Additionally needed to point out that even in America, there is no progressive muslim voice. If there's no single progressive muslim voice/leader in the States, think about the mentality of muslim leaders in the ME and Asia that we try to negotiate and work with. And based on muslim treatment to the gay minority, it becomes obvious that the majority of Muslims do not treat women with equality either. Which makes Sharia Law unacceptable in any form in Western Civ.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:17 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,007,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Not really pointless, I had my reasons. Needed to point out that Islam is not a very tolerant religion. Period. Additionally needed to point out that even in America, there is no progressive muslim voice. If there's no single progressive muslim voice/leader in the States, think about the mentality of muslim leaders in the ME and Asia that we try to negotiate and work with. And based on muslim treatment to the gay minority, it becomes obvious that the majority of Muslims do not treat women with equality either. Which makes Sharia Law unacceptable in any form in Western Civ.

No religion is a "very tolerant religion" (Unitarian Universalists and the Church of Elvis, aside)...the purpose of a religion is to give people a sense of community and belonging...Therefore, somebody always has to be left out otherwise the religion wouldn't feel so comforting, protecting, purposeful, etc etc
you know, the "us against them" mentality is a very big seller to many people...just turn on your tv news...it's all there, everyday...

Old 10-14-2009, 05:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
in bagdad if they "come out" they will never make it to the mosque.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
ditto glad you said it 1st rep comin.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:38 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Well that's just a silly statement. Some Islamic countries certainly do have more oppressive views of homosexuality, but your statements is the same as saying "all Christians do not eat fish on Fridays". There are a lot of moderate Muslims in the world as there are moderate Christians.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:39 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
No religion is a "very tolerant religion" (Unitarian Universalists and the Church of Elvis, aside)...the purpose of a religion is to give people a sense of community and belonging...Therefore, somebody always has to be left out otherwise the religion wouldn't feel so comforting, protecting, purposeful, etc etc
you know, the "us against them" mentality is a very big seller to many people...just turn on your tv news...it's all there, everyday...
And Pastafarians!!!

RAmen

It's kinda like when you're a kid and the boys decide to have a 'boys only club'. If it was only a 'club' it wouldn't be special. I know plenty of Christian churches and Jewish Temples that will not allow openly homosexual members. They may not say it outright, but they'll make your lives miserable until you quit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies