Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-10-2009, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Way,Way Up On The Old East Coast
2,196 posts, read 1,987,558 times
Reputation: 1089

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Let's see.... so far Mr President has... bought a dog..... went to Denmark.....bought GM.....

He's done absolutely nothing for our economy, and is not even trying. The only thing he cares about is that damn health care plan, which probably won't pass anyway.

If I had wasted an entire year at my own job like our president did I'd be looking for a job come review time.
Greeting's,

My question is simply this ..... In all honesty how could Mr. President's job performance thus far possibly even rate a review based on the mounting evidence of such a tremendous lack of any credible accomplisment's thus far !

I must admit the POTUS talks a great game .... but as of yet his delivery percentages on any of his excessive rhetoric has appeared to dismally and shamefully equal a big fat "Goose Egg" !

Without a doubt this X Jr. Senator is in "Well Over His Head" and this is becoming more evident by the day.

The Presidency of the United States is not and has never been a job for "Rank Amateur's" ! Vastly experienced political and patriotic leadership is paramount for this most powerful and influential office on earth !

As we consider the current "Nightmare" or White House "Political Circus," one may rightfully deduce that the future of this great nation my be summed up in WW11 wording : The Issue Is In Doubt"... and it truly is.

Thank You / Lamar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-10-2009, 08:00 PM
 
9,879 posts, read 7,982,358 times
Reputation: 2521
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post

Without a doubt this X Jr. Senator is in "Well Over His Head" and this is becoming more evident by the day.

The Presidency of the United States is not and has never been a job for "Rank Amateur's" ! Vastly experienced political and patriotic leadership is paramount for this most powerful and influential office on earth !

As we consider the current "Nightmare" or White House "Political Circus," one may rightfully deduce that the future of this great nation my be summed up in WW11 wording : The Issue Is In Doubt"... and it truly is.
You do remember the President of the last 8 years, don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 08:07 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,052 posts, read 84,131,087 times
Reputation: 27718
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You do remember the President of the last 8 years, don't you?
Bush had some experience under his belt as Governor of Texas.
Bush also served 2 terms not one. The majority of Americans re-elected him.

Obama came from nowhere and had 0 leadership behind him and few years in Congress. Not exactly a shining resume for President.

He has numerous czars and advisors to help him. He does not have past experience to rely on to make these types of decisions. He hesitates, he stumbles, he deflects, he ignores and does not address those decisions that have not or are not working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 08:15 PM
 
Location: Full time RV"er
2,404 posts, read 6,555,709 times
Reputation: 1497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Foreclosures need to happen to let the market correct itself. Many people can stay in a home now up to a year without making a payment before evicted but yet the house needs to be sold to someone who can afford the expense.
And just who would that be? ( some one that can afford the outrageously over priced homes that they will most likely loose anyway,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 09:11 PM
 
Location: SARASOTA, FLORIDA
11,486 posts, read 15,246,338 times
Reputation: 4894
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
They tried. The GOP fought to kill it.

That's what is going on here. The foreclosures are occurring because of long-term loan practices (completed before the economic crash) and the continued economic disaster begun by conservative's policies. We tried to put a more robust recovery plan, but the GOP and other idiots fought it. Now that it's not working as fast as it could have, they are making fools of themselves by complaining.

One more time for you.

The GOP cannot kill a single bill.

The dems have the majority to do whatever they want.

Yet, they choose to worry about the climate and how to scam us with HC instead of saving peoples homes.

The demwit party has their priorities wrong.

Add in we now see that there are more homeless then ever before shows they could care less about those people and their homes.


NYT: Obama's Anti-Foreclosure Plan Not Working

Obama and his *******s in congress are doing NOTHING to help the average American like they promised.

The gift that keeps on giving, Obama and this rat infested congress.

Last edited by Sunny-Days-in-Florida; 12-10-2009 at 09:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 09:23 PM
 
Location: SARASOTA, FLORIDA
11,486 posts, read 15,246,338 times
Reputation: 4894
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You do remember the President of the last 8 years, don't you?

Sure do, the one that 44% of those recently polled wish he was still in office instead of Obama.

Even Bush was not this bad. Not even close.

Record unemployment, foreclosures, homeless, manufacturing jobs gone, appeasing terrorist, giving terrorist rights as US citizens and the list goes on and on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 09:30 PM
 
Location: just here
1,773 posts, read 1,259,530 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Sure do, the one that 44% of those recently polled wish he was still in office instead of Obama.

Even Bush was not this bad. Not even close.

Record unemployment, foreclosures, homeless, manufacturing jobs gone, appeasing terrorist, giving terrorist rights as US citizens and the list goes on and on.
I just read somewhere, can't remember where, that foreclosures were going down & new home sales were of course increasing. And who's giving terrorists rights in this country? Could you give examples, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 09:34 PM
 
Location: SARASOTA, FLORIDA
11,486 posts, read 15,246,338 times
Reputation: 4894
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
I just read somewhere, can't remember where, that foreclosures were going down & new home sales were of course increasing. And who's giving terrorists rights in this country? Could you give examples, thanks.
Do you have links to your readings?

Foreclosures are at an all time high right now period.

New homes sales show a small increase only because they were so low over the last 9 months any small surge looks great.

In case you missed it, your gitmo terrorists are being tried in NYC with full rights that you and I have, only they will get better attorneys and more rights in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 09:38 PM
 
Location: just here
1,773 posts, read 1,259,530 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Do you have links to your readings?

Foreclosures are at an all time high right now period.

New homes sales show a small increase only because they were so low over the last 9 months any small surge looks great.

In case you missed it, your gitmo terrorists are being tried in NYC with full rights that you and I have, only they will get better attorneys and more rights in the end.
LOL, I've actually been looking for that link for awhile now. And I've been hearing for at least a month that foreclosures have been going down...maybe it's not at the rate that you're looking for, but it's happening. I can't remember where I just read it. And I'm not sure why you're sniffing your nose at an increase in home sales...shouldn't you be happy about that? And, I'm sorry, I don't know where you got the idea that those in gitmo are "my" terrorists, what a stupid thing to say. However, they are under our jurisdiction which means they go thru the same law process as everyone. You don't like it, take it up w/someone then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:20 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top