Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 08:44 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's all in the definition. I agree with you - white trash types aren't the same as rednecks or hillbillies. Rednecks tend to have working class values, often the hardest working people you could ever meet. White trash are what you see on Jerry Springer, most are welfare dependent.

A redneck might want to drive a nice truck and a truck is a good work vehicle but white trash can't afford a nice truck because their welfare checks go to alcohol and pot and meth.
So I could find many "white trashers" in the south side of Chicago?

Old 01-23-2011, 08:48 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,180,670 times
For example, on this forum, I can immediately tell who is WT and who isn't and it has nothing to do with their political or religious affiliation. For example, there is a difference between the conservatives who are critical of Obama and don't support him and the people who think Obama is a racist and wasn't born in the United States. I wouldn't label the former as being WT even though they are conservatives. I do consider the latter to be a part of this WT culture[/quote]

IMHO this statement above contradicts itself in what you believe and how you feel. If you have problems with white people or dislikes just say so and move on...don't try to pull Obama and beliefs into your own racist white trash agenda!

Old 01-23-2011, 08:57 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl-r View Post
For example, on this forum, I can immediately tell who is WT and who isn't and it has nothing to do with their political or religious affiliation. For example, there is a difference between the conservatives who are critical of Obama and don't support him and the people who think Obama is a racist and wasn't born in the United States. I wouldn't label the former as being WT even though they are conservatives. I do consider the latter to be a part of this WT culture

IMHO this statement above contradicts itself in what you believe and how you feel. If you have problems with white people or dislikes just say so and move on...don't try to pull Obama and beliefs into your own racist white trash agenda![/quote]
How are we supposed to pick out the Jared Lee Loughners ? The OP seems delusional , hateful and unable to get along with others.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:22 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
OK, putting the whole WT thang aside for just a moment, I think it is fair to say that there is a certain "cultural" association among the many folks here with certain "attitudes" re: things like "Patriotism" and the "Flag", a "strong military", "education", a distrust of "outsiders" and "elites", along with a general preference for a more "independent" and "rural" lifestyle.

So yeah, everybody's got different political opinions, but the values of one's "culture" and ancestry have a lot to do with it too. It might be reflected in a choice of words or certain "hot button" issues, but sometimes I think you can pickup on those kinda things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies