Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 11:58 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The conservatives put her there when they repeat and spread her missives, whether about President Obama or any other issue.

Since she is quoted and reported on, the question of her worthiness is irrelevant, and I will continue to respond when I think I have something to share.

I'm certainly not adverse to being updated on her latest "moves", in fact, I wait with bated breath to hear her actually make a constructive, substantive move.
Then what are you complaining about? How odd that you complain and ask why those who favor her continue to post threads about her in the "news", but have yet to ask the same question for those who post bash thread after bash thread about her.

I think I know the answer.

Quote:
but if you don't want commentary to her actions, why post on them?
Did I ever say I don't want commentary? Noooooooo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 12:08 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Then what are you complaining about? How odd that you complain and ask why those who favor her continue to post threads about her in the "news", but have yet to ask the same question for those who post bash thread after bash thread about her.

I think I know the answer.

Did I ever say I don't want commentary? Noooooooo.
Here is where we originally started out:

Originally Posted by sanrene
But I don't. In fact, I don't think she will run in 2012, nor do I think she should. It is obama and the Left that put her on a pedestal - responding to every utterance and criticism

Then DC said: But if you post on every little thing she does, it seems that you are asking for people to respond in some way. I realize that you aren't the only CD poster that frequently puts up Palin posts, and I realize that there is another poster who probably does so more often, and in a negative way versus your more positive posts, but if you don't want commentary to her actions, why post on them?

You said that the Left put her on a pedestal by responding to every utterance and criticism.

I pointed out that on this thread, the Left was responding to your OP, that no one is putting her on a pedestal, but that you are providing a podium for her "every utterance."

I guess what I'm saying is that your remark about the pedestal seems to be critical of liberals, like Palin being in the news is all the fault of liberals. When the actuality IMO is that Palin is seeking the limelight, is seeking being in the news and that when posters start threads about her, they are actually fishing for liberal responses to Palin remarks and actions. Then, when they get those responses, they blame liberals for any controversy to begin with.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
You said that the Left put her on a pedestal by responding to every utterance and criticism.

I pointed out that on this thread, the Left was responding to your OP, that no one is putting her on a pedestal, but that you are providing a podium for her "every utterance."
Not just the Left on this forum.

Not critical of the Left at all, in fact, we have the Left to thank for her unrestricted, unfettered access to the media and the national stage.

I have said all along, she is much more valuable being "out there", talking about obama's policies and voicing her own opinions on a variety of subjects.

Quote:
Then DC said: But if you post on every little thing she does, it seems that you are asking for people to respond in some way. I realize that you aren't the only CD poster that frequently puts up Palin posts, and I realize that there is another poster who probably does so more often, and in a negative way versus your more positive posts, but if you don't want commentary to her actions, why post on them?
Commentary is fine. Complaining about starting a thread about Palin is not, unless you apply the same principle to your brethren.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:14 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Exclamation lol...Suffer?

Quote:
Palin Plans New Political Group - Washington Wire - WSJ

No doubt she will. Virtually every peep out of her gets enormous media attention, which will work out perfectly as she pounds obama on his disastrous policies.

lol...the acronym for Palin's new group is Sufor....

you can't make this stuff up....

~In today's News Sufor was at it again promoting ex-Governor quitter Palin's tour of more pain for the US taxpayers as she wrangles with the concepts of governance, Foreign Policy, and Geography~

Old 10-15-2009, 12:16 PM

You wish.

I suspect she will be driving the Left insane in the coming months.

Just think, every speech covered by the media, every policy speech and commentary regarding obama's governance covered by the media, the scramble by the media for interviews, the fundraising for GOP candidates in 2010, for sure to fire them up.

Good Times ahead.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:21 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Who was it the other day that asked why the media and lefties won't quit talking about Palin

I love it! She is ripping Republican party in two

Old 10-15-2009, 12:21 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Quote:
You wish.

I suspect she will be driving the Left insane in the coming months.
Probably so, but then again, she has so much experience at being insane that she is imminently qualified for an honorary doctorate in crazy.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:23 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Not just the Left on this forum.

Not critical of the Left at all, in fact, we have the Left to thank for her unrestricted, unfettered access to the media and the national stage.

I have said all along, she is much more valuable being "out there", talking about obama's policies and voicing her own opinions on a variety of subjects.

Commentary is fine. Complaining about starting a thread about Palin is not, unless you apply the same principle to your brethren.
I think you took it as complaining, when it wasn't meant as a complaint at all. Just an observation that when people start a thread, they will receive a mix of responses.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:25 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
The Republican Party has officially entered straight jacket territory - There's the Steele Party, The Teabaggers, Palin's Suforrers, Limbaughs Dittoheads....

Did I miss any?

Ah...the quiet, embarrassed "real Republicans" who want nothing to do with any of these nuts...lol

Old 10-15-2009, 12:31 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
The Republican Party has officially entered straight jacket territory - There's the Steele Party, The Teabaggers, Palin's Suforrers, Limbaughs Dittoheads....

Did I miss any?

Ah...the quiet, embarrassed "real Republicans" who want nothing to do with any of these nuts...lol
Well I know I don't hate her, in fact I love her like one loves a cuddly teddy bear. I think she should be offered a 24/7 infomercial channel and allowed to give speeches everyday with youtube clips of the election every so often.

She is like the David Koresh or Billy Mayes of craze, and I can only support her every chance I get. When the William Buckley type conservatives see that "this" is where some in the GOP want to go, hopefully they will stand up and take charge. I mean even Lindsey Graham is worried about the Ron Paul type Repubicans from 'taking over'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies