Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 05:26 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,197,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABART View Post
The government has been borrowing (stealing) our money. I don't know how you got out of paying taxes, fica and social security taxes, but bully for you. The majority of Americans are forced to have their hard earned money stolen from them from the politicians and now they don't want to give it back to those it rightfully belongs. If you think it's bad now, wait a couple years.
I was able to opt out of paying into Social Security and Medicare over 30 years ago.

By doing so, I can never collect any social security nor any benefits - ever
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 08:41 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,672,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I was able to opt out of paying into Social Security and Medicare over 30 years ago.

By doing so, I can never collect any social security nor any benefits - ever
What kind of position does this put you in? Is it good or bad?

Old 10-16-2009, 10:16 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,197,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LABART View Post
What kind of position does this put you in? Is it good or bad?
Personally - I think, no - I KNOW - it puts me in a FANTASTIC position.

I am VERY happy

Old 10-16-2009, 11:48 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,467,969 times
They declared war when the baby boomers started to retire. There is too many of us so we will break the ponzi scheme. It's take a pain pill or die and keep working so you won't collect SS.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:40 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,950,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
They declared war when the baby boomers started to retire. There is too many of us so we will break the ponzi scheme. It's take a pain pill or die and keep working so you won't collect SS.
This post sums it up pretty well.
Just WAAAYYY too many Baby Boomers and the govt. just can't handle the sheer numbers.
OR.....it's just that they don't really want to when they propose health care reform like what this Congress/admin. has.
They KNOW they better try and convince the masses that their idea of reform is best......but a LOT of us know its because they ARE desperate now that so many boomers are retiring and their health is deteriorating. So......they really want to shaft us.....before THEY feel shafted by the enormity of it all and not passing anything that "reforms" it.
They see a LOT of money for THEMSELVES....IF they can pass this legislation. If not......they know they are losing out on a bunch. It sure isn't about QUALITY health care for YOU. It's all about more money for THEM and that's whay they really want to rush this bill through and get a big O signature on it as quickly as they can.
But....they have been stymied lately and they have just GOT to be PO'd they couldn't get this passed sooner and a LOT quieter!
Their stealth approach didn't work with this one, but it has with some BIG bailouts already. The people are watching this administration closer than ever now!
SCAMMERS!
Be on guard, Boomers!
For it is YOUR gen. that will be lucky enough to "test the water" FIRST .....once health care reform passes!
This "reform" was designed for YOU.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:44 AM

1,747 posts, read 1,950,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Just WAAAYYY too many Baby Boomers and the govt. just can't handle the sheer numbers.
OR.....it's just that they don't really want to when they propose health care reform like what this Congress/admin. has.
They KNOW they better try and convince the masses that their idea of reform is best......but a LOT of us know its because they ARE desperate now that so many boomers are retiring and their health will soon, or is already deteriorating. So......they really want to shaft you/us.....before THEY feel shafted by the enormity of it all and not passing anything that "reforms".
We NEED reform but not what this admin. believes we need!
They see a LOT of money for THEMSELVES....IF they can pass this legislation. If not......they know they are losing out on a bunch of money, power and wealth for themselves. It sure isn't about QUALITY health care for YOU. It's all about more money for THEM and that's why they really wanted to rush this bill through and get a big O signature on it as quickly as they could.
But....they have been stymied lately and they have just GOT to be PO'd they couldn't get this passed sooner and a LOT quieter!
Their stealth approach didn't work with this one, but it has with some BIG bailouts already. The people are watching this administration closer than ever now!
SCAMMERS!
Be on guard, Boomers!
For it is YOUR gen. that will be lucky enough to "test the water" FIRST .....once health care reform passes!

Old 10-17-2009, 11:07 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,072,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
war was declared jan. 20, 2009
well said!

Old 10-17-2009, 11:24 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
They KNOW they better try and convince the masses that their idea of reform is best......but a LOT of us know its because they ARE desperate now that so many boomers are retiring and their health will soon, or is already deteriorating. So......they really want to shaft you/us.....before THEY feel shafted by the enormity of it all and not passing anything that "reforms".
We NEED reform but not what this admin. believes we need!
They see a LOT of money for THEMSELVES....IF they can pass this legislation. If not......they know they are losing out on a bunch of money, power and wealth for themselves. It sure isn't about QUALITY health care for YOU. It's all about more money for THEM and that's why they really wanted to rush this bill through and get a big O signature on it as quickly as they could.
SCAMMERS!
Be on guard, Boomers!
Excuse me? Most of us boomers have been contributing to SS since we were in our teens. We put a lot of $ into the program for our own parents. The youngest of the boomers still have 20 years or more to work. Don't count us out too soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
well said!
(Re: Jan. 20, 2009) I. . . don't . . . think. . . so! This kind of talk has been going on for years. The BBs started retiring in 2008 at age 62. Who was president then?

Old 10-17-2009, 12:49 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,326,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Because, for the most part, the elderly do not work. They retire and sit on their butts all day, while the rest of us DO the work.
What job do you think would be appropriate for an 80 year old who wears a hearing aid and walks with a walker??

Old 10-17-2009, 12:50 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,326,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Personally - I think, no - I KNOW - it puts me in a FANTASTIC position.

I am VERY happy
Are/were you a federal employee??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies