Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Anita Dunn listed Mao as one of her top 2 favorite philosophers; should she be fired?
Yes;why the heck is a an outspoken advocate of a brutal communist dictator working in the WH? 44 65.67%
No; she should be allowed to admire Mao, Hiltler, Stalin, Dahmer, etc. Free speech, y'know? 23 34.33%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 09:18 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times

Advertisements

I thought she said "two of her favorite. . .", not her two favorite. In any event, it doesn't make her a communist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 09:24 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Stupid post of the year; congrats.

To compare Bush to Mao, Hitler, etc. just shows how far gone your logic and reasoning is.
No, your response shows how your "logic" is skewed by ideology. No comparison of Bush and Cheney to Mao or Hitler was made except in your mind. Obviously the poster doesn't like Bush and Cheney and that is their right, or did we somehow leave America? Some people like Eminem, while I think he should be shot. Some people think Ann Coulter has a brain, but waddya gonna do? Hitler at least was a good orator. Even the most hated have a trait worth admiring.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:36 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1974 View Post
I told you quoting and liking are two different things.Mother Teresa is not the subject. Why do you keep bringing her up. Is this your way of justifying a communist or your way of trying to deflect?
I keep bringing her up because the only part Glenn Beck focused on was the Mao part, even though Dunn quoted both equally, said they were both her favorite polit. philosophs, etc.

Do you honestly believe that because she quoted him, Dunn = Mao? Do you also believe that because he quoted him, Gingrich = Mao?

Old 10-17-2009, 09:39 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
As to your other questions, yes, endorsing a brutal dictator that may be responsible for more deaths than any human being ever on earth, who's philosophy is in complete contradiction to this nations founding and constitution is a problem.

Is wrong wrong or do numbers count?

IF wrong is wrong: Was allying ourselves with Stalin a good thing? Was backing the murderous Pinochet a good thing? Is allowing the murderous Qadaffi to buy his way from guilt a good thing? Is doing so much trade with human rights trampling China a good thing? Is being cozy with human rights trampling Saudi Arabia a good thing? Etc., etc., etc...............................

Old 10-17-2009, 09:44 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,710,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Is Newt Gingrich a commie, too? He also quoted Mao.

How about George W Bush? He recommended that Rove read a bio of Mao.

Communists. They're everywhere, arent they? Even now....
Did either of them name Mao as their favorite philosopher of all time? Many people have brought this point up; but you've conveniently ignored it.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:45 AM

294 posts, read 412,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I keep bringing her up because the only part Glenn Beck focused on was the Mao part, even though Dunn quoted both equally. And I suppose because Glenn focused on it that's why you're focusing on it.

Do you honestly believe that because she quoted him, Dunn = Mao? Do you also believe that because he quoted him, Gingrich = Mao?
But she made the claim it's one of favorites. Now how do call someone like that your favorite knowing the numbers of dead he caused? GO ahead now anwser the question with a question. KEEP THE SPIN GOING LONG ENOUGH AND YOUR GOING TO PASS OUT

Old 10-17-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Let me pose a question to you and ask that you put aside your leftist ideology and answer it as honestly as possible. If you were to tell someone who your favorite philosopher in the world was, would it be safe to assume that you support their ideas, since they are, after all, "your favorite philosopher on the world?" Please answer this as objectively as possible.

As to your other questions, yes, endorsing a brutal dictator that may be responsible for more deaths than any human being ever on earth, who's philosophy is in complete contradiction to this nations founding and constitution is a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1974 View Post
But she made the claim it's one of favorites. Now how do call someone like that your favorite knowing the numbers of dead he caused? GO ahead now anwser the question with a question. KEEP THE SPIN GOING LONG ENOUGH AND YOUR GOING TO PASS OUT
Quoting someone's political aphorisms approvingly means you endorse them all the way? So Newt, Bush and Rove are all Maoists? Who knew.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:48 AM

OK, I watched the frickin' video, to the point of her statement about Mao. She said what was quoted in CNN, "two of my favorite philosphers". Not, "my all time favorite", etc.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
OK, I watched the fickin' video, to the point of her statement about Mao. She said what was quoted in CNN, "two of my favorite philosphers". Not, "my all time favorite", etc.
I think I speak for all Glenn's GutVolk here when I yell, "SO?!!!!"

Old 10-17-2009, 09:52 AM

Just trying to clarify. That is what I meant in my first post about her statement, and at least three people disagreed.

"Two of my favorites" means to me she has lots of faves, not just Mao and Mother T. Just my scientific nature, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies