Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Anita Dunn listed Mao as one of her top 2 favorite philosophers; should she be fired?
Yes;why the heck is a an outspoken advocate of a brutal communist dictator working in the WH? 44 65.67%
No; she should be allowed to admire Mao, Hiltler, Stalin, Dahmer, etc. Free speech, y'know? 23 34.33%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 07:05 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,709,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
She's really stepped in it now - this stupid, ridiculous war with Fox. I thought obama was going to engage and be inclusive.

This quote, along with "controlling" the media is really good.
Oh yeah, But, but, but..beck lied, and Faux News, and neocon, and.....oh, yeah, 8 years of George Bush!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 08:11 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
If any right winger had the humor -- and the stones, in this political climate -- to quote MLK and Hitler -- a couple equally as odd and incongruous as Mao and Mother Teresa -- I'd think it was funny-ish, just as this is funny-ish, as she intended it to be. She made her (very bland) point, I guess Glenn didnt bother to share that part
If it's supposed to be a ""joke"", then it was a particularly sick joke. Quoting someone who eliminates millions of people who remotely doesn't follow their philosophy is sick. Other politicians fell from office for probably telling less of a "joke" than that.

Furthermore, I think she is pulling from her a$$ that she got that quote from Atwater. I want her or someone to provide a 100% direct source (book/paper/magazine), date, time, publisher so I can see the Atwater quote for myself. Otherwise, I think she's full of it and is attempting to deflect the issue.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:18 PM
obo

916 posts, read 985,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
If it's supposed to be a ""joke"", then it was a particularly sick joke. Quoting someone who eliminates millions of people who remotely doesn't follow their philosophy is sick. Other politicians fell from office for probably telling less of a "joke" than that.

Furthermore, I think she is pulling from her a$$ that she got that quote from Atwater. I want her or someone to provide a 100% direct source (book/paper/magazine), date, time, publisher so I can see the Atwater quote for myself. Otherwise, I think she's full of it and is attempting to deflect the issue.
That is exactly what she is doing. She has very close ties to Obama, she thinks she's invincible and can do whatever she wants without consequences.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:42 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,709,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
That is exactly what she is doing. She has very close ties to Obama, she thinks she's invincible and can do whatever she wants without consequences.
The sad thing is, she's probably correct. The media is so corrupt, they fact check an SNL skit, yet don't fact check the fake quotes attributed to Rush, and wouldn't even dare to look at this person.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:05 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
BLOOM: Generally speaking we get the joke. We know that the free market is nonsense. We know that the whole point is to game the system, to beat the market, or at least find someone who will pay you a lot of money because they're convinced that there is a free lunch. We know this is largely about power, that it's an adults only, no limit game. We kind of agree with Mao that political power comes largely from the barrel of a gun. And we get it that if you want a friend, you should get a dog.
Quote:
Ron Bloom was named the Manufacturing Czar for the United States by President Barack Obama on September 8, 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies