Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Anita Dunn listed Mao as one of her top 2 favorite philosophers; should she be fired?
Yes;why the heck is a an outspoken advocate of a brutal communist dictator working in the WH? 44 65.67%
No; she should be allowed to admire Mao, Hiltler, Stalin, Dahmer, etc. Free speech, y'know? 23 34.33%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 02:40 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
She's trying to say she was joking. Obviously not.

YouTube - Glenn Beck : Anita Dunn Favorite philosopher Mao Tse-Tung 10.15.09

This woman has a horribly annoying facial gesture - her tongue is like a lizards.
I noticed that too, about her lips. She was always smacking them or something in between words and sentences ... whenever she paused. Not really very attractive for someone speaking in public.

As to the poll question, this lady should be fired. I cannot even imagine letting people with such views anywhere near the White House. Why are we letting supporters of such evil inside the most important building in our government?

Of course the leftists on this Forum think we make this stuff up, and they refuse to watch Fox News. That is why they are so poorly informed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 02:44 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I noticed that too, about her lips. She was always smacking them or something in between words and sentences ... whenever she paused. Not really very attractive for someone speaking in public.

As to the poll question, this lady should be fired. I cannot even imagine letting people with such views anywhere near the White House. Why are we letting supporters of such evil inside the most important building in our government?

Of course the leftists on this Forum think we make this stuff up, and they refuse to watch Fox News. That is why they are so poorly informed.
One, what are her views, exactly? That Mao and Mother Theresa shared a specific personality trait, the ability to focus on the job at hand? When did that personality trait become evil?

And two, you are deluded if you think none of us leftists on the Forum watch Fox News. We watch, and we watch other news sources. Then we, gasp, do research to determine the accuracy of ALL the news sources on a particular subject. That is why we are so well-informed. Have you used your critical faculties to objectively evaluate any of your news lately?

Old 10-16-2009, 02:52 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
People admired Cheney and Bush too, ya know.
Huh???? What the heck does that have to do with this? Are you clueless, or what?

Or are you seriously trying to compare Bush and Cheney to an evil dictator like Mao? If you are really trying to make that stick, as though there were some validity to the argument, I would have to question your reasoning abilities and mental acumen.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:55 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Delusianne, can you tell me if this is high or low German? keepen sie up der gut werk
It's what I've just named pidgin-sprechen: the language of der Amerikaner Volk -- many here think it fluently

Old 10-16-2009, 03:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It's what I've just named pidgin-sprechen: the language of der Amerikaner Volk -- many here think it fluently
Very fluently, I think. This is an example of the fun part of all this garbage. Thanks.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:03 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
For those of you that are not familiar with the dear old "Chairman" he was responsible for killing 70 million people, all in the name of revolution. Oh, yeah, she's an Obama appointee.

Now, here's an intellectual honesty challenge to the leftists on this board; if a WH spokesperson during Bush's presidency listed MLK and Hitler as his/her two favorite philosophers, how would you and the media react? Answer as honestly as you're conscience will allow.
I am not saying Mao was a saint, but that figure of 70 million that you give is way, way too high.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:05 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

nonsenseguy, did FauxNews inform you that Newt Gingrich quoted Mao approvingly and GWB recommended a bio of Mao to K Rove?

You're right, it's hard to believe this Volksdummendreck isnt made up.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:07 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
This is an extremely revealing poll, OP, thanks for putting it up.
I agree, extremely revealing indeed.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:12 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You don't consider your words about Cheney that kind of policing? Well no you don't, but you do consider me saying anything like that about your hero, Oba mao, or any of his appointees. Lets play a game of you are worse than I am.
roy, WHAT are you talking about???

Old 10-16-2009, 03:12 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times
Obama aide fires back at Beck over Mao remarks - CNN.com
Quote:
White House communications director Anita Dunn fired back at criticism from TV commentator Glenn Beck on Friday, saying that a Mao Tse-tung quote Beck took issue with was picked up from legendary GOP strategist Lee Atwater.
Quote:
"War is politics with blood; politics is war without blood," Gingrich said, citing Mao.
Quote:
Karl Rove, another Fox News contributor, wrote in a December 2008 Wall Street Journal op-ed that President Bush "encouraged me to read a Mao biography."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies