Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 05:35 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
She still has some fans, I'm sure. But I think that people are waking up now to who and what she really is. You won't find many conservatives in Alaska who support her at all anymore.
She might stand a good chance of becoming Governor again if she moved to.....Utah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 05:36 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I think Palin is CLEARLY an idiot, but there are still PLENTY of dittohead type folks out there who will buy (and read) her book (not that she actually wrote it). Your link is silly - first claiming that it's all a scam that the book is on the best seller list and making a claim as to why (bulk buying the book to boost it's sales) - but then admitting that the author of the blog has no actual proof of that ("Where does this money come from? Well I would look at the GOP fundraising machine and SarahPAC to start, when it comes to this particular book, but I do not personally have the resources to investigate much further."). The blogs author then goes on to provide a link to the Conservative Book Club - which offers books like Ann Coulter's for a buck. The claim the blogs author makes is that this is how the GOP boosts the sales (by buying copies then giving them away). The fact is MOST book clubs offer best sellers for such a price to entice people to join. This is true of the Military Book Club, the Science Fiction Book Club (just 2 of which I am familiar with) etc, etc, etc. They wouldn't be offering the book if they didn't think people were interested in it. That book club is a business - interested in attracting members, selling books and making money. It's NOT a free giveaway outfit by the GOP. Get real.

Again, I'm NO fan of Palin, but your post is silly. There are plenty enough people out there to buy her book - not enough to get her elected, but more than enough to move the book to the best seller list.

Ken
Oh, yeah.

The idiots in my book are:
  • Barack Insane Obama (Idiot in Chief)
  • Nancy Pelosi
  • Harry Reid
  • Barney Frank
  • Chuck Schumer
  • Barbara Boxer
  • Chris Dodd
  • Maxine Waters (One of the worst)
  • Basically anyone with a "D" after their name
These are America's idiots. I wish I could have named them all.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:36 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
She's probably angling for her own 60 minutes on Fox News. Or maybe she could replace Alan Colmes on Hannity's show. Or be Huckabee's sidekick. She's a perfect fit just about anywhere on that channel.
I see her in the future as the Marsha Clark of the political world. 15 second talking head, sound bites on CNN whenever you need the opinion of right of right field.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Sickofny isn't lying...you need to stop making wild accusations. Defend your queen with the truth if you possibly can.
He is to lying, and you know it.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Stop telling lies..........we don't believe you........
And why should we believe them? There is no truth in them.

Palin's book sales are based on nothing other than her popularity. People love her. Even if the leftists don't (but they are in the minority) Who cares what the leftists think? They can go suck eggs. Their opinion matters little. Everyone knows they are nuts.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:54 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I guess the American people aren't so stupid after all...and now Palin's slide is being compared to that of John Edwards.

Of course, Edwards may be an adulterer, but at least he's got some brains...the same can't be said about the Alaskan bimbo.

John Edwards, Sarah Palin Both See Favorable Ratings Slide

Gee. I did not know Sarah Palin was in office or running for office. How are Warren Harding's ratings?

Old 10-16-2009, 06:18 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, yeah.

• Nancy Pelosi
  • Harry Reid
  • Barney Frank
  • Chuck Schumer
  • Barbara Boxer
  • Chris Dodd
Just add Ayers, Wright, and ACORN, and you've got a Sean Hannity show.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
WHY the continued focus on this woman when she is trying to step away from the jealous,negative females(and some males) that have been after her family and herself since day one---go after those negative women that deserve this such as nancy pelosi,barbra walters,madumma,heidi krumb(to name a few!
I'm sick of this "jealousy" deflection. I'd have to have a loose screw to be jealous of her. Most people dislike Sarah b/c she is a ditz.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:42 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Oh, yeah.

• Nancy Pelosi
  • Harry Reid
  • Barney Frank
  • Chuck Schumer
  • Barbara Boxer
  • Chris Dodd
Are you seriously saying that you do not think that there are any idiots on the Republican side of the aisle? C'mon. Don't you think that your post would sound a lot more credible and honest if you included at least one or two known crazies with an "R" after their name?

Old 10-16-2009, 08:50 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times
Quote:
"Book buying machine"? Who would have money enough to buy books just to "push" it to the top?

I think you are being scammed if you believe that. I know that some said News Max was buying her books. But according to News Max, they have not bought one book. Funny.

You leftists just can't deal with the fact that people like Sarah Palin.
One of her supporters had $63,000 to spend just to have dinner with her.

I thought all business people and rich successful people were Republicans, the way they claim it. So now you're saying no one, or no organization, could come up with the money to artificially prop up her sales?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies