Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 11:59 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I'm still hoping for Palin/Joe the Plumber in 2012..a ticket of the mentally challenged. Of course, most Republicans would fit that definition.

Or the GOP could go with Palin/Jindal the Exorcist...a ticket of religious freaks. Most Republicans fit that too.
*I* am waiting for the Palin/Bachman ticket. PLEASE!!!!! I have said it before, it would be comedy gold!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 11:59 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Palin is notoriously sleaze ball tactic oriented. She had so many ethic complaints against her before she abandoned ship in Alaska that I lost count. You can easily Google them though.
Can you as easily google the complaints that were false and thrown out for being that?

Left wing smear is just as sickening as the false accusations that were made for smear use as the way people like you continue to howl about how the accusations didn't amount to anything but attempts to smear her. Come on and admit that nearly every one, if not every one, of those things were nothing but garbage.

Why are you people so afraid of the woman? I think I know but would love to have one of you admit it.

Old 10-18-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Link is there, just right click on it. Anchorage Daily News.
Now that was a purely dirty trick to offer up a link that proved that those accusations were largely nothing but leftwing crap and attempts to smear her. Old Sickof was doing so good without any proof of what was going on and you stepped in and blew that argument all to hell.

I loved the sources of the ensuing links, like The Daily Beast. At least yours were all in one place and it was a newspaper very close to the government of Alaskas.

I think I will go to bed as soon as I manage to stop laughing about this thread.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Now that was a purely dirty trick to offer up a link that proved that those accusations were largely nothing but leftwing crap and attempts to smear her. Old Sickof was doing so good without any proof of what was going on and you stepped in and blew that argument all to hell.

I loved the sources of the ensuing links, like The Daily Beast. At least yours were all in one place and it was a newspaper very close to the government of Alaskas.

I think I will go to bed as soon as I manage to stop laughing about this thread.
As I have stated over and over, the left, really left, doesn't know how to discuss or try and prove a point without personel attacks. They sound like a bunch of elementary kids, name calling, insults, using examples that were proven not true. Even though I do not happen to support her, nor do I really think she will run or seriously run, I think what the left and the left media has done to her is worse than shameful!!!!

Nita

Old 10-18-2009, 08:55 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
She may be dumber than a bag of hammers, but she's still a cutie in my book.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:34 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Sorry, did not notice the link. My point, although not specific, was that as governor, Palin conducted herself in ways that would appear unethical in many circumstances. In fact, her behavior pattern, starting with the McCain campaign, displayed a greediness surrounding her shopping spree for herself and her family. If most of these ethics complaints were indeed frivolous, there are obviously people that still do not think so...

“The number of complaints is a function of the misconduct of Governor Palin, Todd Palin and certain state workers,†said self-described government watchdog Andrée McLeod, who has filed four complaints alone. “Governor Palin constantly blurs the lines between her personal and political interests and the interests of Alaska and Alaskans. Alaskans are fed up and are finally doing something about it.â€

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin receives deluge of ethics complaints - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

An independent investigator has found evidence that Gov. Sarah Palin may have violated ethics laws by trading on her position in seeking money for legal fees, in the latest legal distraction for the former vice presidential candidate as she prepares to leave office this week.

The report obtained by The Associated Press says Palin is securing unwarranted benefits and receiving improper gifts through the Alaska Fund Trust, set up by supporters.

New Ethics Problems Dog Sarah Palin - Bonnie Erbe (usnews.com)

The suddenness of Sarah Palin’s resignation raises questions about whether a coming scandal caused her to leave office. Max Blumenthal looks at one possibility.

Many political observers in Alaska are fixated on rumors that federal investigators have been seizing paperwork from SBS in recent months, searching for evidence that Palin and her husband Todd steered lucrative contracts to the well-connected company in exchange for gifts like the construction of their home on pristine Lake Lucille in 2002. The home was built just two months before Palin began campaigning for governor, a job which would have provided her enhanced power to grant building contracts in the wide-open state.

Did a Scandal Sink the U.S.S. Palin? - The Daily Beast

Okay, if some of these complaints were frivolous, let's face it, Palin is no sainted lady and her reason for resignation was most likely not the noble reason she wanted her fans to think that it was. BTW...if Palin was not confronted with this one and agreed to pay it back, she most likely would have not volunteered to do so on her own...

Oct. 24, 2008: Complaint contended Palin abused her power by charging the state when her children traveled with her. The personnel board found no wrongdoing, but in a Feb. 23 settlement Palin agreed to reimburse the state about $10,000 for costs associated with 10 trips found to be of questionable state interest among 72 travel authorizations studied. The money is due to the state on Tuesday.
A lot of the complaints were indeed "frivolous"... but Andrea McCleod makes an excellent point. And I think that some people here need to understand that many of the complaints were not filed by the "left".

Old 10-18-2009, 05:35 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:

LOL, Roy....most die hard convservatives in the state of Alaska regard the ADN as nothing more than a "liberal rag".

It is owned by Outside interests. It has okay crosswords, though.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
only bek of her efforts to make plans to be with me. she gave it all up for me.
we will be watching the sun set over russia soon, i love my sara.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
As I have stated over and over, the left, really left, doesn't know how to discuss or try and prove a point without personel attacks. They sound like a bunch of elementary kids, name calling, insults, using examples that were proven not true. Even though I do not happen to support her, nor do I really think she will run or seriously run, I think what the left and the left media has done to her is worse than shameful!!!!

Nita
I support her all the way but I don't think she plans to run in 2012. I think she intends to just work for Republicans raising money and such like. I am sure that she won't run then because of the far left doing their thing to her.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:21 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Can you as easily google the complaints that were false and thrown out for being that?

Left wing smear is just as sickening as the false accusations that were made for smear use as the way people like you continue to howl about how the accusations didn't amount to anything but attempts to smear her. Come on and admit that nearly every one, if not every one, of those things were nothing but garbage.

Why are you people so afraid of the woman? I think I know but would love to have one of you admit it.
roy, nobody, absolutely nobody on the "left" is afraid of Palin. She is the best joke around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies