Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 11:03 AM

370 posts, read 440,674 times

Advertisements

Since when did Republicans care about the unemployed anyway? All they do on this board is complain how lazy they are and how theyre told to start their own business blah blah blah.
Th
So make up your minds is it the people who are unemployed or is it Obamas fault.

At least Im consistent, I blame Obama because he is no Liberal. The people say the stimulus isnt working but they are too dumb to realize Obama doesnt care about you he only cares about Wall Street and big business and the rich. Things appear to be improving for them so I would say the stimulus is doing exactly what Obama the Plutocrat wanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 11:15 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkid View Post
Hater ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It has helped prevent the jobless rate from balloning to 12 or 13% and improvement is improvement. The Dow is up and the economy as a whole is , again, improving. Nobody said it would be perfect overnight. We're not waiting in breadlines or experiencing hyperinflation as many conservatives suggested/hoped for..

Because BO said it was going to be 12 or 13%?

I seem to remember dire warnings about 10% unemployment if we didn't pass the trillion dollar spending bill.

Nothing has been improved except the piggy banks of traditional Democrat supporters.

You saw the links. Show me the connection between unemployment and stimulus dollars.

And just for the record, using your flying unicorn logic, Bush saved us from a far worse depression in 2000 and from a nuclear war in 2001. I have no proof of my claims, but neither did you.

Unemployment is being driven by empty savings accounts driving consumer confidence to new lows. Cut taxes and create a payroll tax holiday instead of paying off supporters and the economy will rebound tomorrow. Raise taxes and we could very well have another sever depression.

Try to remember, full bank accounts increase consumer confidence, and empty bank accounts decrease consumer confidence (see late nineties).

Old 10-16-2009, 11:21 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
as a person that lives in Fla losing your job can soon make you homeless. At least in S fla where the cost of living is so high
If you made the choice to spend all of those paychecks when you had a job, vs saving some of them, I have no sympathy for you regardless as to where you live.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:22 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Because BO said it was going to be 12 or 13%?

I seem to remember dire warnings about 10% unemployment if we didn't pass the trillion dollar spending bill.

Nothing has been improved except the piggy banks of traditional Democrat supporters.

You saw the links. Show me the connection between unemployment and stimulus dollars.

And just for the record, using your flying unicorn logic, Bush saved us from a far worse depression in 2000 and from a nuclear war in 2001. I have no proof of my claims, but neither did you.

Unemployment is being driven by empty savings accounts driving consumer confidence to new lows. Cut taxes and create a payroll tax holiday instead of paying off supporters and the economy will rebound tomorrow. Raise taxes and we could very well have another sever depression.

Try to remember, full bank accounts increase consumer confidence, and empty bank accounts decrease consumer confidence (see late nineties).

Again when those initial comments were made, no one knew how bad it was going to be. We had several months were of horrible job reports that came out from the time those comments were made till the Stimulus was passed, as well as the horrific 4th Quarter earnings reports.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:23 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times
Quote:
Hater ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It has helped prevent the jobless rate from balloning to 12 or 13% and improvement is improvement. The Dow is up and the economy as a whole is , again, improving. Nobody said it would be perfect overnight. We're not waiting in breadlines or experiencing hyperinflation as many conservatives suggested/hoped for..
Merry Christmas. Your gift is a shovel to dig your head out of the sand with.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:41 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
A conservative saying the Govenor has no control over the state?? As someone said in another thread, all roads lead to Obama when it comes to Sanrene even those in Florida.

When did people start reaching for statewide stats. Jobless claims are down nationwide.

Jobless claims down more than expected - Stocks & economy- msnbc.com
The number of jobless claims doesn't incl. people who are without a job for over a year and out of receiving any benefits....on top of that neither are people incl. who's hours were cut or kept the same hours but had a salary cut.

Many people that I know had either their hours or salary cut so if they would be counted the missery would be even worse, just as it is in reality!

Maybe there are States that are doing better than over here, but Obama's policies haven't done what he promissed just horrible hope and change...hot air!

Old 10-16-2009, 12:02 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The number of jobless claims doesn't incl. people who are without a job for over a year and out of receiving any benefits....on top of that neither are people incl. who's hours were cut or kept the same hours but had a salary cut.

Many people that I know had either their hours or salary cut so if they would be counted the missery would be even worse, just as it is in reality!

Maybe there are States that are doing better than over here, but Obama's policies haven't done what he promissed just horrible hope and change...hot air!

It was stated pretty early on that things were going to get worse before they got better.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:24 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
The liberals always want to raise taxes and have no clue that isn't working to create jobs!

Neither is interfering with the free markets...let people fail if the do their businesses wrong....if people have a mortgage that they can't afford, let them fail too.....

Government and for sure Obama should stay out of free markets!

Old 10-16-2009, 12:37 PM

8 posts, read 12,220 times
Default Obama Vs. Bush?

Isn't Obama doing better than Bush ever did though?

Old 10-16-2009, 12:49 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
Could be worse, the government could have just done nothing and watched many businesses implode and credit markets freeze. Claims are falling, people are picking up hiring again, but it takes a good bit for things to recover from a 2 year decline.

Some people are just impatient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies