Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 07:24 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times

Advertisements

I'm still waiting for those anthrax crop dusters that Foul Powell swore existed. And can any of us forget the "drones that could be here in 45 minutes" and wipe out suburban kids in kiddie pools. Oh, and the yellow cake. Duncan Hines finest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 07:47 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
I do not get it. It's on record that we found chemical weapons in Iraq. It's a unrefutable fact. Chemical weapons fits the definition of WMD (chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear). But I still hear that we didn't find WMD; but we did. I do not think the finds were on scale to what we thought their stockpile was but nevertheless.

One wonders about the advantage an agricultural commodities business gains by securing drums of pesticide in camouflaged bunkers six feet underground. The 'agricultural site' was also co—located within a military ammunition dump.

Poland found artillery shells and warheads in Iraq that definitely contained the deadly nerve agent cyclosarin.

55—gallon drums of a substance that mass spectrometer testing confirmed was cyclosarin, a blister agent, were discovered too (http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-100741024.html - broken link). Next to a mobile laboratory that could have been used to mix chemicals.

And I know the National Ground Intelligence Center report that cited the discovery of 500 chemical weapon munitions will not qualify either (they're old munitions and don't count), despiting fitting the definition "chemical weapon" and despite remaining toxic with an ability of being repackaged into news bombs with the same lethality.

Comprehensive Report of the Special Advisor to the DCI on Iraq's WMD, Volume 3, page 30. Including in Khamisiyah forty-one 122-mm sarin/cyclosarin SAKR=18 rockets. 4-Jun, 25-Jun, 29 July 2004
Second paragraph of first linked article:

"Beyond doubt these are shells from the 1980-1988 period, of the type used against Kurds and
during the Iraq-Iran war."

The ones we gave them.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:31 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,874 times
Correction - That WaPo that I talked about didnt survive my edits, realized that driving home - but here it is: WaPo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine
The ones we gave them.
That's why I fathom we knew he had a WMD program.

So pretty much the concensus of the thread so far is that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The weapons that were found were old useless weapons.
So we are in agreement we found wmd? But are in disagreement if they were viable threat or not?

Old 10-17-2009, 12:45 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Correction - That WaPo that I talked about didnt survive my edits, realized that driving home - but here it is: WaPo.

That's why I fathom we knew he had a WMD program.

So pretty much the concensus of the thread so far is that:

So we are in agreement we found wmd? But are in disagreement if they were viable threat or not?
No, we found some weapons, stuff that didn't work and wasn't viable. That isn't exactly WMD's, Chemical or Biological Weapons. We are in agreement, however that he had them at one time, because well Reagan gave it to him.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:21 AM

946 posts, read 2,604,651 times
Remember that we gave Saddam satellite photos so he could use his chemical weapons more accurately on Iranian troop concentrations. We never had a problem with his WMD until he stopped following our commands. Wanna know why they hate us? This is exhibit A.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:50 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
So pretty much the concensus of the thread so far is that: So we are in agreement we found wmd?
I'm not subscribing to that point of view. Without splitting hairs too much, a "weapon" indicates something that is somewhat usable for its intended purpose. Those shells couldn't be fired in the first place and their contents were toxic, but nowhere near Sarin-class toxic.

Quote:
But are in disagreement if they were viable threat or not?
Has anyone argued those shells were a viable threat? It seems pretty obvious they weren't.

Listen, the only reason anyone gave two sh.ts about WMD is because the US wanted a casus belli. Remember the run-up? Massive WMD programs, mobile anthrax production units, high-speed centrifuge turbine arrays for uranium enrichment (remember the infamous aluminum-tubes-of-doom?) - that's the ticket of goods we were sold. (Well, some were.) What was found was embarrassing compared to that and insisting that "We did too find WMD" is just hair-splitting sophistry at this point. The highest members of the US Gvt. said there were massive amounts of WMD. They found 500 rusty shells of no more military significance than cavalry sabers.

Give it up. Nobody's buying it.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:02 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
Well, we were told by Don (Skeletor) Rumsfeld that they were north, east, west and south (wow ! that covers it) We were told that there were massive stockpiles of UBER chemicals. Ready to GET ya. Squirt. Die !!!!! Poof ! DIE !!!!!! So where ARE these things mr skel told us about with his gnarly claws gestulating on tv ??

Old 10-17-2009, 07:23 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
Why does legacy media and the left ignore evidence of chemical weapons being found in Iraq?

Why, it's an inconvenient truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies